Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

..... in total since I got it (Aug 2010) I've spent €2090 in "maintenance", I use the m word loosely though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

You're right, will be less next year anyways.

Think the total for this year is coming in a shade over €2000 on fuel, not too bad.

7k running costs and little depreciation - what are ya moaning about! :d

Plus you won't have half of those part costs next year. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

A nice TT 225 in Waterford went up on donedeal this evening lightning. Looks clean! Take a look :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

I'm not telling ye coonts anything about my motor expenses only this - 36 mpg average from Thurles to Dublin this evening, cruise set at 130 all the way. That'll show ya how well engineered the N54 engine is compared to the MPS :D

/fanboi

Thats cheating though you have the eco mcthingy from the 135i :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Thats cheating though you have the eco mcthingy from the 135i :pac:

What's that when it's at home??

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

A nice TT 225 in Waterford went up on donedeal this evening lightning. Looks clean! Take a look :)

Is it this one?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

RoverJames wrote: »
    ..... in total since I got it (Aug 2010) I've spent €2090 in "maintenance", I use the m word loosely though :pac:

Not bad, forgot about the NCT cost you mentioned, add that and a retest onto mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Stheno wrote: »
    Is it this one?

lol, don't think so somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Is it this one?

Someones getting an awesome! Christmas present from you! :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

lol, don't think so somehow.

Jaypers, how'd I manage that! :D

I meant this

• Advertisement

dar83 wrote: »
    Someones getting an awesome! Christmas present from you! :D

That's on my Christmas wishlist after my current one blew up after about three years of abuse :) Different brand too!

Jaypers, how'd I manage that! :D

I meant this

Indeed it's that one. There's also a nice black s3 for sale lightning on donedeal that was added a few days ago. Looks very well taken care of and it's 265brake! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

That's on my Christmas wishlist after my current one blew up after about three years of abuse :) Different brand too!

A woman that actually does wish for white kitchen appliances!?
    stereotypes.jpg

Indeed it's that one. There's also a nice black s3 for sale lightning on donedeal that was added a few days ago. Looks very well taken care of and it's 265brake! :pac:

The one I linked to looks good, low enough mileage too.

Anything on the service history? Can't see it mentioned in the ad, but definitely worth a call.

Not a bad price either imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

What's that when it's at home??

Eco Pro setting, or is that a new thing ?

Matt Simis wrote: »
    A woman that actually does wish for white kitchen appliances!?

Ah now stereotypes would have me wanting it pink no? Colour wise I couldn't give a crap, it's going to live in a drawer apart from when I'm using it.

For information, any kitchen appliances on display are red :)

I was more interested in the functionality, I do like to cook and was browsing different options. :)

The Argos own brand stuff comes up well in reviews against other stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Eco Pro setting, or is that a new thing ?

I would imagine it's a new thing to reduce emissions, mine is full-blown 6 cylinder all the time :D

I would imagine it's a new thing to reduce emissions, mine is full-blown 6 cylinder all the time :D

Had your Dublin brother beside me at lights on the Malahide Road today. Same colour and everything.

The one I linked to looks good, low enough mileage too.

Anything on the service history? Can't see it mentioned in the ad, but definitely worth a call.

Not a bad price either imo.

My thoughts entirely :) how are those books lookin? :o

My thoughts entirely :) how are those books lookin? :o

Due to be sorted over the next few weeks :)

• Advertisement

Legend beour :pac: thank you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

RoverJames wrote: »
    Mine wasn't too bad....

Coolant 2l OAT late Nov 13
    Dec 2011 Wiper Blades 22.5
    Jan 2012 10w40 diesel 97,600 miles 22.39
    Coolant 2l OAT Feb 13.5
    Gallon OAT May 24
    Osram Nighbreakers 17.35
    10w40 June 101800 20
    Part worn fronts.... 102126 140
    NCT July 103000 55
    Coolant 104000 30
    Pirelli 104000 175
    Stat and housing 104000 60
    Labour Sep '12 150
    Tail light bulbs 2

Lots of coolant before the stat housing finally calved and I paid to have it replaced, first time in a few years paying having to pay for labour but couldn't tackle it myself as I had an incident with a petrol hedge cutters during the summer and a fingy or too weren't the best.

Also had an incident in the car where I burst a front tyre, escaped with only that damage though, that €175 and the stat housing accounted for €385 of the €745 maintenance.

Add in a grand for tax and €350 iirc for insurance and it's not too bad of a total, €2095 :)

Have a gallon of Mobil 1 and an oil filter to throw in sometime soon and need two tyres shortly but that's be in 2013 :)

My yoke is less than pristine though and there's no way I'd throw €3000 maintenance into it in a year as it's worth feck all.

(happy to throw €4000/annum into the petrol cap though)

I thought you drove a petrol.... :confused: Do correct me otherwise :)

Maintainance costs? Oh dear...

Tax + insurance is about €1400 to begin with
    Fuel about €2000

So €3400 before I get to basic maintainance.... :mad:

Approx 15k miles a year :)

Oil + filter every 6k miles £17
    Pads £30
    DOT 4 fluid 2 litres approx £8
    5 litre 5 year coolant £16
    Aero wipers £22
    Dexron 2 £5
    SX 75 synth 5 litres £18

So £133 on basic servicing :(

The random bits...
    Generic box of bits 1 £60
    Timing belt kit £70
    Clutch kit £120
    Interior £120
    Hubs complete £40
    Generic box of bits 2 £20
    Wheels £30
    Track rods £10
    Ball Joints £16
    Drop links front £12
    Drop links rear £20
    Link rods rear £20
    Generic box of bits 3 £40

Tots up to £578

With basic servicing its £711

Converted approx €882 this year alone.....

Added with earliers standard costs equals €4282 for this year :o

On the plus side, next year I won't have the rebuilding costs and insurance should be cheaper too :D

The blue van didn't cost as much to run for the year, but wasn't too far behind....

Outside of petrol/insurance/tax mine has cost me approx €2200 this past year to get it up to spec.

Expecting that next year routine maintenance, petrol and insurance will cost about 4000. Insurance 399, tax, 660, petrol 2000, maintenance/servicing/nct 900.

So 330 per month.

For that I get hassle free driving, no restrictions on busses etc.

dgt wrote: »
    I thought you drove a petrol.... :confused: Do correct me otherwise :)...........

You are correct sir :)
    A lash of diesel engine oil of the correct spec does wonders for a stuck tappet :)
    Great alternative to an engine flush imo and not as aggressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Did anyone post a link to the totally unbiased (* funded by Renault) Carculator site yet? It takes a guess at your yearly costs:

http://carculator.ie/#!home
    Screenshotfrom2012-12-05230201.png

Just think I could save money and eek out an existance as a 89bhp Renault driver all in one go!

Just think I could save money and eek out an existance as a 89bhp Renault driver all in one go!

Those 1.5s in that bhp guise are p1ss poor in a Fluence, decent mpg though no doubt.
    They don't seem to be including depreciation in their smelly calculator.

Haha, your mileage must inflate that cost to run quite a bit! :D

€2,612 for my carculated costs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

lol.jpg

Not sure what you bumped that figure up with Matt!
    Renault also reckon I should change my timing belt, must get right on that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Did anyone post a link to the totally unbiased (* funded by Renault) Carculator site yet? It takes a guess at your yearly costs:

http://carculator.ie/#!home
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g136/mattsimis/hosted/Screenshotfrom2012-12-05230201.png

Hmm.... Let's see :D

Well, lets start with the hack
    aa.jpg

Not far off.... But no. Never :p

I tried the E34. Interesting the way the mechanical faults went down 300% and the fuel strangely went down.... Come on!!!

ac.jpg

I'll give them unbiased :D:D:D
    ab.png

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement