Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

It'd be a higher than normal fine imo

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

omg omg omg!

IMG_1194_zps27fb1f95.jpg

best part now:

delivery driver called me to ask for directions. so all grand and i was awaiting for him. when he drove his first words were:

-is that a present?
    -huh?
    -i sow on the box, it came from lego crowd, just was wondering.
    -ah no, its for me!
    -really?! i collect lego too!
    -what? really?! you are the first person i met who did not judged me for buying this!!!
    -ah no! i got myself lego technic sets. my wife got me a big excavator! she told me i can get it with one condition - i wont be putting it together now. i ended up staying till morning building it and pissed off my wife!
    -lololol. you whana see whats in this one? its 4x4 crawler!
    -sure open it up!
    *conversation gone on and on! fair play to delivery driver. he might have skiped on my delivery today. he was just asked to deliver it if he could on his way home as it was in area.

now i have to wait for xmas morning... i wonder if i will resist it though!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I wish I hadn't asked santa for a kindle, and asked for that instead...

That. Is. Awesome:D

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭ugglasdav

Meccano also have some very good kits like that, where you could build multiple machines and control them by remote control

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

guttenberg wrote: »
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/1219/fidelma-healy-eames-court.html

Galway Senator Healy Eames gets a €1,850 fine for her cars tax being 6 months out of date. Is that the normal fine?
    €1850 is very high for this type of offence.

Actually when you take everything into account, 6 months loss of revenue, a merc so high tax and failing to appear it is justified.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Just noticed the custard! :P:P:P

Just noticed the custard! :P:P:P

Aye! I needed to keep it somehow motor related trollolololol :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Aye! I needed to keep it somehow motor related trollolololol :D

It's not Birds though:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Stheno wrote: »
    It's not Birds though:P

It's better than that, its Tesco ready to serve custard :pac:

Good on ye SH :p

aye, and thats what i am going to try get next somewhere ( getting rare as its old model ). i will need a lot of red parts... for something... with no spoiler! :D

8070-1.jpg

• Advertisement

When I was 8 I got this
    8880-1.jpg

Thought I was the bees knees as the recommended age was 11 up :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

I got this bad boy off santa last year :D

LEGO-Technic-8110-Unimog-U400-Toys-N-Bricks.jpg

We also have that car that dgt posted I think. Is that the one that can be made into a F1 style car as well?

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    We also have that car that dgt posted I think. Is that the one that can be made into a F1 style car as well?

That's the one! :D

8880altisosmall.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

I had the submarine too!! Still have it built at home.... also have a massive box from when I was a kid full of Lego, probably a few grand in it.

Might buy some for Christmas now....

Anyhow. Off karting in Kylemore now to break up GaryITR. Anyone who wants to witness this spectacle come on down!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

dgt wrote: »

Sweet V8 in it :D:D

The unimog only has a 4 pot :(:P

dgt wrote: »

8880altisosmall.jpg

you damn rich parent children! :D

this was the biggest one i owned. the sad thing is i was 5 when i got it. so its was 1991. this model is from 1986!!! thats how crapy my country is/was. :p

f20110501132049-lego-8853.jpg

you damn rich parent children! :D

this was the biggest one i owned. the sad thing is i was 5 when i got it. so its was 1991. this model is from 1986!!! thats how crapy my country is/was. :p

Could've been worse, you could have been sent to Siberia :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Damien360

aye, and thats what i am going to try get next somewhere ( getting rare as its old model ). i will need a lot of red parts... for something... with no spoiler! :D

8070-1.jpg

I got that for my young lad last year. fantastic build with V8, pistons move when car rolls, doors are automated, as is spoiler and bonnet. A few tricky bits during the build and I built it all.

Came in one night wasted from pub during last Xmas last during the build (3 days) and having remembered in the pub that I made a mistake. Spent 2 very drunk hours fixing the mistake (colour code of some items very close and causes problems) and only went to bed when the wife came downstairs. It is still fully assembled on the mantlepiece. Every visitor to the house goes straight to it and has a good look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

I got this when I was like 13, A lego F1 Ferrari edition. :cool: I was on my window sill st. stephens day and my bothers friend din't believe it was made from lego. Until he fcked it off the wall and it smashed into 10000 pieces. It was a dark day for the pit crew. :(

8157-1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Dartz

I would've murdered him for that.

Then told his parents what he did. Before murdering them. Then all living relatives.

One does not mess with another mans lego.

Dartz wrote: »

Then told his parents what he did. Before murdering them. Then all living relatives.

Thought about it.. :D

It was disappointing though, the year after he burst my simpsons sofa, by sitting on it to quick! :eek:

He is like bad luck brian. :mad:

simpsons-inflatable-sofa.jpg

Dartz wrote: »

At least make them walk on all the pieces of lego first...

Thank you, your order has been placed.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/LEGO-285766-Technic-8070-Supercar/dp/B0042HOU6W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1355942395&sr=8-1

well my xmas present budget blown. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Following this thread re the technics. Thought to myself, sure I've a bit of time over Christmas, may as well get myself one. Clicked that link.

MOTHER OF GOD ! £83 for a bit of bloody lego? I'll carve one out of my firewood instead. :eek:

In other news...

15397_233455076787514_593591784_n.png

MugMugs wrote: »
    Following this thread re the technics. Thought to myself, sure I've a bit of time over Christmas, may as well get myself one. Clicked that link.

MOTHER OF GOD ! £83 for a bit of bloody lego? I'll carve one out of my firewood instead. :eek:

dunno m8. 83£ looks very cheap for amount of fun it can give. i am a gamer and i used to pay 50-60eu per brand new game and sometimes i would not even play 10 hours damn things. i could easily buy 2-3 per week.

and i will just leave this here too:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Yeah fair cop I suppose. I'm just a tightarse.

I'll forfeit Black Ops II and get one so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Jaysus lego is expensive. You'd nearly buy a real car for that. :p

NCT retest booked for the 6th, thank fuuuuuuuck for the Christmas break.
    Air bag light sorted, just plugged it in, did some magic and took the tape from over the light. I'll kick who ever did that!

CianRyan wrote: »
    Jaysus lego is expensive. You'd nearly buy a real car for that. :p

And that's how my childhood ended, seriously! :(:p

• Advertisement

dunno m8. 83£ looks very cheap for amount of fun it can give. i am a gamer and i used to pay 50-60eu per brand new game and sometimes i would not even play 10 hours damn things. i could easily buy 2-3 per week.

and i will just leave this here too:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/LEGO-Technic-8109-Flatbed-Truck/dp/B004OT6PR0/ref=pd_rhf_se_s_cp_42

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement