Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Harcrid

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Nonsense! F1 cars looked far better back in the days without wings

WDrUB.jpg

Thats now my new wallpaper. What a cool machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

dgt wrote: »
    And that seems to be what has gone on the 406, don't think the one off the Xantia fits.

One can only imagine how awkward it must be to work on a 2.1.....! :eek: I could never see the point of the 2.1 tbh

Its not the same on the 406 iirc on the xantia it was linked to the suspension.

I was wondering, did you ever fit a xantia turbo to a 406? I know they have the same engine, but the turbo in the xantia came in with a much bigger kick and it was definitly faster than my 406. Just a thought.

Btw stay away from the 2.1, they are scrap! My local pugeot garage told me if I bought one, he didnt want to see it ever.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Mother, call me there and said all the lego is sold out! :*(

EDIT: Mother. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Man those lego kits are pretty cool. I never had any sets like that growing up! Best I had was a remote control lego car platform that you could build whatever body you wanted on top of. I think I used to prefer K'nex though. Used to build massive yokes with that.

@Ardennes1944

In case you haven't seen it.. Is this a new TT in Cork? Just spotted when browsing!

Redisle wrote: »
    Man those lego kits are pretty cool. I never had any sets like that growing up! Best I had was a remote control lego car platform that you could build whatever body you wanted on top of. I think I used to prefer K'nex though. Used to build massive yokes with that.

@Ardennes1944

In case you haven't seen it.. Is this a new TT in Cork? Just spotted when browsing!

Hmm German plate on the back, normal printed plate on the front... something isn't right. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Hmm German plate on the back, normal printed plate on the front... something isn't right. :pac:

It's an old pic is all. The rest of them have german plates on the front.

It's an old pic is all. The rest of them have german plates on the front.

Ah right, Never noticed that. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

lightning, for you,love: :p

5620443148_646fae3904_z.jpg

5619853319_5ab4131a8f_z.jpg

5620441654_994e88f9f7_z.jpg

5619852207_6f8c8f0833_z.jpg

5619851355_f5322f88a2_z.jpg

5619851031_804a438d2d_z.jpg

5518621696_874fd965cb_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

That's it, I'm hitting a toy shop on the way home from work. And I'm not going to wait until Christmas Day to play with it either!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

I was in Smyths earlier looking for it and all they had was a helicopter....

May go looking elsewhere!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Yiz are obsessed!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I've been looking for something ~€100 to take apart and have fun with, althought this looks very fun, I think it's slightly to complex for me.
    DGT, may have found you a home for that V8. :D

lightning, for you,love: :p

5620443148_646fae3904_z.jpg

5619853319_5ab4131a8f_z.jpg

5620441654_994e88f9f7_z.jpg

5619852207_6f8c8f0833_z.jpg

5619851355_f5322f88a2_z.jpg

5619851031_804a438d2d_z.jpg

5518621696_874fd965cb_z.jpg

Where do you buy them? :eek: That's heaven for me. :D

I was in Smyths earlier looking for it and all they had was a helicopter....

May go looking elsewhere!!

Helicopter? Meh! Keep on hunting! ;)

Stheno wrote: »
    Yiz are obsessed!

:D
    Mim_joinus.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

pred racer wrote: »
    Its not the same on the 406 iirc on the xantia it was linked to the suspension.

I was wondering, did you ever fit a xantia turbo to a 406? I know they have the same engine, but the turbo in the xantia came in with a much bigger kick and it was definitly faster than my 406. Just a thought.

Btw stay away from the 2.1, they are scrap! My local pugeot garage told me if I bought one, he didnt want to see it ever.:D

Spot on, it is indeed linked to the suspension, as well as the brakes! :eek:

I think they're the same T2 turbo, some Xantias didn't have an intercooler. Unless yours was turned up? My 406 is much faster than when I got it! :p

It wasn't the engines fault, just the sh*tty injection system they had. Not a bad engine but stupid in this country due to the higher tax band and a pig to work on!

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    That is awesome!!!!

aye. the more i dig in to whole lego, the more i get sucked in. turns out people buying/selling parts. selling/buying designs writing books on builds and "how to" stuff, truck trial competitions too.

i am not sure, but i really opened a pit for myself here! :D already making a plan how to sneak out and get that recovery truck from local shop for 60eu... problem is i dont know how to explain it to misses lol!

before i get banned lol:

http://rebrickable.com/

a website where you can buy blueprints for sets and a special tool, where you can enter your owned models and see what you can build from those parts. :pac:

I'm heading to killybegs tomorrow and on to Derry for the weekend.
    Google maps says 3 hrs 51mins from my house to Killybegs.
    Any guesses as to how long it'll actually take ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Filled out an online form for Arachas insurance broker there last night and got a phonecall at work, after confirming details of myself and the car im on hold for 10 minutes working away and the girl comes back on the line telling me best they can do is €2200 and i would be doing well at that, this is with zero modification, oh my :p

123.ie it is then i guess for the longterm, i doubt suspension upgrades really count as a performance modification, we will see

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭guttenberg

What takes you to Killybegs? If it's just a night away I'd recommend stopping in Bundoran instead, better craic to be had!:D

Filled out an online form for Arachas insurance broker there last night and got a phonecall at work, after confirming details of myself and the car im on hold for 10 minutes working away and the girl comes back on the line telling me best they can do is €2200 and i would be doing well at that, this is with zero modification, oh my :p

123.ie it is then i guess for the longterm, i doubt suspension upgrades really count as a performance modification, we will see

Quote Devil is good. :)

I find google maps fairly accurate at timing my journeys, But it depends on the traffic. :)

Quote Devil is good. :)

im 29 with almost 6 years NCD i shouldn't have to go to companies like that, will try a quick quote for the laugh though :pac:

im 29 with almost 6 years NCD i shouldn't have to go to companies like that, will try a quick quote for the laugh though :pac:

Im 19 no NCD, 1400 on the punto, it being a 1.2 as well. :)

Im 19 no NCD, 1400 on the punto, it being a 1.2 as well. :)

Yer wan on the phone today made it sound like i was trying to insure a ferrari with 5 turbochargers that was powered by blended orphans, and that was as standard :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I got quoted €3249 on a 350Z last night, said I had my full licence and 1y NCB though, just thinking ahead for next year. :p
    I actually forgot to adjust my age so it should be cheaper again... Slightly.

Yer wan on the phone today made it sound like i was trying to insure a ferrari with 5 turbochargers that was powered by blended orphans, and that was as standard :P

Ya, Get the quote from quote divil yet?

Ya, Get the quote from quote divil yet?

No they have a stupid email reply system

• Advertisement

guttenberg wrote: »
    What takes you to Killybegs? If it's just a night away I'd recommend stopping in Bundoran instead, better craic to be had!:D

A mate runs a pub there:D

Only stopping off to see their new sprog, going to derry for the weekend.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement