Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

OSI wrote: »
    Leaving college was the best thing I ever did. F*** exams!

Been there done that, was on the dole the same time too. What a wild 2 years that was!

166man wrote: »
    Secretly you're chuffed you can work on the car though....:D

I'm rather pissed that I can't work on them sooner! :(

Project mange has to be the most counter productive and pointless subject DIT has to offer :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

No christmas exams for me thank god! Only a few prodjects, but there easy peesy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

dgt wrote: »
    I'm rather pissed that I can't work on them sooner! :(

Project mange has to be the most counter productive and pointless subject DIT has to offer :mad:

Here this will make ya feel better....

Absolutely brilliant..:D

I can't see it I'm on a phone :(

Untill I get home :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Didn't know you were a fellow dit head! My Christmas will be about as fun as yours...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Only 1 test left for me on Tuesday, then off for a month and a half :D. I am working now though so that's a lot less free time but the potential to have my own car makes me pretty happy.

Ah that video :D I've seen em all :pac:

On a sinister note, seems were under surveillance again. My mam said a silver B5 Audi A4 was parked up outside the garden, gawking at either the Merc or the Land Rover for at least 5 mins, then drove back the other way then passed again. C*nt :mad:

So anyone from the greater Navan area if you see a silver Audi A4 acting suspiciously do let me know. Earlier this year I caught a blue Caddy van attempting to rob the place as I arrived home for lunch :eek:

Why do these things happen when either myself or the madman are not at the house.... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Ronnie Beck

Why do these things happen when either myself or the madman are not at the house.... :rolleyes:

The timing of these things is not usually a coincidence. You should get yourself a good dog.

The timing of these things is not usually a coincidence. You should get yourself a good dog.

Last dog we had, German shepard, got poisoned. We have our suspicions who but can't prove a thing

There is usually someone here round the clock anyway either myself or parents.

Need more cctv cameras....

• Advertisement

Last dog we had, German shepard, got poisoned. We have our suspicions who but can't prove a thing

There is usually someone here round the clock anyway either myself or parents.

Need more cctv cameras....

Sorry to hear about your dog man. The only thing with the CCTV is that it's handy to just block out the plates on the transit and roll in with the engine off. I'm from up around your direction myself. Anyone I know with a few tools and cars about has a dog and plenty of floodlights.

We moved all the engines after the Caddy incident, all too easy to load 3 or 4 engines in the back of one of those

I suppose to anyone who doesn't know the house must think it has a lot of residents until they see the garden

Must consider a dog again and keep the cat in the house....

I was half asleep on a mates couch out near drumree one night after a few pints, when the sitting room lit up red. A transit rolled in backwards with the engine off. I sat up and could see a transit in the drive and 2/3 lads gettin out. Full of dutch courage I crawled to the back of the house and let the rottweiler out the back door and waited until they legged it, then I went outside. They had the cover half off the 200zx and the screwdriver was still stuck in the garage door. The must have seen the lads workin on the cars in the drive way. They were straight after the tools in the shed. Next morning, we went into town for bulbs for the flood light and a kennel for the dog. ****in b@stards. hate them with a passion.

We moved all the engines after the Caddy incident, all too easy to load 3 or 4 engines in the back of one of those

I suppose to anyone who doesn't know the house must think it has a lot of residents until they see the garden

Must consider a dog again and keep the cat in the house....

A German shepard or a shotgun, or both is a good idea. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

On holidays from today till January 7th :D:D:D:D

Unfortunately thats when my exams start :(

If the weather is good tomorrow the poor car will finally get a much deserved wash and a top-up coat of Extra Gloss Protection.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Just back home from work. And there's a brand new Opel Astra gtc in red outside my house. I really damn love these things :(. I did had a very sweet spot for old 3 door Astra too.

1.4t engine. 22k eu basic one :(. Ah well....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Just back home from work. And there's a brand new Opel Astra gtc in red outside my house. I really damn love these things :(. I did had a very sweet spot for old 3 door Astra too.

1.4t engine. 22k eu basic one :(. Ah well....

Who owns it??

Who owns it??

No idea. Must be someone who is visiting graveyard. Looks really really lovely. Even if it is dirty with this crappy weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

I've never liked the look of the Astra. There's just something not nice about it, I think it's the angles and lines. Even the OPC did nothing for me.

The new Astra though has softer lines and nicer curves, still not completely convinced by it, but it's a definite improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

You're such a Ford Focus Fanboi :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

You're such a Ford Focus Fanboi :P

(I don't like the Focus in general either)

The ST/RS are the only version I like, and I don't even really like the Facelift ST either. :P

anyway, i really like it. no way i can ever afford brand new one, but hey! in about 10 years i might look at it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

You're better off saving for a wing, or a real STI. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

I think the old model Astra was a fantastic design which is why I bought one of the course. A nice xterior pack 3door Astra h looks lovely. And it's the only car that ever made Jezza eat his own hair :D

CianRyan wrote: »
    You're better off saving for a wing, or a real STI. :p

About that: Subaru pulling out wrx Sti out of uk market due to lack of demand :(.

http://m.autoblog.com/2012/12/14/subaru-axes-wrx-and-sti-in-uk/?utm_source=affinityvehiclegroup

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

was getting quotes for 225 tts for 1600 a few weeks ago, just threw in one there again, smae criteria...gone down to 1000! :eek:

was getting quotes for 225 tts for 1600 a few weeks ago, just threw in one there again, smae criteria...gone down to 1000! :eek:

Ya, I got a quote the other day, The woman on the phone said that quotes often vary every 30 days. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

picked up a nice little yaris for mam to drive around in today. she literally only dies around 50 miles a week.

2000, navy blue, 112k miles, full toyota service history to 100k, literally passed the NCT yesterday. very happy with it, only real problems are the headlights need a good buff and the radio doesn't seem to tune in for some reason, nothing a bit of TLC wont cure :)

Anyone spot me this evening? Went for a drive round north Meath, backroads and main roads as per norm :)

Nowhere specific just a drive listening to Creedance :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I didn't spot you but I did spot a lovely big scratch and a smashed fog lamp when returning to my car in town. :mad:
    Only after having the other one fixed and all. :(

Luckily though(as always with me) my girlfriends dad was clearing ancient stock to be removed and came across a brand new set of fog lamps for my car a few day before hand. He's bringing them home next day he's in! :pac:
    I don't even want to think how much a new lamp, never mind a set, would cost new otherwise. OEM prices are scary. :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement