Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

BillJ wrote: »
    Who in their right mind would do this to a car :confused:

E7hMc.jpg
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4249184

Jesus, that needs vrt and crushing, €1700 quid?

I wonder would he buy mine?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Stheno wrote: »
    Any damage?

Broken number plate!

Oh yeah got my refurbed wheels out for pic! roll on March. Bling!

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Now get another car and jam them in :pac:

I was almost blocked in at the back also, very bad combination, no sleep due to sick baby, early shift and coming back to THIS.. ;)

Goodparking3.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

A Horologist works with any kind of time piece ;)

Ah, I see. :) you know your watch gives you radiation? But the amount emitted by a digital watch is so low that you'd have to be about the size of a grain of salt and wear the watch for something like 9,000 years before it would even begin to have any detectable effects. :)

• Advertisement

dgt wrote: »
    They like their "Heniken" as they call it in Naaaaavan...

No real preference myself *cough Carlsberg *cough but that dutch gold would make the hair on your eyeballs stand! :pac:

Aw, I choked on my tea when I read that! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Oh right yeah, mine's not digital.......

Oh right yeah, mine's not digital.......

lol I didn't mean "your" watch, I mean digital watches in general. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

JJJJNR wrote: »
    I was almost blocked in at the back also, very bad combination, no sleep due to sick baby, early shift and coming back to THIS.. ;)

Goodparking3.jpg

Few carefully placed scratches and bye bye stone chips...im just thinking out loud...

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

lol I didn't mean "your" watch, I mean digital watches in general. :p

Analogue watches radiate if they have glow in the dark hands

Old watches used radium for this but that was obviously banned, now they use tritium

• Advertisement

Few carefully placed scratches and bye bye stone chips...im just thinking out loud...

I was talking loud ! thankfully it was my camera I took out and not my minecraft diamond pickaxe.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Analogue watches radiate if they have glow in the dark hands

Old watches used radium for this but that was obviously banned, now they use tritium

Aw, I remember I had a glow in the dark hands watch. the good old days. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭tuborg_man

I have 2 head shaped dents in my front wing, caused by 2 mongoloid gorilla pee heads hving a fight and using my passing car as a wall, I'm not a happy camper,:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

tuborg_man wrote: »
    I have 2 head shaped dents in my front wing, caused by 2 mongoloid gorilla pee heads hving a fight and using my passing car as a wall, I'm not a happy camper,:mad:

bad damage ?

anyone answer a quick question. are to two driving licenses ?

learned permit and full driving license ?

or is the advanced driving thing another license or how does the advanced driving work with the rsa for cars ?

Not nice :( where?

Look at it this way, its easier to take out huge dents than little uns. In the winter of 2010 I slipped and pushed the whole wing of my car in. When we were finished just a few marks a lick of paint wouldn't cure

Plumber for the day. Normal service will resume in the evening :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

Came across this. Think it's pretty cool :cool:

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4255561

Full-16006425.jpeg

I no they look awful to anyone with eyes but you can't deny it would be the perfect car for any drug dealer!

Or you could save it and have an interesting show car in a few years....

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭tuborg_man

dgt wrote: »
    Not nice :( where?

Look at it this way, its easier to take out huge dents than little uns. In the winter of 2010 I slipped and pushed the whole wing of my car in. When we were finished just a few marks a lick of paint wouldn't cure

Happened inbetween palace and solar, started off on the path and spilled out onto the road and I got stuck in the middle, ambulance was called for one of the lads fighting so willl find out Wednesday what the gardai have to say, I'd say it'd be easily pushed out,

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

The Magnificent Seven went to a new home today.

I has a sad. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

How expensive would a 523/525i e60 be to maintain compared to an e39 lads?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

I couldn't say as I've never had an E60 but you could be lucky and have little / no issues. As a general rule though more parts = more hassle, be it electronic or turbo, etc.

A late model E39 with all the bells and whistles would be my choice over an E60.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Electric water pump is something that goes on them. My dad's 523i had that issue, can't remember the cost to replace, but it was pricey, maybe 5/600?

My dads is an 06 i think, and other than that failure, nothing else has really gone wrong. Engines are strong in them, his is an auto too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Mpg Alan? Not that I mind with my mileage.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Mpg Alan? Not that I mind with my mileage.

low to mid 20's. Heavy car, it's slightly worse than mine.

Happened inbetween palace and solar, started off on the path and spilled out onto the road and I got stuck in the middle, ambulance was called for one of the lads fighting so willl find out Wednesday what the gardai have to say, I'd say it'd be easily pushed out,

Ah ludlow st, say no more.... Dad told me of a time he was driving down there (was a taxi driver himself years ago) only to be stopped by someone humped over on the st, trying to take a dump :eek:

Try Walter Caldwell, hes a cracker :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

From this point forward I shall be known as Madam Zelda the psychic.

Did the NCT and sure enough it failed as the ball joint on the offside is worn.

Did I not predict front suspension issues?

Apart from that all was good.

Rather bizarrely the tester came out to me at the end, and asked me to open the boot, as he couldn't figure out how to do it :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Also passed the NCT today, first go, no faults :)

Not bad for a daily driver that will celebrate its 22nd birthday in 15 days :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

peasant wrote: »
    Also passed the NCT today, first go, no faults :)

Nod bad for a daily driver that will celebrate its 22nd birthday in 15 days :D

Congrats :)

Has anyone hear ever used Lucas Fuel System cleaner?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Nope, but I'm a deciple of the church of Dipetane ...works well on my stinky old diesel, makes it purr like a kitten

• Advertisement

Congrats :)

I have. It works well but needs time to work

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement