Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

pred racer wrote: »
    A mate runs a pub there:D

Only stopping off to see their new sprog, going to derry for the weekend.

Derry is a nice spot for a few days.

The accent is lethal though, you'd nearly want to record what they say and play it back at half speed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

CianRyan wrote: »
    I got quoted €3249 on a 350Z last night, said I had my full licence and 1y NCB though, just thinking ahead for next year. :p
    I actually forgot to adjust my age so it should be cheaper again... Slightly.

I used to pay €750 on the 350GT:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

No they have a stupid email reply system

Don't expect a e-mail. Expect a phone call, about 11am tomorrow. :p :pac:

The woman that called me, was as sound as a pound though... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Don't expect a e-mail. Expect a phone call, about 11am tomorrow. :p :pac:

The woman that called me, was as sound as a pound though... :)

I will be working and i don't have time for that, i want a figure before i engage, why don't Irish companies get that ? I don't want some buffon to explain to me that my hatchback is some exotic 200mph child killing monster demoncar, it's a bleedin focus and i just want an accurate quote, thanks lads :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

I'm paying €670 on the 335 :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Ah stop would ya, I'd say you had better details to give them. Haha
    I'm gonna check out an LS400 later, cheaper for a start. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

CianRyan wrote: »
    Ah stop would ya, I'd say you had better details to give them. Haha
    I'm gonna check out an LS400 later, cheaper for a start. :D

They are nice but a nice GS300 with a good spec and leather is where it's at

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

They are nice but a nice GS300 with a good spec and leather is where it's at

I'm into the 2JZ alright but I'm not gone on the body style. That and a clean enough LS400 can be got for nothing these days.
    They also make unreal VIP builds. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

Stheno wrote: »
    Derry is a nice spot for a few days.

The accent is lethal though, you'd nearly want to record what they say and play it back at half speed

I'm used to it at this stage.
    Its great craic, all my mates are republicans, and I'm a Prod.
    The abuse is legendary:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

:mad::eek::confused::o:):D

Believe it or not the Derry accent is supposed to be one of the easier local accents to understand. There are a good few call centers there for that reason.

• Advertisement

I'm used to it at this stage.
    Its great craic, all my mates are publicans, and I'm a Prod.
    The abuse is legendary:D

FYP :P

:D
    Mate in killybegs has a restaurant too, should be there about lunch time:pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

:mad::eek::confused::o:):D

Believe it or not the Derry accent is supposed to be one of the easier local accents to understand. There are a good few call centers there for that reason.

I worked all over the North for nearly a year and a half.
    My colleague was from Yorkshire.

The one accent we never ever got the hang of was Derry, it was the speed at which they spoke more so than the accent, if they spoke more slowly we were fine.

We'd one workshop where we'd to ask them to repeat something three times, they finally did so slowly

No problems with accents anywhere else, and we literally went all over the North.Lovely people though

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭guttenberg

You missed the clear legenderry joke they're fond of!!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

guttenberg wrote: »
    You missed the clear legenderry joke they're fond of!!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

The Christmas shoppers.... I think this just sums the day up!

Image365.jpg

I miss meh d-turbo :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I'm paying €670 on the 335 :P

well thats because you are old. living at mum. driving to sunday school and church. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

Well I win 'cos my insurance cost the same as my car! €1900. But I am 20 with no NCB on a Toyota Levin :P

well thats because you are old. living at mum. driving to sunday school and church. :pac:

:eek::eek::eek:

I would sooner drive a BMW, then be renting a crappy apartment or something. :) Besides mammys make lovely stew. :p

• Advertisement

I'm the same age as you ya twat, I'm still paying rent here and I haven't been to mass since last Christmas :P

I would sooner drive a BMW, then be renting a crappy apartment or something. :) Besides mammys make lovely stew. :p

I take it you live at home too?

I'm the same age as you ya twat, I'm still paying rent here and I haven't been to mass since last Christmas :P

Christmas mass I find the most enjoyable one of the whole year. It's an added bonus when you see all the old biddys falling out side after, literally crawling to the cars. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

LIES! :D

I take it you live at home too?

Ya, of course. :eek: Why??????

LIES! :D

NOT LIES!! :D

It would be more in your line to get a spoiler for that car rather than talking shoite about people you don't know ;)

Ya, of course. :eek: Why??????

Pred is doing up a list of all those still living at home after the age of 16 and he is going to shun them all

They give him nightmares that his kids will still be living with him when he's 90

They give him nightmares that his kids will still be living with him when he's 90

So what you're saying is they have 6 years to go until then? :pac:

You're being kind, I thought he was about 88?

• Advertisement

Pred is doing up a list of all those still living at home after the age of 16 and he is going to shun them all

At 19 if they havent moved out Im throwing them out;)

FU mammies boy:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement