Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Sorry, didn't know whether this question was best here or a new thread but went with here for now!

I've recently bought a 2005 2.0T Quattro Audi A4 with 200bhp - I find it fast and enjoying it so far, I've heard though an engine remap can boost the bhp and also improve fuel efficiency - does anyone here have any thoughts on this? Are there an risks?! Oh and any recommendations as to where to do it! Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Stheno wrote: »
    What's with the custard?:confused:
    First came across "custard proof" on Barryboys, must be 10 years ago. Don't know if it originated there or some other car forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Proof of ownership. :) It also has to be Birds custard powder, not some crappy knock off.

But i wont get the car till Feb as its only on the production line now :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Autosport wrote: »
    But i wont get the car till Feb as its only on the production line now :p

That's quite alright. :) So what you getting? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

When ever I buy a new car, I won't tell anyone. No threads about what car to buy, no hints.
    I'm just going to custard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

That's quite alright. :) So what you getting? :p

A sexy little number ;) well its sexy to me Opel Astra :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Autosport wrote: »
    A sexy little number ;) well its sexy to me Opel Astra :D

Opel astra are a Nice car. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    My camera is ****e but I`ll take some tomorrow when its bright outside!

It'll be interesting to see which one you bought as I have all TTs on donedeal looked at 5times over!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

I met a garda checkpoint outside Nenagh yesterday.
    By the time I got near the front, the poor overworked plod had a rigid truck, 2 vans and 5 cars pulled over to the side of the road. He let the rest of us go:D
    He was only checking the lane going into Nenagh and it was absolutely pissing down.
    So I missed a chance to Smugly go through the checkpoint with my 'full screen'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

pred racer wrote: »
    By the time I got near the front, the poor overworked plod had a rigid truck, 2 vans and 5 cars pulled over to the side of the road. He let the rest of us go:D
    He was only checking the lane going into Nenagh and it was absolutely pissing down.

I always panic going through them even though I know the car is 100% (probably as a result of years of checkpoints in the north)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

I always panic going through them even though I know the car is 100% (probably as a result of years of checkpoints in the north)

I know what ya mean, having an assault rifle pointed in the window at me always freaked me out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Sorry, didn't know whether this question was best here or a new thread but went with here for now!

I've recently bought a 2005 2.0T Quattro Audi A4 with 200bhp - I find it fast and enjoying it so far, I've heard though an engine remap can boost the bhp and also improve fuel efficiency - does anyone here have any thoughts on this? Are there an risks?! Oh and any recommendations as to where to do it! Cheers.

Talk to Joe Power at tdr.ie

He's the best man for it and he'll run you through the pro's and con's.

pred racer wrote: »

A checkpoint outside of Dublin :eek:
    Surely not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

RoverJames wrote: »
    A checkpoint outside of Dublin :eek:
    Surely not.

They'd be useless if there were :rolleyes:

But why did I say that?

Yep, it's that blue Yaris again

It's in this photo. But what else is in the same photo?

Not going to embed as it's a fairly large photo

Image364.jpg

Enforcement my bollox, the pic just says it all :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

When you were taking the time to take the photo did you perhaps mention it to one of the Gardai? Or are they expected to check every car they clap eyes on?

When you were taking the time to take the photo did you perhaps mention it to one of the Gardai? Or are they expected to check every car they clap eyes on?

I spotted it the other day and reported it then and again today.

I've come to the conclusion I'm wasting my time and they won't do a thing

It's in shabby enough condition anyway, going green and covered in muck, probably never washed since new, not exactly hiding its condition

dgt wrote: »
    I spotted it the other day and reported it then and again today.

I've come to the conclusion I'm wasting my time and they won't do a thing

It's in shabby enough condition anyway, going green and covered in muck, probably never washed since new, not exactly hiding its condition

Well that's fair enough. Hopefully something will be done.

I fail to see how the picture says it all however, it's a bit far fetched to expect a random car to be checked unless the car was being specifically looked for or they were checking all cars.

Well that's fair enough. I fail to see how the picture says it all however, it's a bit far fetched to expect a random car to be checked unless the car was being specifically looked for or they were checking all cars.

It's twice in the last 7 days I've brought it to their attention and that is the result!

It's not the lack of tax or NCT but the insurance is out since 05/05. There are no words to describe just how immoral that is, driving that heap round a built up environment with busy shoppers and small children is just beyond disgraceful

It's twice in the last 7 days I've brought it to their attention and that is the result!

It's not the lack of tax or NCT but the insurance is out since 05/05. There are no words to describe just how immoral that is, driving that heap round a built up environment with busy shoppers and small children is just beyond disgraceful

Well I certainly wouldn't condone it either.

If the result is it still being used after being reported multiple times then that's a poor showing.

Nothing more one can do.... :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I can beat that. There is a lad driving a Mitsubishi L200 on UK plates for the last 10 years with a completely blank windscreen.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Nothing more one can do.... :(

I'm surprised the anti-garda-bashing brigade hasn't landed yet. I'm hoping someday people will know the difference between "bashing" and criticism

I am sure that lads driving about with no vehicle documents is pretty low on their list of priorities.

What I can't understand is how much it costs to run a Yaris for the year leaving out the NCT, it was 185 tax and I've seen the drivers, both would get cheap insurance. Why not save the bloody hassle for about 500 a year?

Every time I see it the parking is paid for a few hours, at least 3 quid! Clearly not broke....

But what are they doing there? The shopping!

I don't garda bash and never have (except earliers outburst) but I've done my bit, many times and this car is still driving about. Why haven't they done a thing about it?

No doubt, some high horse will come along and try to make little of me and the situation. I'd question their morals if they do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Ronnie Beck

But what are they doing there?

Picking up the welfare :D.

Picking up the welfare :D.

Now why didn't I think of that! :o

Possibly, as the social welfare office is down that alley :pac:

Although it's normally picked up at the Post Office.... Which isn't too far away from there either :pac:

Might be their monthly signing day at the SW office?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Dartz

Are you sure whoever owns it isn't just following you around?

I'm tempted to buy it, just to sneak it up when you least suspect it.

On holidays. Blue Yaris. At work. Blue Yaris. Everywhere you turn. Blue Yaris lurks.

Might be their monthly signing day at the SW office?

Possibly, I used to sign on a Thursday and get paid on Tuesday...
    Dartz wrote: »
    Are you sure whoever owns it isn't just following you around?

I'm tempted to buy it, just to sneak it up when you least suspect it.

Only appears in that car park, nowhere else!
    Dartz wrote: »
    On holidays. Blue Yaris. At work. Blue Yaris. Everywhere you turn. Blue Yaris lurks.

That happens already :pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

The NCT centres are closed for a week or so over Christmas, so if you need to book a retest (or two like me :D) you get extra time.

Mine was due by Jan. 1st, over the phone they booked it in for Jan. 11.

Makes sense that ten days if they are closed from Christmas Eve to Jan 2.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement