Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Looks like your car has genital warts ! :pac:
    Some "beading" from lastnight...

3URry.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

MugMugs wrote: »
    Looks like your car has genital warts ! :pac:

And you know what they look like from experience, eh Mugs? :pac:

And you know what they look like from experience, eh Mugs? :pac:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSeKlKeHd2OFdioFLUAEA6Gw1jWxsKcsnhbtq-m530GOUqvHNzjOCbuNFjeQQ

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

SIMI registered main dealer trying on the "sold as seen" guff with one of its own dealer cars. What a crappy attitude...

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Volkswagen/Passat/COMFORTL/32113528187157220/advert?channel=CARS

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I wonder what's wrong with it.
    Great deal if it's not much but you'd probably spend that again on fixing what ever's wrong the way it seems.

• Advertisement

End of year......... 2.0 Litre petrol..... Would probably find it hard to give away

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Yeah, just checked the prices of others now, not so much a great deal.
    Expected them to be a bit dearer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Just had quite the haul. Went down to a lad to buy a set of 16" teledials and ended up getting 6 of those and a spare 17" selespeed thrown in too! So now I have a full set of 5 decent 16" and 17" rims. Just need to decide on what I'm doing regarding tyres now. Probably going to run the 16's due to the ****e roads alright though!

Redisle wrote: »
    ............ Probably going to run the 16's due to the ****e roads alright though!

The roads aren't that bad around Cork to be fair :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

RoverJames wrote: »
    The roads aren't that bad around Cork to be fair :)

Do you mean Cork city?

• Advertisement

Stheno wrote: »
    Do you mean Cork city?

Not just Cork City, most of the city suburbs and outbound areas too.

I'm rolling around on 225 45 18s with no issues due to roads :)

.... and RedIsle lives not too far away from me apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

I mean backroads really. Some of the roads out near me get very bad this time of the year and rarely get fixed. I agree that generally the main roads are in pretty good condition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Was in kerry at the weekend, 205 70 15's were taking a pounding. Balljoint screeching at low speeds since. Grrr.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

.... and RedIsle lives not too far away from me apparently.

Ah I was thinking of one of the sideroads on the way from Killeagh to Middleton.

There is a big sign out on the dual carriageway pointing up it saying "worst road in Ireland" I've not checked it out, but I've had a few experiences of not great roads down there, think the first time I went to Little Island they were doing some sort of roadworks and the road was in bits.

Cork itself is grand. (apart from the lunatic pedestrians on Patrick St)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

Ah I was thinking of one of the sideroads on the way from Killeagh to Middleton.

There is a big sign out on the dual carriageway pointing up it saying "worst road in Ireland" I've not checked it out, but I've had a few experiences of not great roads down there, think the first time I went to Little Island they were doing some sort of roadworks and the road was in bits.

Cork itself is grand. (apart from the people that live there

Fyp ;)

Btw, did I mention I'm on holidays:D

pred racer wrote: »
    Fyp ;)

Btw, did I mention I'm on holidays:D

Can I please make it clear that pred is obviously on drugs, and wrote that post in error?

And yes, pred, we know you're on holidays :D

I've been off work for weeks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Can I please make it clear that pred is obviously on drugs, and wrote that post in error?

How the Alfa going? I seen a very dirty 156 today, not washed at all, faded Alfa badges, broken side skirts and filthy alloys.

I was going to take a pic of it and post it here for 166man, but then I decided I better not.. :cool:

You sure it wasn't a 159? Sounds like a regular description of pred's car :pac:

BURN!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

His has strange tiger scratches all over it.. speed enhancing vortex generators he said.

• Advertisement

How the Alfa going? I seen a very dirty 156 today, not washed at all, faded Alfa badges, broken side skirts and filthy alloys.

I was going to take a pic of it and post it here for 166man, but then I decided I better not.. :cool:

Grand, need to replace a ball joint to pass the NCT then she's off in for work on the body :)

OH has nicked it as I can't drive at the moment and despite him telling me last year to get a "reliable" car, he seems to like it, and uses it more than his at the moment, it's sitting outside unloved!

/snigger :D

That said I'm missing my front badge, it disappeared overnight one weekend :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

Not on drugs, just drunk ;) you have no idea of the effort involved to type that message!

Oi!
    BURN!!! :eek:

Indeed:pac:
    Matt Simis wrote: »
    His has strange tiger scratches all over it.. speed enhancing vortex generators he said.

And its so dirty at the moment, I like to think of it as vortex stealth mode:D

/snigger :D

(

Last time I post on Boards after going to dinner with my boss:D

Now off to facebook, to see what ****e I posted there:o

Btw, did I mention I'm on holidays :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Saw a facelift 166 yesterday, lovely leather seats. Covered in muck, dings and cat pawprints. I thought the same as you!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Car failed nct for a crack on the front left tyre. Visual retest needed, not too bad. Trying to get tyre in the size I need is a pain though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Following preds footsteps.

Even getting the car turned black :pac::pac::pac:
    Image2448.jpg

That isn't muck btw.... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Well I was hoping to change to rest of the engine mounts today. The crowd fuxed up the order so will have to wait another 2-3 days as a result. A technical glitch was the excuse. :rolleyes:.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Hppy birthday dgt ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Is that a photo of what came out of your EGR? :P

• Advertisement

Happy birthday dgt, Treat yourself to another nice car. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement