Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Smells pretty nice truth be told.

6966_10151206326099121_18606739_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 33,972 ✭✭✭✭listermint

ive always wanted to smell that, i think il just have to bite the bullet and buy it :)

I went out with a stripper (lapdancer) in my younger days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

RoverJames wrote: »

It's all coming out eh.... :p:p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Lured her in with a swanky 75 no doubt.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

We're all leaning forward waiting for the conclusion to this story James....;-)

listermint wrote: »
    ive always wanted to smell that, i think il just have to bite the bullet and buy it :)

It's pretty nice.I was ordering some wrinkle paint so decided why not.

We got something in common at last RJ ;)

We got something in common at last RJ ;)

In younger days you went out with RJ...? :eek::eek::eek: :p

dgt wrote: »
    In younger days you went out with RJ...? :eek::eek::eek: :p

Doesn't float my boat fella

CianRyan wrote: »
    Lured her in with a swanky 75 no doubt.

I had a 1995 214SEi at the time, 'twas 2004/2005 iirc.
    We're all leaning forward waiting for the conclusion to this story James....;-)

No conclusion really. Was only for a couple of months, nice lady though, she was a tad older than me.

One night we went to that club under the sports bar in Temple Bar, forget the name of it, she wore a tiny little top with "property of Angels" on it, 90% sure it also had Leeson Street in small writing under Angels too, not sure though..... them were the days :pac:

• Advertisement

There's sports bar in Temple Bar?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

There certainly used to be...... before you "young fellas" grew up and started stealing our women / haunts.

A certain large motor shop with outlets all over the country has a wee booklet telling you what bulb sizes fit your motor.

Mugs was in a rush, dashed in to get some taillight bulbs before a long trip today.

Guide said 380..... There starts me trying to fit a 380 bulb into a hole where it just doesn't want to fit. I put the old bulb in to see if she sat the whole way into the lens and to clarify that I wasn't actually losing the plot when it fell inside the fecking lens.....

Turns out the guide was wrong and I needed 270..... Bog all sleep + me in a rush = a blown bulb rattling around in the tail light lens and me two 380 bulbs up with no need for them. (welcome to anybody at the next meet) :D

/rant

MugMugs wrote: »
    There certainly used to be...... before you "young fellas" grew up and started stealing our women / haunts.

Pfft, I can count the amount of times I've drank in Temple Bar on one hand.
    I'm more of a local dweller.
    €25 a trip in a taxi? You can feck off!

Boomers was the club I think.

Pfft, I can count the amount of times I've drank in Temple Bar on one hand.
    I'm more of a local dweller.
    €25 a trip in a taxi? You can feck off!

Pre smoking ban the old Leyland / Volvo buses were the biz. Get dropped off to the cinema by the folks, into the cinema, large orange into a large cup, lace it with Vodka and down the back of the bus with 10 JP Blue and into town only to generally get refused from every nightclub you could find and up in some stinking hole wrapped around some woman three times your body mass.....

Jesus, I had a messed up youth.... :confused:

Boomers was the club I think.

Boomerangs..... Bar was Buskers.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

I've had that problem before Mugs - just keep on forcing until you get it in. Initially it might be uncomfortable but once in it will be a pleasure. ;)

Out of interest how old is your ride?

Ok found out what I think is another symptom of my rough idle and buzzing noise from the Astra. The noise is only intermittent but now I think that it's only happening when I have the front and/or rear demistors on. The car vibrates a lot more when they are on and if you rev up the car when stationary with them on, when it drops below 1k revs to idling speed it vibrates a lot like it will conk only to rev itself up a bit to stop it from doing so. If you turn off the demistors this does not happen. The noise itself sounds like its coming from the alternator areaish but I never have anymore battery problems it starts perfectly all the time.
    Any ideas?

Coil maybe :D

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Out of interest how old is your ride?

She is four, five on her next name day in January! :) I'll remember that advice John...... i don't think I could ever un-read it! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Coil maybe :D

Would those symptoms have something to do with the coil? I was thinking more fan belt etc.

Maybe I'm too tired but I noticed this evening some very bright headlights. Worse were even brighter brake lights! :(

I was behind an 09 Avensis in the city. Very, very bright brake lights. After being at a computer all day with naff all sleep I couldn't take it anymore and asked the driver to put on the handbrake when stopped in traffic for a while.

If you are reading this, thank you for doing so, it meant a lot :)

Would those symptoms have something to do with the coil? I was thinking more fan belt etc.

.... You could take off the belt and the engine won't be effected :)
    For a good while anyway :pac:

Maybe I'm too tired but I noticed this evening some very bright headlights. Worse were even brighter brake lights! :(

I was behind an 09 Avensis in the city. Very, very bright brake lights. After being at a computer all day with naff all sleep I couldn't take it anymore and asked the driver to put on the handbrake when stopped in traffic for a while.

If you are reading this, thank you for doing so, it meant a lot :)

Explain the logistics of that if you were behind them. Did you get out and go up and ask them?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Boomerangs... Christ, that brings me back! Was one of the only places you actually didn't need ID to get in 10/12 years ago.

I was in Buskers a few years ago as well for one of David Haye's fights. Place was jammed and there were actually some nice foreign women floating around, but plenty of dodgy 'parties' and hens/stags as well. It seems to be one of those spots, so I've had no inclination to go back since.

.... You could take off the belt and the engine won't be effected :)
    For a good while anyway :pac:

I'll prob be down in the morning you could do it for me and take it for a spin and diagnose the problem in 6.4 seconds :pac:

Last time I went at an auxiliary belt I butchered the tensioner :o
    Forgot to loosen the bit you loosen before attacking it :pac:

MugMugs wrote: »
    Explain the logistics of that if you were behind them. Did you get out and go up and ask them?

A very bleary eyed and dazzled dgt got out and politely asked the driver :)

I tried looking away, closing eyelids but couldn't avoid it. Maybe it was fatigue

That's the first time I've ever did that btw. Those Avensis lights are vicious!

Last time I went at an auxiliary belt I butchered the tensioner :o
    Forgot to loosen the bit you loosen before attacking it :pac:

Ok forget the manual labour part, just have a listen and see what you think? :)

• Advertisement

A very bleary eyed and dazzled dgt got out and politely asked the driver :)

I tried looking away, closing eyelids but couldn't avoid it. Maybe it was fatigue

That's the first time I've ever did that btw. Those Avensis lights are vicious!

The current model with the LED's? They're noticeable but there's worse out there IMO...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement