Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

dgt wrote: »
    Following preds footsteps.

Even getting the car turned black :pac::pac::pac:
    Image2448.jpg

That isn't muck btw.... :eek:

Yours is blacker than mine at the moment:D

My 406 and my xantia were navy, so the soot didnt show!

Arrived home from Paris,
    Stopped for my shopping in Birr, and found my uncle had filled up my boot with rubbish, the wanker. I wouldnt mind but Id just given him a 1L bottle of whiskey fir christmas:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Got the u-tag package in the post today. Interesting to see how it pans out.

Fizman wrote: »
    Got the u-tag package in the post today. Interesting to see how it pans out.

Ill be interested to see if its any good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Okay a question for ye.

Behind a car we come to a y (with a stop sign) road in a small town, car turns left doesn't indicate. :rolleyes:
    Then the the car brakes suddenly, and turns into a parking space on the side of the road. doesn't indicate for a second time. Now "IF" I crashed into the back of the car the second time it didn't indicate. Who would be at fault? (I presume it would be my word against theirs situation, about not indicating.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Okay a question for ye.

Behind a car we come to a y (with a stop sign) road in a small town, car turns left doesn't indicate. :rolleyes:
    Then the the car brakes suddenly, and turns into a parking space on the side of the road. doesn't indicate for a second time. Now "IF" I crashed into the back of the car the second time it didn't indicate. Who would be at fault? (I presume it would be my word against theirs situation, about not indicating.)

Sadly it would be your fault :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Okay a question for ye.

You should be keeping your distance from the car in front.

Sadly it would be your fault :(
    You should be keeping your distance from the car in front.

Ah right, thanks lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Yup, your fault. Even if you are stuck in traffic on an incline and the car in front rolls backwards into your car when they are trying to take off again, it's still your fault for not keeping your distance even though you didn't budge.

Yup, your fault. Even if you are stuck in traffic on an incline and the car in front rolls backwards into your car when they are trying to take off again, it's still your fault for not keeping your distance even though you didn't budge.

Oh jaysus! I never knew that.. That's wild. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

even if youre back as far so that you can see their tyres and some tarmac?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

even if youre back as far so that you can see their tyres and some tarmac?

Generally that would give them enough room to get up and go without hitting you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

got the exact fit carpets into the jeep. very impressed.

they actually fit and are very nice.

old aldi piece of crap mats now in the Mcdonalds bin !

Where did you purchase?

These mats?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Okay a question for ye.

As already said, tis your fault in that case. Indicators have no legal standpoint, so it doesn't matter if they do or don't indicate - it will never affect the decision of who's in the wrong. Keep back and expect people to do stupid things.

Eh.... no. Dunno where you heard that, but the car moving is the car responsible. It'd be the exact same as if you reversed into a parked car.

not quite those mats lad..... these were blue and ****. .. holes and all lad.

bought from tailored carmats UK... someone know here mentioned them so went with it. fairy happy

Nice photoshop skills..:pac:
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4140852
    View2-15437082.jpeg

not quite those mats lad..... these were blue and ****. .. holes and all lad.

bought from tailored carmats UK... someone know here mentioned them so went with it. fairy happy

Just ordered some aswell:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Generally that would give them enough room to get up and go without hitting you.

Sorry I was thinking if they rolled back without noticing in traffic

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Going to look at a TT on Saturday. Found a nice silver one with black leather, FSH,225bhp and its only two mins from my house.

what is the law when you buying a car? The one that is just few miles away is 99% rubbish. almost always you got to go to another side of the damn island to buy something decent. and that does not matter where you start! :pac:

• Advertisement

what is the law when you buying a car? The one that is just few miles away is 99% rubbish. almost always you got to go to another side of the damn island to buy something decent. and that does not matter where you start! :pac:

Well there is only one scooby in the whole world with no spoiler, so your experiences dont count :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Dartz

Hehehe...

Coming oiff the M1 onto the M50, from the Port Tunnel. There's a big long left to shoot straight down the M50. ...

Went in at the speed limit...

Didn't come out doing the speed limit.

It may have been little more than a Renault MPV, but I swear the Scenic was giggling. I was. Five seconds of fun. You'd get bored and fall asleep if you didn't find quick ways to amuse yourself from time to time....

The settle back into traffic and hope nobody saw you.

pred racer wrote: »

Just ordered some aswell:)

I picked the cheapest option but the quality is very nice.

I only regret not ordering a set for the civic at the same time.

I picked the cheapest option but the quality is very nice.

I only regret not ordering a set for the civic at the same time.

Me too, mine get wrecked, (kids, work boots covered in ****e etc). Once they fit well ill be happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

EXAMS ARE OVER!

:p

30410179.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Exams still ain't over for me, been doing them all week. Got another this evening at 6pm and one more tomorrow at 6pm too.

I have never looked forward to cleaning the car so much. It's manky inside and out, covered in pizza boxes, coke bottles and old scraps of paper! Before and after pics are a must this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Exams?

Work placement over Christmas, final report due, 2 x 2 monthly reports due, financials and finances for another college project due, another final report for project mange due (yes, mange), 2 presentations to do and an exam.

As well as much needed hubs for my car and others to strip, can't do a thing till about mid January.

Christmas is cancelled for me! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

The French lady is back.......I think I'm in love!

20121214_134053.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Exams?

Work placement over Christmas, final report due, 2 x 2 monthly reports due, financials and finances for another college project due, another final report for project mange due (yes, mange), 2 presentations to do and an exam.

As well as much needed hubs for my car and others to strip, can't do a thing till about mid January.

Christmas is cancelled for me! :(

Secretly you're chuffed you can work on the car though....:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement