Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

CianRyan wrote: »
    You'd want to be buying one of these if you're going diesel at all.

And drop the lump in an R8 while you're at it. :D

I will never own an YMMPV :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Stheno wrote: »
    I will never own an YMMPV :D

and your translation of YMMPV Cian?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

31303393.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

31303393.jpg

This is what I strung together.
    I felt a like would suffice as to not embarrassed myself if I was wrong. :p

Also,
    31303969.jpg

This is what I strung together.
    I felt a like would suffice as to not embarrassed myself if I was wrong. :p

I tend to class the X5 the Lexus equivalent and the Merc one as Yummy Mummy Mpvs :)

I like YMMPV though :)

I learned a little about my car's suspension tonight, it's different from the 156, upper wishbones/ball joints are attached to the hub, lowers aren't.

It's the lower beast I've the problem with.

Why the feck they are wishbones in one world and ball joints in another is beyond me, on the 156 they were different on the gtv the ball joint and upper wishbone are the same :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭gollywog

I'm a pink car Fanboi! :p

Saying that though I have seen a very tidy scooby wrx like ShadowHearth's with a proper barbie pink respray rolling around from time to time, it saddens me :( car looks so tidy but the colour....

Oh but it at least has a spoiler! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Woohoo!
    Ice + Industrial Estate = drifting time for those of us that can't afford high powered tyre destroying...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Nothing wrong with fanboyism, as long as it's not with diesel.

I quite like meh dayyyyysel tractor pug in a naff, twisted sense of humour....

Any excuse to shout out "no smoke no poke" with the hood up :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Dartz

The little blinking frozen symbol means trundlers at 30kph making me late for work.

And creaking over every bump. Some bushing in the front right suspension does not like the cold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

I'm in a rental transit connect that has triangles on the front. Its lethal tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

dgt wrote: »
    I quite like meh dayyyyysel tractor pug in a naff, twisted sense of humour....

Any excuse to shout out "no smoke no poke" with the hood up :pac::pac::pac:

''If she ain't turbo she ain't worttth havin''

Gary ITR wrote: »
    I'm in a rental transit connect that has triangles on the front. Its lethal tbh

I'm sure the frost and general cold weather doesn't help things either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

Just ordered a boardsie t-shirt there, anyone else here getting one?

I also think a boards car sticker would be cool, was it KSaL who was trying to do something about that a while ago???

166man wrote: »

I'm sure the frost and general cold weather doesn't help things either.
    No **** sherlock but the sheer number of slides I've had yesterday and today compared with the van with contis is ridiculous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Stop driving like a boy racer so.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

No **** sherlock but the sheer number of slides I've had yesterday and today compared with the van with contis is ridiculous

I'd be feckin' that back at the rental company and demanding something with non-lethal tyres.

Do they do Triangles with the correct load rating for a Connect?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

166man wrote: »
    ''If she ain't turbo she ain't worttth havin''

No tweak no reek!

Slam her to the floor and screw the life outta her!

D-Turbos roll blowin coal!

I could go on and on... You get the jist :p

R.O.R wrote: »

I'd be feckin' that back at the rental company and demanding something with non-lethal tyres.

Do they do Triangles with the correct load rating for a Connect?
    Not a small rental company either.... I should be back in my own van today or tomorrow though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

OSI wrote: »
    Hello Mr. Postman! :D

zFI_9TKShk_Rk9wxwEhFylt_ppuUl3OzN2mhZ6OSXEQ

Nice! cant wait to see then installed. :)

Also I'm waiting for someone to make a "bubble wrap" reference. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Someone just did:p

• Advertisement

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    Just ordered a boardsie t-shirt there, anyone else here getting one?

I also think a boards car sticker would be cool, was it KSaL who was trying to do something about that a while ago???

Thinking of getting one for the OH :)

Someone just did:p

It wasn't supposed to be me though to make the reference... :p

I would say so. If you can't afford brand new premium tyres, then part-worns are the way to go. Not the Chinese ****, speaking of which it always amazes me the amount of Taxi's that go around on sh1tty tyres, you'd think they'd have to meet requirements.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

No more driving for Bubblewrap as the postman broke his PS3 controller... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

A rebate on Diesel for businesses so I'm hearing on the radio. Good move.

Matt Simis wrote: »
    No more driving for Bubblewrap as the postman broke his PS3 controller... :pac:

That was bellow the belt. :p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Just test drove the opc corsa. Not quite as fast as I was expecting but I was probably hoping for too much!

All was fine except when driving along the gearstick was bopping back about an inch every so often? And when changing gears into 2 or 4th shall we say the gear stick came back a small bit?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

I'm not sure about what set up Opel have in that car but the gearstick movement you're talking about would make me stay away. It could very well be a synchro problem and may be pricey to fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Just test drove the opc corsa. Not quite as fast as I was expecting but I was probably hoping for too much!

All was fine except when driving along the gearstick was bopping back about an inch every so often? And when changing gears into 2 or 4th shall we say the gear stick came back a small bit?

Drive a few more of them and it might give you a better idea - even if you don't have any intention of buying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

Could be caused by a bad engine mount either I think?
    When the engine rocks back and forth the gear lever is pulled by the linkage.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement