Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

MugMugs wrote: »
    He did.

Wise choice.... Would you consider following suit? :D

I might get a reliable diesel Toyota :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

Stheno wrote: »
    I might get a reliable diesel Toyota :pac:

Or the best of both worlds, a reliable diesel alfa :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

OSI wrote: »
    Be sure to check it for rats! :pac:

Rats? Jesus.
    pred racer wrote: »

hmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

That's an oxymoron right there ! :P

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Was looking for a car for myself tonight and came across a lovely 1.6 Suzuki sport. Reviews online seem to be great, apparently a great car to drive and the gf loves it, be a good step up from her 1.2 Ibiza. Anyone here drive one before?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Be sure to check it for rats! :pac:

And be sure to check yourself for a pulse after a week or so :pac:

And be sure to check yourself for a pulse after a week or so :pac:

Would driving a toyota kill you? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Not sure about the brand but the fuel is carcinogenic. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

It's so boring you might think you're dead :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Was looking for a car for myself tonight and came across a lovely 1.6 Suzuki sport. Reviews online seem to be great, apparently a great car to drive and the gf loves it, be a good step up from her 1.2 Ibiza. Anyone here drive one before?

I've driven one and it's a cracking motor. Not overly fast but peppy, understated and good fun. It's 120bhp but I'm sure a few more could be liberated from it.

Its snowing in paris.....yippeeeee:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭gollywog

Well that was fun. Fitted the steering controls to the Golf last night. All went well.

Until this morning when I turned the car on and both the power steering and ESP lights came one. Turns out the car needed to re-calibrate both which just takes a short drive. So that was fine.

Got half way to work and the tyre pressure warning beeps, awesome. Pull into a garage and it seems I have a slow puncture in one of the front tyres. Also, I finally found a garage with a tyre pump in Bar, so I could use the official VW ratings rather than guessing their PSI equivalent. Turns out I was using 3PSI too little. So got all the tyres pumped, and decided to check the oil while I was there. Oil was fine but the bloody ****ty stock air intake had come loose again, gonna look at replacement ones I think.

Will say, the car feels a bit livelier on it's feet after upping the pressure to the right settings.

Gollywog, didn't you get a new air intake? How's it going for you?

Osi,
    Had planned on it but due to some constraints just stuck a k&n panel filter in. The car had become flat from Decat but it definitely felt peppier with the new filter, i noticed a difference for sure. Not sure whether to spend big bucks on a proper cai like a forge or something now as I'm quite happy with how it's driving and it's power after the remap, and still have to sort the wastegate which joe said will add more hp. What exactly are you thinking of getting?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Noticed my front right tire is a little on the flat side...god damn it hope its not a puncture, had moved the car in about 5 days...ill fill her up at lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭gollywog

I don't know tbh. I don't want to stick any old crap on there, but at the same time, I don't really want to spend the kind of money that the likes of the Forge Twintake are looking for. Really I just want one that bloody stays put, but if I'm going to replace it, I may as well replace it properly. Conflicted!

Yup I know what you mean....

Heres some ones that seem to get good reviews:

http://www.awesomegti.com/car/vw/golfmk5/bmc-cda-kit-a3-2-0t-s3-8p-leon-2-0t-inc-cupra-golf-mk5-2-0t-octavia-2-0t-tsi

Alloy-wheels.ie have bmc i think so should be able to get that one there!

http://www.awesomegti.com/car/vw/golfmk5/neuspeed-p-flo-air-intake-kit-golf-mk5-r32-a3-tt2-3-2v6

Cant find the gti one but this is meant to be as good as the k&n typhoon but cheaper :)

http://www.awesomegti.com/car/vw/golfmk5/carbonio-intake-mkv-a3-gti-jetta-2-0t

Or go this route, very good reviews also!

But if not bothered for now just buy a panel filter until you make your mind up man! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Is that the black one for 7500? Lovely little motor, more a warm hatch but its got great reviews and I haven't heard a bad thing about it.

No there's a 07 for 5950 :) it'd be perfect for the gf anyway it seems and i wouldn't mind it either, if it had a little turbo it'd be perfect :(

Well that was fun. Fitted the steering controls to the Golf last night. All went well.

Until this morning when I turned the car on and both the power steering and ESP lights came one. Turns out the car needed to re-calibrate both which just takes a short drive. So that was fine.

Got half way to work and the tyre pressure warning beeps, awesome. Pull into a garage and it seems I have a slow puncture in one of the front tyres. Also, I finally found a garage with a tyre pump in Bar, so I could use the official VW ratings rather than guessing their PSI equivalent. Turns out I was using 3PSI too little. So got all the tyres pumped, and decided to check the oil while I was there. Oil was fine but the bloody ****ty stock air intake had come loose again, gonna look at replacement ones I think.

Will say, the car feels a bit livelier on it's feet after upping the pressure to the right settings.

Gollywog, didn't you get a new air intake? How's it going for you?

One bar is 14.5 psi, most psi gauges provide smaller resolution than bar gauges :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

assholes :(. only now i got my renewal letters for tax! :mad:

subaru for 3 months -200eu was 186eu

mazda 3 months -190eu, was 176eu.

so 390eu every 3 months for me. lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

€358 to tax the Mazda 3 for the year, what a load of jip. When the 640d at a motors meet was €330 such a horrible feeling, if only I had €115k to spend on a new 6 series!
    I'd save myself €28 euro. Perfectly logical way of thinking.

• Advertisement

I was toying with the idea of putting a twin exhaust on my car.
    Not for performance gains, just because it looks better (like the 2.4)
    Something like this.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Alfa-Romeo-159-Estate-Sedan-Sport-Exhaust-/110985728356?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item19d743d164

Would I run into any problems due to the fact that the car is designed for a single.

Disclaimer..... This may never happen:p

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Sucks balls doesn't it!

ah, i was in quite bad mood lately with work being choped down again with me back on ****y 20 hours per week and just payed 400eu for tax right now.

i got putten away 300eu for xmas presents, but looks like it will go to pay rent or bring back to zero visa after tax rape.

sorry for hearing my rant, quite upset lately...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

sorry for hearing my rant, quite upset lately...

Nothing like a good rant all the same. Here's hoping things pick up for you soon dude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

I was toying with the idea of putting a twin exhaust on my car.
    Not for performance gains, just because it looks better (like the 2.4)
    Something like this.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Alfa-Romeo-159-Estate-Sedan-Sport-Exhaust-/110985728356?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item19d743d164

Would I run into any problems due to the fact that the car is designed for a single.

Disclaimer..... This may never happen:p

I'm in the same boat, car came with a T.Spark backbox. Mine takes the twins!

What it has
    Image2366.jpg

What it should have
    Alfa%20Romeo_Alfa%20166_Grey.JPG

I'll take that quarter panel and tail light too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

assholes :(. only now i got my renewal letters for tax! :mad:

subaru for 3 months -200eu was 186eu

mazda 3 months -190eu, was 176eu.

so 390eu every 3 months for me. lovely.

I payed it on Tuesday night, saved 60 euro.

Although now Band C co2 is higher than >1300 cmc... by 5 euro :(

This 1 hour of Jeopardy think music isn't really helping me think.... But given me an idea for more naff music on a Saturday night :p

Would there be any interest in a meet later this month? Or too soon....?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Got my eye on two nice cars

1) Full service history, 123k miles on it, nice colour/leather combo, lower powered model.

2) full service history, 91k miles on it, not as nice colour, higher powered model but is 50% more expensive

Leather in the second car?

If there is thats the one I would go for. More power is always better :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

dgt wrote: »
    This 1 hour of Jeopardy think music isn't really helping me think.... But given me an idea for more naff music on a Saturday night :p

Would there be any interest in a meet later this month? Or too soon....?

I'd say maybe between Christmas and New Years? People are bound to be busy leading up to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

CianRyan wrote: »
    I'd say maybe between Christmas and New Years? People are bound to be busy leading up to it.

Between the two? Are you crazy?! :P

There's barely a sober day to be had during that week, and if there is it's usually a hangover day required for recovery! :D

I'd say realistically you'll be looking at January before anything might happen meet wise.

• Advertisement

CianRyan wrote: »

Twas thinking that too :)

How on earth did I put up with 1 hour of that music.... :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement