Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Ouch, someone's busted :P

Pictures also removed from his Flickr account.
    Not looking good. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

166man wrote: »
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3746382

View2-13514907.jpeg

Didn't a user on here buy this a while back? RobAMerc I think was his name... Wonder why the ad is still for sale and has just recently been re-published...

RobAMerc? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

RobAMerc? :eek:

Think that was his name....

CianRyan wrote: »
    Pictures also removed from his Flickr account.
    Not looking good. :p

He had a recent thread mentioning he'd taxed it for 12 months.

RoverJames wrote: »
    He had a recent thread mentioning he'd taxed it for 12 months.

This was the post but he has removed the pictures or they are unavailable or whatever that means. Hmm, it's the exact same ad and pictures tbh because I remember seeing that ad and thinking it was a fabulous motor. Beautiful spec on it.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=81656937&postcount=5016

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Found a new website, ruh roh :(

http://j-w-racing.co.uk/

A friend of mine who sells cars leaves the adds up for weeks and weeks after selling, they auto reactivate on many sites afaik, his own view is that if anyone rings him about something that's sold he'll try suss them out for a sale while he has them on the line. Not saying that's the story in this case but it might be.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

That makes a lot of sense, I'm calling custard though. :D

A friend of mine who sells cars leaves the adds up for weeks and weeks after selling, they auto reactivate on many sites afaik, his own view is that if anyone rings him about something that's sold he'll try suss them out for a sale while he has them on the line. Not saying that's the story in this case but it might be.

That could be likely, doesn't explain the pictures being removed though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

can any of the jap supporters here give me the low down on the k-pro system for the k20 engine? in laymans terms if possible. does it just give launch control and allow it to rev longer?
    Its a fully mappable ecu, launch control is just one of the add ons. Revving longer wouldn't be advisable though.

• Advertisement

That could be likely, doesn't explain the pictures being removed though.

I wasn't trying to, I think it's a tad poor form to be discussing a forum member's car ownership or otherwise tbh so I won't be making any comment on it.

I wasn't trying to, I think it's a tad poor form to be discussing a forum member's car ownership or otherwise tbh so I won't be making any comment on it.

I was just merely surprised to see it for sale again as I recognised the car, and posted as maybe the owner was not aware that the dealer still had it for sale. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Dr.Rieux

RobAMerc posted his pictures the day after there was a change of ownership and the car isn't on the dealers own website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Think that was his name....

I know ya, cool username. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

need to wash the civic ... when i got it it was red.

this morning looking at it - black.... need some serious washing today, including inside.

fecking smell of pizza and idian is disgusting ....

can really tell the difference when i jump into the cr-v that the air is so much nicer and lighter as opposed to the civic heavy, damp food smell.

will do it all in the next 3 hours....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Novice mistake, take away goes in the boot :)

Novice mistake, take away goes in the boot :)

curry in the front foot well on passenger side and heater on... less complaints :pac:

pizza in massive hot bag on back seat.... cant be arse to lift the boot open everytime tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Simoniz Car disinfectant/odor neutraliser has worked wonders for me on old neglected bangers. (farmer, dog, and damp carpet smells)
    http://www.holtsauto.com/products/item/valeting/interior-range/simoniz-car-interior-disinfectant

"No vac" works too - http://www.amazon.co.uk/1001-Carpet-Upholstery-Freshener-Gentle/dp/B004GK52ZS

I prefer the simoniz, but if the seats are kinda dirty then the no vac is handy.

Both kinda come and go from your average shops, I wouldn't go wasting petrol hunting them down but if you see them in passing they are worth a try.

• Administrators Posts: 53,844 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

To be fair, I find I have to slow considerably below 50km/h if the car is dirty (in this weather that's common) or if it's raining. I also slow below that speed to stop idiots tailing me through as has happened in the past.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I wonder is it the same person I had the misfortune to follow down the on ramp to the M7 southbound at J17? This person did no more than 50 km/h down the slip road and then came to a complete stop at the start of the merge lane. Sticks on the indicator and waits like a fool.

I had no option but I undertook her, built as much speed as possible and merged. She was still there stopped with the indicator on.

Jesus wept.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

awec wrote: »
    Was on the M7 last night and some absolute goon in front of me literally slowed to a crawl at the toll express lane.

The idea of the express lane with the e-tag is that you don't have to stop. So don't crawl to 5km/h (and braking heavily to get down to that speed) when there are no cars in front of you, the thing can read your bloody tag when you're going at 50km/h ffs.

If you are too afraid to go through it then get the feck out of the express lane. :mad:

Quick q: Can you use the e-tag in some of the other lanes?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

dgt wrote: »
    Quick q: Can you use the e-tag in some of the other lanes?

Yes, it can be slow at reading them though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

It works in all the lanes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

I've been meaning to get one for ages but the idea of having it in just 1 car puts me off as I often drive other vehicles about, not just my car...

I understand why they are one vehicle though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

I wonder is it the same person I had the misfortune to follow down the on ramp to the M7 southbound at J17? This person did no more than 50 km/h down the slip road and then came to a complete stop at the start of the merge lane. Sticks on the indicator and waits like a fool.

I had no option but I undertook her, built as much speed as possible and merged. She was still there stopped with the indicator on.

Jesus wept.
    SPEED KILLS DON'T YOU KNOW! ;-)

• Advertisement

photo doesn't show the extent of the dirt.

inside washed with turtles....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement