Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

indeed lol

i havent a clue what bulbs the cr-v uses yet myself tbh, didnt change any yet unless the garage did them. was thinking that with the cr-v that it might no be best to do them like that because they are a bit high up too,

the civic uses H7's and H1's for high beams and 501s for side lights.
    Are you keeping both cars?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

langdang wrote: »
    Are you keeping both cars?

Em........ yeah :)

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭BillJ

Personally, I wouldn't do HID (guessing that's what you mean by Xeon) without projector headlights and definitely not if its H4 bulbs you have. Crv mk1 was h4. Dunno bout mk2. That's just me like...

Langdang can you explain why you wouldnt go for HID if the car uses H4 bulbs? And what are projector headlights?

I presume it's something to do with dazzling oncoming drivers.
    Really want to change my lights to bright white aswell but not sure now

It's a 01 facelift corolla, anyone know if it would be ok to do it on this car if lights were focused properly etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Dartz

One thing that's been bothering the office lately...

Is it possible to fail a breathalyser test, without having had any alcohol taken?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Em........ yeah :)

Plenty of money in pizzas, eh? ;)

• Advertisement

Dartz wrote: »
    One thing that's been bothering the office lately...

Is it possible to fail a breathalyser test, without having had any alcohol taken?

http://www.proteinpower.com/drmike/uncategorized/low-carbers-beware-the-breathalyzer/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Didn't get a continental....got an eagle f1 :D

MCMLXXV wrote: »

Plenty of money in pizzas, eh? ;)

depends how good you are at it...

know the area and shortcuts etc. plus good customer service.

e.g I make a lot more and I mean a lot more money than the non Irish.

except the Spanish guy. he knows everything... he was actually looking for a decent driver to do his Indian take away for him and picked me ! :D

so I actually do Indian take away and pizza and still have Sundays off and make good money :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Jebus, 20yoyo? :eek:

€19.99 for Tesco branded tape converter, I was ripping you off 1 cent :p

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭guttenberg

Aswell as that, mouthwash and some medicines could also see you over the limit.

• Advertisement

guttenberg wrote: »
    Aswell as that, mouthwash and some medicines could also see you over the limit.

Well there's alcohol in most mouthwasheses but you would probably want to swallow a case of the stuff to send you over the limit. ;)

Well there's alcohol in most mouthwasheses but you would probably want to swallow a case of the stuff to send you over the limit. ;)

I worked this out with a friend when I bought non alcoholic kopparberg in the shop.

it actually contains 0.05 percent alcohol

butility you would have to drink between 80 and 90 bottles of it within an hour to actually put you anywhere near 1 unit.

500ml bottles.

I think it's close enough

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

Mouthwash will put you over the limit it'll be on your breath!

I know a diabetic who blew over the limit but doesn't drink due to his diabetes don't know how true that is, but was just one of their non interesting stories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Probably done to death... Anyone else think the smell from modern diesel exhausts is rancid? Guessing it's to do with ad blue etc.

A b6 passat drove my me, smelt of hot urinal cake :(

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ants09

coolisin wrote: »

I know a diabetic who blew over the limit but doesn't drink due to his diabetes don't know how true that is, but was just one of their non interesting stories.

Who ever told you that about diabetic etc is pulling your leg tbh.

If the diabetic has high blood sugar then there breath can smell a bit like if you were drinking but wouldnt put you over if you got breathalised as no alco in the system

butility

Sorry, what? :eek:
    coolisin wrote: »

Surely if you use mouthwash your breath will smell minty not of alcohol. It better had, other wise I'm wasting me time every Monday morning. :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Sorry, what? :eek:

Surely if you use mouthwash your breath will smell minty not of alcohol. It better had, other wise I'm wasting me time every Monday morning. :D

Just on a Monday morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

dgt wrote: »
    Probably done to death... Anyone else think the smell from modern diesel exhausts is rancid? Guessing it's to do with ad blue etc.

A b6 passat drove my me, smelt of hot urinal cake :(

Adblue isn't in them yet? At least not until next year.

Also I have never notcied - dont usually go around sniffing exhaust pipes.

So on this LPG thing again, I had a look at the figures.

I do roughly 10k kms per annum, mostly urban. At 17.2 l/100km on a 735 @ €1.65/litre that's €2838 a year in fuel plus €1638 (60% of my fuel costs) on tax totaling €4521 for the year.

Change that to LPG @ €0.80/litre and bump consumption by 10% to 18.9l/100km that works out at €1512 in fuel plus €1638 in tax totaling €3195. Add maybe €300 in petrol for the year and I've saved a grand! :eek:

Am I doing it right? And it doesn't sound ghey or anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Oh jesus christ MCM, will ya laayv ih ouh!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Especially when you know inhaling will give you cancer... just like smoking. ;)

Also for drink driving fails... Fishermans Friends sweets!

http://emergentchaos.com/archives/2005/09/fishermens-friend-breathalyzers.html

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Adblue isn't in them yet? At least not until next year.

Interesting vision there :D Dgt, how' you manage to poison yourself with exhaust fumes?

Stheno wrote: »
    Interesting vision there :D Dgt, how' you manage to poison yourself with exhaust fumes?

4587744624_b5736a790c_z.jpg

^^^That wasn't meant to be funny BTW. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

So on this LPG thing again, I had a look at the figures.

I do roughly 10k kms per annum, mostly urban. At 17.2 l/100km on a 735 @ €1.65/litre that's €2838 a year in fuel plus €1638 (60% of my fuel costs) on tax totaling €4521 for the year.

Change that to LPG @ €0.80/litre and bump consumption by 10% to 18.9l/100km that works out at €1512 in fuel plus €1638 in tax totaling €3195. Add maybe €300 in petrol for the year and I've saved a grand! :eek:

Am I doing it right? And it doesn't sound ghey or anything?
    You can use my calc, just put in LPG type costs and consumption in the "BioDiesel" sections. Currency symbol doesnt matter.

http://fuel.netcessible.com/FuelEuro/FuelEuro.htm

Other metrics:
    http://fuel.netcessible.com/

Using that calc and your figures (approx 10k per year and your consumption), yearly costs

Petrol EUR2847
    Diesel EUR1252 (assuming 8l/100km diesel car was bought)
    LPG EUR1525 (in your 735i at 19l/100km).

The weener diesel would cost 44% to run, your existing car on LPG would cost 53.9% (plus whatever for petrol to start on).. Now imagine you had a real mans commute! :D

*Bear in mind LPG install on a V8 is around EUR1500 to 1600, initial once off fee.
    Audibly LPG sounds like a smoother running version of the same engine on petrol. So basically the same, just "smoother".

PS: Lol did $$ costs win you over in the end? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Jebus, 20yoyo? :eek:

Only about 2/3 quid on eBay I'd say

There's not a great note off the V8 E38/9's in comparison to the E32/34's anyhow.

Tis food for thought anyhow............

^^^That wasn't meant to be funny BTW. :(

Didn't take it as funny at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Text the 750 guy with an offer, didn't deliver, id say he's already emigrated. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Text the 750 guy with an offer, didn't deliver, id say he's already emigrated. :(

He was one of the Octane 6 that bought it in the cartel right? Some of them might know (if only the stupid site wasnt dead). Maybe call the number and see.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement