Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

colm_mcm wrote: »
    No,

Look at this pic.

imagerja.jpg

See how the metalwork goes down all the way around the sunroof, aftermarket roofs have a rubber seal that sits proud of the roof.

yeah i see the point there.

head room wouldnt be a problem in this yoke tbh :pac:

and i dont think i'd bother with an after market one just because its not OE.

ah sure, never mind so :)

the only thing going on in my head now is christmas party tonight with free food and drink til morning :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

yeah i see the point there.

head room wouldnt be a problem in this yoke tbh :pac:

and i dont think i'd bother with an after market one just because its not OE.

ah sure, never mind so :)

the only thing going on in my head now is christmas party tonight with free food and drink til morning :D:D:D

I think Marlow retro fitted a sunroof to a golf. So he might be able to give you guidance. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Diesel for 1.46 in Birr. I am wary. Afraid to chance it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

a petrol station with cheap diesel down my way, it's mixed with a little green dye. So little apparently its legal. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

If its the one on the left on the way into birr from roscrea its fine, I get all my diesel there( and the owner is a friend of mine). The one on the right is ok too, the second one on the right AVOID! All the others are fine but normally a couple of pence dearer.

Diesel has been well cheap in birr for a long time now. Actual competition at work ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Ronnie Beck

Got some for 149.9 here in galway last week. Every where else is 154.9 or so. Definitely noticed the difference. Very slugish. Ran it down till the light came on and filled up in esso after. It felt like a new van. I don't know if it deos any harm but it's definitely not the same. I reckon you'll at least make up the savings in mpg lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

I've looked into this on my car. I'll do some digging to find the company name but it was 1200 for a Mondeo. There was a more basic roof but this one was bigger. I'll check when I'm back at the laptop, but the company sounded very professional. It depends on the beams in the roof.

Tis Autoglaze - http://www.autoglaze.ie/sunroofs.htm authorised agent for Webasto.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Birr has always been cheap for petrol and diesel for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

R.O.R wrote: »
    Tis Autoglaze - http://www.autoglaze.ie/sunroofs.htm authorised agent for Webasto.

That's the one!

anyone else just get an e-mail from micksgarage for the dash cam.

the image for the youtube video looks overly familiar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Corrib Fuels looking after the locals?

pred racer wrote: »
    If its the one on the left on the way into birr from roscrea its fine, I get all my diesel there( and the owner is a friend of mine). The one on the right is ok too, the second one on the right AVOID! All the others are fine but normally a couple of pence dearer.

Diesel has been well cheap in birr for a long time now. Actual competition at work ;)
    The place charging 146 has been closed down for a very long time and looks to have only opened up again recently. The other 2 are both on 149 so I got some there. The next town is Roscrea where the cheapest is 156.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Got some for 149.9 here in galway last week. Every where else is 154.9 or so. Definitely noticed the difference. Very slugish. Ran it down till the light came on and filled up in esso after. It felt like a new van. I don't know if it deos any harm but it's definitely not the same. I reckon you'll at least make up the savings in mpg lost.

Ballindine is always usually 4-5c cheaper than most places. Always fill up there when I'm passing through. Best part is there's only two garages, Texaco and Topaz, on oppisite ends of the town. Both have to match prices :D

Guess there's just a few places that can afford to be cheaper.

Went down to have a quick look at the car my father has ordered for Jan delivery. Really shows how far the Koreans gave come in a very short time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,251 ✭✭✭ongarite

Went down to have a quick look at the car my father has ordered for Jan delivery. Really shows how far the Koreans gave come in a very short time.
    Gravity defying cars?

just walking around and saw another 'your looking well guard" tax disk holder on a micra with an l plate above it :D

also saw 3 garda bating it around the other night in a marked car all with Santa hats :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Was this at the garage on the right just before you hit the curragh line ? Or the card operated one in Claregalway

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

All they have to do now is redesign that horrendous grille.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Ronnie Beck

the garage on the right just before you hit the curragh line

This one. How do you find it?

I used to get petrol there before it shut down. Seemed alright. The TDI seems more fussy or it's at least more noticeable. Normally get it in the ESSO at the race course dual carraigeway. Seems to be the best diesel price and quality wise around town.
    Challengmaster
    Ballindine is always usually 4-5c cheaper than most places. Always fill up there when I'm passing through. Best part is there's only two garages, Texaco and Topaz, on oppisite ends of the town. Both have to match prices

Don't be out them roads much anymore but I used to get fuel there all the time. I pass through Ennis quite a bit. The texaco and esso on the Ennistymon road are very good. Usually 6c cheaper than Galway city. Is it the dearest place for fuel in Ireland? It was ridiculous there for a while.

All they have to do now is redesign that horrendous grille.

I actually like that, kind of flows with the rest of the design. The heated steering wheel was a pointless novelty, but the self parking system was cool.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

OSI wrote: »

Wow. If I bought a new Golf/Polo/Focus/Astra etc, I'd be pretty pissed.
    An entry level premium brand (I use that term very loosely) is ways going to be a case of paying for the badge. All you have to do is look at the overpriced ****e that BMW and VW pumped out, 316 compact anybody? Not to mention the baseline Golf.

If you want a nice car to go from a to b then Korean is the job. 7 year warranty too so they must be confident in their reliability

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

I actually like that, kind of flows with the rest of the design. The heated steering wheel was a pointless novelty, but the self parking system was cool.

I still hate it and it's a pity because I like everything about the rest of the car.

It's a good thing no one listens to me though :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Some asshat in my estate keeps messing with my KA. Tempted to set up a web-cam to capture the person.
    What are they doing to it? Is it at least funny?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

One of the teachers in school had a seicento that would mysteriously move parking spaces during the day :D

I got suspended the year of my leaving cert for doing that......that teacher was a cnut anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Quick one lads, doesn't really warrant a new thread and is a bit of a taboo subject.

One of my dipped headlights just popped when I turned on lights. No spare bulb and I don't have time to pick one up and change as I've a meeting shortly.

Am I better going cyclops or using parking lights along with fogs?
    Who'd you rather meet oncoming?

PS drive is all suburban and well lit apart for a few miles.

The place charging 146 has been closed down for a very long time and looks to have only opened up again recently. The other 2 are both on 149 so I got some there. The next town is Roscrea where the cheapest is 156.

Was it closer to birr than the other 2 or past them?
    If closer to town, that place has been closed down twice by customs, if further out (only 200 mtrs) then you would have been grand. The owner is a friend of my fathers. Cash only and cheaper than normal, all of the things you would normally avoid, but its grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

I wouldn't do anything to piss them off just in case, better off with a discreet camera me thinks.
    Any news on the TT?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Put the high beam bulb in the normal beam holder?

Different connections unfortunately.

I still hate it and it's a pity because I like everything about the rest of the car.

It's a good thing no one listens to me though :pac:

Pardon?
    I could have sworn somebody said something just there! :D:pac:

• Advertisement

pred racer wrote: »
    Was it closer to birr than the other 2 or past them?
    If closer to town, that place has been closed down twice by customs, if further out (only 200 mtrs) then you would have been grand. The owner is a friend of my fathers. Cash only and cheaper than normal, all of the things you would normally avoid, but its grand!
    Right once you go through the roundabout coming from the Roscrea (Tesco is to the left) side there are 2 almost across the road from each other. Now another 200m further on is the doubtful one which has formula 1 markings on it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement