Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

That was bellow the belt. :p:D

Bellows.jpg
    Now you'd hardly use a bellows at eye level :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

There's so few of them around the chance to drive another one would be impossible nearly!
    It has 88k miles on it so could be coming to a big issue:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

dgt wrote: »
    Bellows.jpg

You'd never have thought of that if you lived in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Bellows.jpg

What is that yoke for? :D

What is that yoke for? :D

It's a suppository :D

• Advertisement

It's a suppository :D

Ya, and then you pump it then!? :p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    Just ordered a boardsie t-shirt there, anyone else here getting one?

I also think a boards car sticker would be cool, was it KSaL who was trying to do something about that a while ago???

going to order one myself tonight too.

my main reason being to see what could happen if you walker by someone wearing one

or same for car sticker. giving a friendly beep or wave and looking like a right knob. :)

happy to hear not much happened in the budget on petrol :)

going to order one myself tonight too.

my main reason being to see what could happen if you walker by someone wearing one

or same for car sticker. giving a friendly beep or wave and looking like a right knob. :)

happy to hear not much happened in the budget on petrol :)

Bloody rollies is up by 50c though! :mad: Do I look like I'm made of money?

:D Seriously though it sucks... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Stop smoking and save even more so.

MugMugs wrote: »

But....MOm..:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

I also think a boards car sticker would be cool, was it KSaL who was trying to do something about that a while ago???

Car stickers have never gotten a go-ahead from the higher-ups because you can't regulate peoples driving once they have a sticker on the car.

All it takes is for a few people with boards.ie stickers on their cars to act like a knob for a shít storm to land, and have the place flooded with bad PR (prime example: Midnightclub). Could lead to all sorts of legal trouble, and it's also a prime base for slander once you have a sticker + reg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Or smoke real fags.

Or smoke real fags.

I did at one stage. But got onto rollies and now I prefer them. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

Car stickers have never gotten a go-ahead from the higher-ups because you can't regulate peoples driving once they have a sticker on the car.

All it takes is for a few people with boards.ie stickers on their cars to act like a knob for a shít storm to land, and have the place flooded with bad PR (prime example: Midnightclub). Could lead to all sorts of legal trouble, and it's also a prime base for slander once you have a sticker + reg.

I see where you are coming from but would it be any worse that the t-shirts? I mean a group of people with the t-shirt on could equally cause trouble ( on a night out or whatever).

I know how you mean.

but I think the majority of members here wouldn't have that problem tbh.

and sure I doubt half the people on the roads know what it is or the likes but would act as great advertising.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

I see where you are coming from but would it be any worse that the t-shirts? I mean a group of people with the t-shirt on could equally cause trouble ( on a night out or whatever).

You're actually spot on there. I think I might buy 4 or 5 of them now just to give them out to the begging Roma's around Dublin some day. :pac:

Nothing stopping a group wearing those t shirts publicly gay bashing or being racist..... It's hypocrisy if you ask me.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Nothing stopping a group wearing those t shirts publicly gay bashing or being racist..... It's hypocrisy if you ask me.

Yeah, I know. But it's privately owned, so they can do what they like, hypocrisy or not. At the end of the day, it's boards (and ultimately its owners) that feel the effects.
    and sure I doubt half the people on the roads know what it is or the likes but would act as great advertising.

Considering it's one of Irelands largest websites by a longshot with over 1.7 million visitors per month, I highly doubt they're too worried about advertising tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

I highly doubt they're too worried about advertising tbh.

The addition of Adds embedded into the forum content recently enough would lead me to believe otherwise. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Mugs, I think Metzger has fraped your account! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Personally don't think it's a great idea either tbh.Someone prove me wrong though.

Personally don't think it's a great idea either tbh.Someone prove me wrong though.

+5 bhp :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

I thought you had "motors mod, outta my way Noob" written on your windscreen:D:pac:

MCMLXXV wrote: »

Touché......

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

For example:
    The only octane.ie person I've knowingly come across on the road was driving like a knob. A t-shirt could signify an attachment to any one of many forums, a car sticker is a little more specific maybe.

Some of us drive fairly distinctive cars thus wouldn't need a sticker....

Should I draw the boards logo on the rear bumper in the muck/soot?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

MCMLXXV wrote: »

Should that not be braped?

Don't think it would be a good idea either, can't see any benefit in terms of advertising.

G'wan

I'd say you could fit most of this thread in the muck on mine:rolleyes:

Stheno wrote: »
    Should that not be braped?

n

MM bro-raped Mugs :eek::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

pred racer wrote: »
    I'd say you could fit most of this thread in the muck on mine:rolleyes:

What's the mileage on your 159 now Pred? She's high if I remember correctly?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement