Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

166man wrote: »
    What's the mileage on your 159 now Pred? She's high if I remember correctly?

188k km.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Slippery enough out there this morning so if you can give yourself an extra few minutes to get to work!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭gollywog

Slippery enough out there this morning so if you can give yourself an extra few minutes to get to work!

Yup lots of slipping and sliding and spinning in fourth lol!

Be careful and safe guys, especially us culchies on the back roads

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

gollywog wrote: »

Yup lots of slipping and sliding and spinning in fourth lol!

Be careful and safe guys, especially us culchies on the back roads

telling ya !

I coulda sworn I was well going into a ditch on the way home crawling over a small hump/bend covered in ice. was only crawling !

telling ya !

I coulda sworn I was well going into a ditch on the way home crawling over a small hump/bend covered in ice. was only crawling !

Ya it really is lethal today guys, and I'm beside the Sea, can only imagine it being worse further inland.

We need to be extra careful to keep our pride and joy and more importantly ourselves safe!

Engine braking all the way :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

actually just while we're on this.

any tips or what to do isint automatics ?

for the likes of going down hills and round corners ?

I was thinking g probably smart to take her outta d and put into 2 to slow down and turning o/d off ?

I'm not really fully used to automatic yet so any advice welcome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Hard frost + light drizzle = handling like a boat :p

OSI wrote: »

Yeah, I'd stick it into 2nd if you can. Haven't taken the Golf out into this weather yet, will be interesting to see what the DSG makes of it given it's usually in 6th by the time I get to 60KPH.

I always use manual on DSG man.
    Always have anyway apart from first week getting used to it. I wouldn't know how to handle an automatic in the ice, i need my gears when and how I need them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

pred racer wrote: »
    188k km.

Impressive stuff, and hows she holding up?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Just cause...

car-crash-flip-roof-slide-13500532592.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

advertsfox wrote: »
    Just cause...

car-crash-flip-roof-slide-13500532592.gif

Wtf went on there? Did the matiz try to swerve the opposite way?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Nice to see someone is being proactive in killing Daewoos anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

BX 19 wrote: »
    Wtf went on there? Did the matiz try to swerve the opposite way?
    Daewoo snooker
    http://www.eloquentmath.com/2012/04/introductory-mechanics-maths-of-snooker.html
    Should he have hit a red one first?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

166man wrote: »
    Impressive stuff, and hows she holding up?

No problems, its going like a train;) have it nearly a year now.
    1 service, 2 front disks, 4 tyres (ones on it when i bought it were ****e) and 1 front wheel arch liner(also broken at purchase)

Next job (for George Dalton :) ) full fluid service, gearbox, steering, brakes, coolant, oil. Air, fuel and cabin filter.

Next job for me, clean the EGR valve.

I have to say, It doesnt like being driven slowly, the gearbox is notchy, the brakes feel weird, and it gets clogged up. But,When you are really giving it some stick, everything works perfectly:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

langdang wrote: »
    For example:
    The only octane.ie person I've knowingly come across on the road was driving like a knob. A t-shirt could signify an attachment to any one of many forums, a car sticker is a little more specific maybe.

The cycling forum have Boards Jerseys, I don't see how thats any different to a sticker tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

MarkMc wrote: »
    The cycling forum have Boards Jerseys, I don't see how thats any different to a sticker tbh
    Cyclists are either invisible or a figure of hate for most people anyway.. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Not many cyclists do be doing burnouts, revving their engines and baw bawing around small towns and country roads at 3 am :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Not many cyclists do be doing burnouts, revving their engines and baw bawing around small towns and country roads at 3 am :pac:

No, but plenty are acting the b*llocks, breaking lights, cycling in a dangerous manner, etc (not necessarily on the cycling forum)

I don't know of anyone that uses this thread that goes around like that at night. (I know its not a great point, but that's all I got :D)
    No, but plenty are acting the b*llocks, breaking lights, cycling in a dangerous manner, etc (not necessarily on the cycling forum)

Exactly, Personally if they sold them I wouldn't mind buying one. I really don't see the problem at all. All the car forums sell them like FiatForum, ClubLupo, ClubPolo, Ratlook.com etc. sells them and they hadn't any hassle that I herard off. Someone here mentioned midnight club, but then that spot is associated with racing, tuning etc. where as Boards.ie isn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

I don't know of anyone that uses this thread that goes around like that at night. (I know its not a great point, but that's all I got :D)

That just means you don't really know anyone that posts :p

Plenty of cars too :p

That just means you don't really know anyone that posts :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭barura

So you guys, is a 156 2 litre t spark a good idea? scratch that, I know what it is. :pac: Going to check one in the morning. Will I end up doing a Confab on it? Who knows. :P

Speaking of Confab, where is that lad....

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Recently spotted in AH :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Alfa, timing belt, back box, /motors + Confab

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

MugMugs wrote: »
    Alfa, timing belt, back box, /motors + Confab

Did he not get rid of the Alfa?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Stheno wrote: »
    Did he not get rid of the Alfa?

He did.

Wise choice.... Would you consider following suit? :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement