Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

CianRyan wrote: »
    I didn't spot you but I did spot a lovely big scratch and a smashed fog lamp when returning to my car in town. :mad:
    Only after having the other one fixed and all. :(

Luckily though(as always with me) my girlfriends dad was clearing ancient stock to be removed and came across a brand new set of fog lamps for my car a few day before hand. He's bringing them home next day he's in! :pac:
    I don't even want to think how much a new lamp, never mind a set, would cost new otherwise. OEM prices are scary. :o

How awful! :(

I know a chap that will be getting rid of his N15 Almera sometime early next year. Same coleur, 1.4 but a 5 door. Broken headlight and a bent bonnet would leave the car reasonable :)

Almera bits I haven't a clue but I remember seeing a price for 1 new Bluebird tail light from Clonee, 200 of your finest punts please!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

What a sin! Other than being slow and ****e on fuel they're a great car. Although I am already planning my next which can't be a good sign. :p

I just had a quick look, an Ausie site(only place I could find them) were looking for $365. Even with the exchange rate that's rough, more than I paid for the car!
    AFAIK, you only get fogs with the GTI bumper so that just makes it even more awkward.

I'll get a picture tomorrow, scrape on one side and lamp damage on the other. What the hell happened?!

That is indeed a bad sign, my first bravo was silver.... Cians fleet in no time :p no shame in it though ;)

2 sides damaged sounds like someone was jealous of your car being well kept, the worst kind of damage :(

I think I've eaten too much cake :eek:

Well it was parked in Dawson Street multi-storey, I doubt the A7 and Maserati GT owners were too jealous. Hahaha
    It's tight as hell in there, if you're not familiar with it, imagine cramming all your favourite model cars in a shoe box. My mam's car got a lovely scrape in their last year too.

Haha, my parents and neighbours will have a fit but I can see it happening once I have a decent cash flow. :p
    If nothing else, I've always wanted to restore a 240Z so I'll at least have a lump of 70's rust sitting outside the house. My mam likes cars from her youth though, be grand. :pac:
    You any closer to get the big Alfa or BMW on the road?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

AFAIK, you only get fogs with the GTI bumper so that just makes it even more awkward.

Not entirely true... there's a sport bumper on some S models that have fogs (mine had one), but I was told those were as rare as hens teeth too. Great car for what they are :)

• Advertisement

Nimble, relatively torquey and light. Be grand, doesn't make it worse that there's **** all weight over the rear axle, although I'm to concerned about not having my licence taken off me to make any use of that. :p

Rare is right, I was looking for the trim piece for the fitting when I got the car, gave up quick enough. It'd be lovely if that came with the lights, not likely though.

How much to park there? I always park in RCSI....

As for those 2 it's the lack of time to do anything with either! I do plan to use the 525 in the next few years alongside my daily driver :) the Merc gets classic tax in 2015 so that's being prepped up too :)

The Alfa needs naff all really but the cost of the parts would see prob about 1200 to put it right. Not just the price but it can be complicated to work on (plugs are fun!) I have the bits for the BMW but never the time to fit them :( the sump gasket is going to be fun too :o tis a simple car to work on though :)

To top it all off, I have an interesting prospect for my van (have the key components, shall be interesting if it works) 406 will get the attention it badly needs and I'm toying with the idea of the V8 106 even more :D

I think I've lost my marbles.... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Rare is right, I was looking for the trim piece for the fitting when I got the car, gave up quick enough. It'd be lovely if that came with the lights, not likely though.
    I've a VZR grille lying around that I took off mine before I sold it... raging I forgot to remove the splitter too, but oh well :)
    dgt wrote: »
    I think I've lost my marbles.... :(

Lad, I think you lost them long ago..... or more likely, used them to rebuild a bearing :pac:

€3 an hour but I've free passes for their and The Ilac, my dad gets them from work. :D
    Rip off otherwise to be fair, there's a reason it's full of exotica.

It'll be great to have that BM on the road at least. Beats burn outs in the grass anyway. :D
    Which engine's in the Alfa, I have it in my head that its the V6 but are the plugs awkward in those?
    V8 106 FTW!! :D Turn it into a track car, it'd be stupidly fun.

I really have to get the finger out with learning on cars.
    I've been thinking if buying something really crap that I can take apart and break then bring to the scrap yard when I'm done with it. Space is my only problem, bloody housing estates.

Lad, I think you lost them long ago..... or more likely, used them to rebuild a bearing :pac:

Are we allowed use quotes as sig's anymore? Because that was gold. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭kilianmanning

dgt wrote: »
    Anyone spot me this evening? Went for a drive round north Meath, backroads and main roads as per norm :)

Nowhere specific just a drive listening to Creedance :)
    Were you in Oldcastle?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Like a bit a creedence for a drive myself!

€3 an hour but I've free passes for their and The Ilac, my dad gets them from work. :D
    Rip off otherwise to be fair, there's a reason it's full of exotica.

It'll be great to have that BM on the road at least. Beats burn outs in the grass anyway. :D
    Which engine's in the Alfa, I have it in my head that its the V6 but are the plugs awkward in those?
    V8 106 FTW!! :D Turn it into a track car, it'd be stupidly fun.

I really have to get the finger out with learning on cars.
    I've been thinking if buying something really crap that I can take apart and break then bring to the scrap yard when I'm done with it. Space is my only problem, bloody housing estates.

Ah free passes :)

The BM is a very nice place to be! Crackin car to drive :)

2.5 V6 Alfa, I opted for a 3.0.... Meh, I'm happy with the 2.5 buuuuuut would love to shove a 3.2 under the bonnet :p

I'm always trying to measure up the engine to the car, I think it's a bit big though.... It'd be a no propshaft job :pac:

You could try a mk iv Fiesta to strip... Easy car to work on ;)
    Were you in Oldcastle?

Don't think so! Was in Drumcomdra, Nober and Mullagh :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Had a blow out on the way to work at 6 this morning, great laugh! Thank god I was only doing 60kph and 30secs from work.

OSI wrote: »
    There's a car park behind our office on Golden Lane that's supposedly €35 a week.

With college discount its about €20 a week for me :p

Dublin bus ticket was €17.20 for the 5 day rambler.... I prefer driving in :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Just put the jeep on donedeal. Jesus Christ the phone just won't stop ringing.

I wish people wanted my stuff that much!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Just put the jeep on donedeal. Jesus Christ the phone just won't stop ringing.

Tell them it's a Nitros tank in the boot for a quick sale !:pac:

I has a lad on the road right now coming from Dundalk.

can any of the jap supporters here give me the low down on the k-pro system for the k20 engine? in laymans terms if possible. does it just give launch control and allow it to rev longer?

• Advertisement

Had a blow out on the way to work at 6 this morning, great laugh! ................

... on a partworn?

That's the Rav gone on to it's new home in NI.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

That's the Rav gone on to it's new home in NI.

Good job! How long did you have it for sale?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

can any of the jap supporters here give me the low down on the k-pro system for the k20 engine? in laymans terms if possible. does it just give launch control and allow it to rev longer?

Presume you mean a full ECU?

PM Gary about it, he knows all about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

pred racer wrote: »

About 6 minutes by the looks of things..........

pred racer wrote: »
    It was published on DD at 5.29, money changed hands at 9.15.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3746382

View2-13514907.jpeg

Didn't a user on here buy this a while back? RobAMerc I think was his name... Wonder why the ad is still for sale and has just recently been re-published...

RoverJames wrote: »
    ... on a partworn?

Aye! One from when I bought the alloys though.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

166man wrote: »
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3746382

View2-13514907.jpeg

Didn't a user on here buy this a while back? RobAMerc I think was his name... Wonder why the ad is still for sale and has just recently been re-published...

Ouch, someone's busted :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4161014
    View2-15710054.jpeg

Nice, saw one of these the last day, some car for the money :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement