Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    The mother just ordered one of these earlier today:D

ceed-SW.jpg

Same colour as the pic and in 1.6 daysul form. Should be here in the first week in January.

Not very exciting I know! But the last time the family had a brand new car was in 2001(not counting company cars).

My dads got one coming too, same spec as the one in the pic but a black hatch. Very impressive little motors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

CianRyan wrote: »
    Well you'll have a few months to practice if you book it now.
    If you have the money, just go and do it!
    Otherwise you'll be like me and put it off for months. :p

Good luck to you too!

Ya, that's the other problem. I don't want to fail. It's true what they say: "If you don't want to fail, don't try!" :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Ya, that's the other problem. I don't want to fail. It's true what they say: "If you don't want to fail, don't try!" :)

Dunno where you heard that, but my motto is "if you don't want to fail, do the flipping work"

And I've noticed that since I mentioned checkpoints in Cork, no one has refuted it!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Stheno wrote: »
    Dunno where you heard that, but my motto is "if you don't want to fail, do the flipping work"

And I've noticed that since I mentioned checkpoints in Cork, no one has refuted it!

Hahaha, jesus man. Get some back bone would ya?
    Who gives a ****e if ya fail? Just try harder and get it right next time.

I second what Stheno says, get the practice in and do the bloody test.
    Just think of all the cars and tracks you'll have access to with a full licence! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Right well maybe I made that up. :p But the first time I done my theory test, I was fully sure I passed. The chap came out from the room and said. "You failed!" :(, I felt like a right dingbat. I dent went to the shop after feeling very sad, so I thought a white magnum would cheer me up. But they had none left.

So that's the reason, I'm putting the driving test off...

Just have the magnum on stand by as a passing celebration!
    Go on. ;)

• Advertisement

Hahaha, jesus man. Get some back bone would ya?
    Who gives a ****e if ya fail? Just try harder and get it right next time.

I second what Stheno says, get the practice in and do the bloody test.
    Just think of all the cars and tracks you'll have access to with a full licence! :D

Right well maybe I made that up. :p But the first time I done my theory test, I was fully sure I passed. The chap came out from the room and said. "You failed!" :(, I felt like a right dingbat. I dent went to the shop after feeling very sad, so I thought a white magnum would cheer me up. But they had none left.

So that's the reason, I'm putting the driving test off...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Dunno where you heard that, but my motto is "if you don't want to fail, do the flipping work

I prefer 'fail to prepare, prepare to fail' ;)

Just have the magnum on stand by as a passing celebration!
    Go on. ;)

I bookmarked it AND added it to my favorites, so I suppose that's a positive start! :p:D

Is the Ka somewhat rally prepped ?
    Three cars at the house would be a ball ache alright.

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    ......... And since the asshat in my estate keeps damaging it I`d rather see it go.............

I hope the bastad leaves your TT be :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Power steering pump is whipped.

Real man steering for the next while!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Looking at getting new tyres for my 2000 Fiesta 1.25l. Is a noticeable difference between Federal SS-657 and Goodyear Vector 4 Seasons? I currently have two Infinity tyres on the front and crap ones on the rear. Is it best to go for all season tyres on a small car? Or would you recommend other brands? Thanks.

dgt wrote: »
    Power steering pump is whipped.

Real man steering for the next while!

... Are you going to drive around in it? Looney imo.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

RoverJames wrote: »

I drove the 325 without power steering for about 12 weeks, not a bother. Parking was sometimes a pita other than that it was perfectly safe / manageable

Couldn't resist..

1zAEq.png

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

anyone know the days the nct centres are open around christmas and if theyre open saturdays?

Closed it appears from the 22nd to the 2nd

The only way to find this information is to click on individual opening times for each flipping centre!

I thought I was going nuts, as I couldn't get an appointment in about 15 different centres, and ended up ringing them.

No general announcement on their site at all that I can see
    anyone know the days the nct centres are open around christmas and if theyre open saturdays?

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

thank you sir!
    also, i got another eagle f1 from kellehers yesterday, this one is made in china though? and i cant find the year of manufacture on it at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

How big is a Superb estate? 4 spaces apparently!
    233321.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

langdang wrote: »
    How big is a Superb estate? 4 spaces apparently!

Links not working!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Links not working!
    Just as well! It worked for me but was ginormous..

RoverJames wrote: »

I might be a looney but I know my limits. Am now at home and not going to drive it till I get it sorted, it's far worse than this morning. Don't want to risk it locking to one side on turning or seizing the pump and causing further damage, wouldn't want that now would we? :)

I'll just drive round in another car till I get it sorted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

dgt wrote: »
    I might be a looney but I know my limits. Am now at home and not going to drive it till I get it sorted, it's far worse than this morning. Don't want to risk it locking to one side on turning or seizing the pump and causing further damage, wouldn't want that now would we? :)

I'll just drive round in another car till I get it sorted :)

The blue van rises again?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I read that as the blue yaris!

Not a hope! Yet ;)

One outside the house :pac:

That mad senator who evaded train tickets has been fined 1850 for not paying motor tax

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/1219/fidelma-healy-eames-court.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

Lol it's haunting you as well as dgt :P

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭guttenberg

Galway Senator Healy Eames gets a €1,850 fine for her cars tax being 6 months out of date. Is that the normal fine?

guttenberg wrote: »

Galway Senator Healy Eames gets a €1,850 fine for her cars tax being 6 months out of date. Is that the normal fine?
    That mad senator who evaded train tickets has been fined 1850 for not paying motor tax

2 Posts up ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭guttenberg

Oops, didn't notice Sthenos post!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement