Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

lol.jpg

Not sure what you bumped that figure up with Matt!
    Renault also reckon I should change my timing belt, must get right on that.

Mileage!
    Lol at Timing Belt, Renault at the top of their game regarding competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

If you factored in depreciation, the costs would be the same I reckon.

Also note the first box is "to run" and the second is "to buy". :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

This is actually quite fun.... :p

Petrol Mercedes? Yes please :D
    ag.jpg

Unspecified petrol FTW!!!
    af.jpg

What use is a Megane in comparison to the Daily????!!!!
    ad.jpg

It seems the 574 is very economical
    ae.jpg

So a 36 year old tractor is more efficient than a new Megane. Sweet :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Be great if they could tell me where to get 4 new tyres for €300, considering that's the price of 2 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

OH jesus look at this!

carculator

1998 1.3 starlet dong 6-15k kms per year

jqkppe.jpg

300 in tyres
    950 in routine servicing
    300 on "additional mechanical faults"
    155 on the NCT. ("although the test is only €55, we estimate your car will also need €100 in repairs to get through the test)

so thats 100+300+950+300... 1650 on general maintainance of a starlet per year?

****ing LOL at that. i may rush out and spend 20k on a new megane to save 1000 a year in running costs. cheers for the laugh yet again renno.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

dont suppose anyone is an expert at audacity programme here na? stupid assignment :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Been a good few years since I played around with that. What's the assignment?

clean up a jfk speech in berlin. its not even that hard to do id say its just that our lecturer hasnt told us how to do anything in audacity. im relying on noise removal solely but its shaggin' up the voice

I'm a plumber again for the day. Normal service resumes later :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

You'd want to look at using different filters and what not. Try and play around with the sound wave and see if you can figure out where the most noise is, the noise you don't want obviously. :)

Then look at using a High/Low or Band pass filters to remove it as best you can. Also think of it from the other way, forget about removing the noise and maybe focus on boosting the speech audio first. Make that as clear as possible then go after unwanted noise reduction. You might find it easier doing that, even though initially the noise on the recording might increase along with the speech etc... Might be easier to then isolate it. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Both have black leather,climate and Quattro. Power is something I like and since its the same engine tax isn't an issue. Think I will just have to smash the piggy bank and go for it.

News flashmod admits to being power hungry....:D

was gonna leave my hids in after my friends uncle whos an nct tester saying theyre ok once aligned but now i read this
    "HID headlamps must be installed as a complete type-approved system. The system will include automatic
    cleaning. HID headlamps can be recognised by:
    a) the light having a bluish tinge,
    b) the light taking a few seconds to reach full intensity,
    c) the headlamp having an igniter module/inverter behind the headlamp,
    d) the headlamp having ”DC” (for HID dipped beam), “DR” (for HID main beam), or “DCR” (if both are HID)
    marked on the lens. This marking should be visible from the exterior of the vehicle but in some cases
    the markings may be hidden under the bonnet and this may need opening to obtain a clear view."

bollocks :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Swapped the two front tyres for good new ones this week, the handling difference is staggering. Also found out that one of the old ones had a deep cut in the sidewall, we were lucky it didn't blow at speed. Well worth the effort with axle stands etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

http://carculator.ie/#!versus
    http://carculator.ie/#!figures

Also Boxador puppy got a hold of another wax/polishing pad, 4th one he had torn to shreds, (Sigh)

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

So my civic costs €4000 per year to run.

Routine servicing is €950 per year on my civic apparently and €110 on a renault.
    My car will use €400 worth of tyres too and Renaults don't use tyres.

What a load of rubbish.

(Jag works out at €6000)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Did you keep the Jaaaag Colm or do you still have it?

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Did you keep the Jaaaag Colm or do you still have it?

Both.

Must put it on dungdeal

What quality pictures in this ad...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭FridaysWell

Hahahaha almost 3 grand to run a 1.0L Polo :pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

dgt wrote: »
    What quality pictures in this ad...
    He is dreaming if he thinks he can get 7 grand for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

It tells me tyres are under 500 for a set. I can get 2 for about that. That means going to a basic Megane and save 400 a year!

I'd rather stick my sack in the microwave.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

I've done a few searches on this online but can't really find anything.

but retro fitting a Sun roof to a cr-v ? Honda oe parts. where to get it done and how much ?

I was thinking of asking Honda but that would be rather expensive so I thought id see if there's anything around.

but retro fitting a Sun roof to a cr-v ? Honda oe parts. where to get it done and how much ?

I was thinking of asking Honda but that would be rather expensive so I thought id see if there's anything around.

You'd need a different roof.

The likes of cartronics in santry could do a really OE looking roof, but it'd probably cost more than the car did.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

colm_mcm wrote: »

You'd need a different roof.

The likes of cartronics in santry could do a really OE looking roof, but it'd probably cost more than the car did.

it couldn't be a case of chopping out the hole and throwing some wires and seals in ?

I would've thought the roofs would be more or less the same whichever

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

I've looked into this on my car. I'll do some digging to find the company name but it was 1200 for a Mondeo. There was a more basic roof but this one was bigger. I'll check when I'm back at the laptop, but the company sounded very professional. It depends on the beams in the roof.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Why on earth would you want to is what I'm wondering?

Why on earth would you want to is what I'm wondering?

+1

I'd have loved a 406 without a sunroof. Eats headroom and caused my electrical nightmare

it couldn't be a case of chopping out the hole and throwing some wires and seals in ?

I would've thought the roofs would be more or less the same whichever

No,

Look at this pic.

imagerja.jpg

See how the metalwork goes down all the way around the sunroof, aftermarket roofs have a rubber seal that sits proud of the roof.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

http://carculator.ie/#!versus
    http://carculator.ie/#!figures

Also Boxador puppy got a hold of another wax/polishing pad, 4th one he had torn to shreds, (Sigh)

Apparently it costs 5k to run my 1.3cdti Astra I think it's out a bit. More like a lot. It also says that I will probably need to change my timming belt I hope not since the Astra has a timming chain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Dartz

Suspension crunch gets worse the colder it gets.

Probably some bushings or seals on the ARB just don't like the cold and get stiff (Or frost has gotten in)

No big deal really, just noisy, and embarrassing when everyone looks for the source of the noise. Believe me, it is loud enough to make pedestrians stare. Otherwise, it seems harmless. Handling's 'normal'. It's been like it for a while with no problems

I mean seriously, whoever heard of cold-hardened rubber seals killing anyone?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement