Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

awec wrote: »
    Anyone spotted these reindeer antler thingys that people are putting on their cars?

Not again! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Anyone spotted these reindeer antler thingys that people are putting on their cars?

I have seen a few cars going around with red "noses" on the front grille!

Matt Simis wrote: »
    There are zero other 560SECs to compete with anyhow.. :pac:

Ummmmmmm........

Good luck with the corsa, can never have enough hot hatch fanboi boardsies

Seeing this got me thinking...

How many brand fanbois are here? Apart from myself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

dgt wrote: »
    Seeing this got me thinking...

How many brand fanbois are here? Apart from myself :)

Brand fanboi no 2.5 5 cyclinder turbo fanboi yes :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Dartz

Yes.

Humbug. That's all I can say.

No really. I ****ing hate the things. Especially when they fall of at speed.

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

166man (Alfa)
    Metzger (Mazda)
    101sean (land rover)
    Gary ITR (Honda)
    Lightning (Fiat/Porsche)
    Ardennes (Opel) ?? - questionable
    KSaL (Honda)
    Voodoomelon (BMW)
    MCMLXXV (American Muscle)
    Vectra (Skoda / VAG)
    bmstuff (BMW)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Ah is Metzger that much of a Mazda fanboi these days?

I suppose I could be considered a BMW fanboi...they're nice...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Ah is Metzger that much of a Mazda fanboi these days?

Say something negative about a rotary, I dare ya! :D

• Advertisement

dar83 wrote: »
    Say something negative about a rotary, I dare ya! :D

Shurre they are only for hairdressers living beyond their means ! :pac:

RB-Abandon-Thread.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

166man (Alfa)
    Metzger (Mazda)
    101sean (land rover)
    Gary ITR (Honda)
    Lightning (Fiat/Porsche)
    Ardennes (Opel) ?? - questionable
    KSaL (Honda)
    Voodoomelon (BMW)
    MCMLXXV (American Muscle)
    Vectra (Skoda / VAG)
    bmstuff (BMW)

Phew :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

balls..
    . how did I know that would happen to me..

if I had my way I would not have gotten the crv..... disco 3 hse thank you very much sir.

This thread ain't big enough for 2 Fiat fanbois... :pac::pac::pac:

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    On the issue of reindeer antlers I saw a load of people in San Fran with a big moustache`s covering the front grills of there cars. That can be good for cooling considering its 30 degrees in San Fran.

Well there are plenty of Freddie Mercury fans over there...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Take this line out of the ad imo

Nice car g'luck:cool:

Thanks Dar. I took out that line :)

Plastidip on frong wheels giving up the ghost now.

Great product for winter sealing or seeing if a colour suits the car before making the investment of powdercoating but not really viable for more than 4-5 months at a time, might have hung on better only for the alloys are very very low profile.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

is plasta dip only changing colour or does it help refurbish alloys as such ?

also price of fuel going up anyone ?

Plastidip on frong wheels giving up the ghost now.

Great product for winter sealing or seeing if a colour suits the car before making the investment of powdercoating but not really viable for more than 4-5 months at a time, might have hung on better only for the alloys are very very low profile.

No offence dude, but I'd question your application if you're seeing issues of it coming off all on it's own.

My fogs and front grilles have been Plastidip'd* for nearly a year now, and they don't look any different to the day after I did them.

You really need to start with light layers to create a solid base for the upper layers to cling to. The first coat is barely a covering at all, you literally just spray over the surface once, and so on. :)

*I don't get any commission from PlastiDip at all, I swear. :P

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

also price of fuel going up anyone ?

probably 3-5 cent a litre

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Ronnie Beck

Can you plasti-dip steel wheels?

No offence dude, but I'd question your application if you're seeing issues of it coming off all on it's own.

My fogs and front grilles have been Plastidip'd* for nearly a year now, and they don't look any different to the day after I did them.

You really need to start with light layers to create a solid base for the upper layers to cling to. The first coat is barely a covering at all, you literally just spray over the surface once, and so on. :)

*I don't get any commission from PlastiDip at all, I swear. :P

My surrounds are fine too and i derped putting them on, on wheels it's a different story though especially the edges of low profiles where the rubber meets the wheel, still i have realized i like black wheels (even though plastidip is not more brown/grey than black) and will be investing in either powerdercoatng the standards or black RS wheels after clutch kit ofc :(

You can PlastiDip pretty much anything you like. :)

As long as you clean them thoroughly first, you'll be good to go!

i could plastidip you if you stood still long enough :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

i could plastidip you if you stood still long enough :pac:

The new spray Tan;)

Edit: 2000 posts woot! Only took me 7years too, (obviously the rest of ye post far too much ****e) :cool:

My surrounds are fine too and i derped putting them on, on wheels it's a different story though especially the edges of low profiles where the rubber meets the wheel, still i have realized i like black wheels (even though plastidip is not more brown/grey than black) and will be investing in either powerdercoatng the standards or black RS wheels after clutch kit ofc :(

Well I'll let ya know how my wheels stand up in a month or two so, but they look grand for now, did you pull off the excess stuff around the edge of the alloy where it meets the tyre? The way the PlastiDip bonds and moulds around edges means it shoudn't be lifting at all, even around the edges, unless you pick at it. :D

There's one point on one of my alloys where it's lifting slightly, but it has been like that since I did them, and it was due to me missing one little edge/corner when I cleaned the alloys. It hasn't gotten any worse since then though.

Well I'll let ya know how my wheels stand up in a month or two so, but they look grand for now, did you pull off the excess stuff around the edge of the alloy where it meets the tyre? The way the PlastiDip bonds and moulds around edges means it shoudn't be lifting at all, even around the edges, unless you pick at it. :D

There's one point on one of my alloys where it's lifting slightly, but it has been like that since I did them, and it was due to me missing one little edge/corner when I cleaned the alloys. It hasn't gotten any worse since then though.

It isn't exactly falling off but if you pulled 1-2 of the small loose tags it would come off, it's lost its colour abit so im not the bother i got to see what black wheels look like, like i said 18 inch ST wheels will hold up better than my silly low profile things

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Kinky!

On the motoring side a mate brought his VW beetle to training. It was a early model one. Just seeing it take off made me forget how old that design (Czech) it is and yet its still a reliable everyday car. I can only imagine how advanced it must have seemed in the 30`s.

On a side note, that new Golf ad thats now on tv just shows how meh it is design wise. They've rounded parts of it that they shouldn't but kept pretty much the exact same shape.

It isn't exactly falling off but if you pulled 1-2 of the small loose tags it would come off, it's lost its colour abit so im not the bother i got to see what black wheels look like, like i said 18 inch ST wheels will hold up better than my silly low profile things

Lost it's colour? That's a bit weird, I've never heard of that before. For the edges that have those tags, just clean it and then spray a bit more on them, it'll bond them back on. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

dafuq?
    481890_4586644917796_1899873741_n.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement