Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

zerks wrote: »
    Posted this in Gif thread,but probably more at home here.

76258.gif

New underpants needed by someone.

Holidays are coming, holidays are coming, holidays are coming

• Registered Users Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Dartz

It occurs to me, says the man from the National Roads Authority, that the easiest way to keep pedestrians getting run over at night is to get more of them into cars....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

You've been posting that far too much....I think you need it in your life man!

:D:D

I'll admit, it kinda looks cool!

Haha, any excuse to post it. :p

It does indeed! :)

EDIT: You admitted it's cool? Haha, been wait for that. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

I also seen Halfords sell nos. :eek:
    I'm thinking you think that "NOS" is something its not..
    They sell this :
    http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_216215_langId_-1_categoryId_255221

Which is not this:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nitrous

"NOS" is a brand name with different products sold under it, like Xerox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Tonight marks the end of an era for me: my time at Tesco has ended. Even though I was only there on work experience, they all welcomed me in and treated me like family.

A lot of staff were sad to see me go and I will miss the place, I loved what I did: SBO and in recent days the crackpot breadman :pac:

A big cheers to the supermarket giant who made me feel at home :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

dgt wrote: »
    Tonight marks the end of an era for me: my time at Tesco has ended. Even though I was only there on work experience, they all welcomed me in and treated me like family.

A lot of staff were sad to see me go and I will miss the place, I loved what I did: SBO and in recent days the crackpot breadman :pac:

What's the plan now m8? Selling drugs? :D

What's the plan now m8? Selling drugs? :D

After the past few days of subtle and subliminal sales pitching to customers, I'll try selling water to fishermen and snow to eskimos :p

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

After the past few days of subtle and subliminal sales pitching to customers, I'll try selling water to fishermen and snow to eskimos :p

If you convince SH to buy a spoiler, you can do anything :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Matt Simis wrote: »
    I'm thinking you think that "NOS" is something its not..
    They sell this :
    http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_216215_langId_-1_categoryId_255221

Which is not this:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nitrous

"NOS" is a brand name with different products sold under it, like Xerox.

I thought that for a second or two alright, but I suppose I wanted to think that it was Nitrous Oxide.But what exactly is that stuff halfords sells? As it says on it "for track use only" . I don't quite understand it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Matt Simis wrote: »

LOL - increases octane by 3 points :D

It takes 10 octane points to increase an octane number so this effectively will increase 95 RON to 95.3 RON. Waste of money!!!

I'm assuming the stuff I tried did this too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

LOL - increases octane by 3 points :D

It takes 10 octane points to increase an octane number so this effectively will increase 95 RON to 95.3 RON. Waste of money!!!

I'm assuming the stuff I tried did this too.

Spot on. You would need something like Toulene or Xylene to increase octane rating as an additive. E85 used to great for this too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Have to remove my ''rose-tinted'' glasses for a minute and don my cap to this car...

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4336969

View2-16393442.jpeg

I always wanted one of these, thought they were a lovely looking car and backed up by impressive performance figures. I think this example is expensive but it's a bloody nice car...

How does the world look without Alfa-goggles?! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

How does the world look without Alfa-goggles?! :pac:

Cold and German.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Sbo? I hate you guys! Up the caps on the 7up will ya?

CianRyan wrote: »
    Cold and German.

But Renault is French :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

But Renault is French :P

Yeah but he's looking at boards. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

you got out just in time, they have me in until midnight until christmas, then briefly pause for christmas day, then back in st.stephens morning :(

cant complain, jobs a job... specially while the college grant crowd still havn't looked up or down at me :mad:

if you dont mind me asking dgt, did tesco give you a few pound out of courtesy?

Gary ITR wrote: »
    Sbo? I hate you guys! Up the caps on the 7up will ya?

Sales Based Orders: if buy more, we get you more :p
    you got out just in time, they have me in until midnight until christmas, then briefly pause for christmas day, then back in st.stephens morning :(

cant complain, jobs a job... specially while the college grant crowd still havn't looked up or down at me :mad:

if you dont mind me asking dgt, did tesco give you a few pound out of courtesy?

Tesco in Navan is meant to be open till 9 but last year the shopping centre security ran everyone out before 6 :p I hope you won't be in till midnight, my old place of work never shut shop, open on Christmas day. Miserable c*nts

I couldn't believe the amount of staff that were sad to see me go! They did pay me for the time I worked as the breadman, approx 200 (which barely covers a quarter tax :( ) and a gift voucher for the alcahol section :)

Employees get a coupon/voucher book, some very sweet deals in it I have to say! Did they give you a staff discount card?

Tesco in Navan is meant to be open till 9 but last year the shopping centre security ran everyone out before 6 :p I hope you won't be in till midnight, my old place of work never shut shop, open on Christmas day. Miserable c*nts

I couldn't believe the amount of staff that were sad to see me go! They did pay me for the time I worked as the breadman, approx 200 (which barely covers a quarter tax :( ) and a gift voucher for the alcahol section :)

Employees get a coupon/voucher book, some very sweet deals in it I have to say! Did they give you a staff discount card?

must have been a petrol station or something you were in at the time, was it?

we're you sad to say goodbye? that's the question my friend :P 200 was decent for doing the bread, but that must have been contracted through someone like brennans and not tesco itself was it?

got the coupon booklet alright, have used all the spend a fiver save a euro ones but not many of the specific ones, its just a clever way for tesco to spend your wages back in tesco really isn't it. The discount card is savage (if your a student anyway :pac:) 10% off nearly everything in store... except fuel! you have to work there a minimum of a year to get the card and they are pretty strict with them.

• Advertisement

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4336690

"the usual grind into 3rd gear like all starlet turbos"

yup, perfectly normal, nothing to see here. all starlet turbos grind into 3rd, all the time. no biggie :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Sales Based Orders: if buy more, we get you more :p

I know what it is :p I work for a supplier ;)

Just finished work. Off till Thursday. Now back home and start cleaning and doing stuff, because Misses shadowhearth still working all day today and tomorrow.

must have been a petrol station or something you were in at the time, was it?

we're you sad to say goodbye? that's the question my friend :P 200 was decent for doing the bread, but that must have been contracted through someone like brennans and not tesco itself was it?

got the coupon booklet alright, have used all the spend a fiver save a euro ones but not many of the specific ones, its just a clever way for tesco to spend your wages back in tesco really isn't it. The discount card is savage (if your a student anyway :pac:) 10% off nearly everything in store... except fuel! you have to work there a minimum of a year to get the card and they are pretty strict with them.

Nope! A medium sized shop, about twice the size of a news agent but far smaller than a supermarket. A hateful place it was, 3 long years in that kip... :(

I was indeed sad to say goodbye! Tesco did contract me for the 3 days to look after breads and cakes (more so mince pies and seasonal pastries) very hard to keep them on the shelves and towers... No one else was contracted to do breads, I wonder what it will look like by the end of the day.... :p

Also the staff deal on the mobile network, treble credit when you top up! :eek:

Also the staff deal on the mobile network, treble credit when you top up! :eek:

There is loads of "cant do's" with the bonus credit though... cant ring "x" can't ring "y"... just more of tescos trickery to get staff spending their wages back in tesco.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Lads, for how long after paying eflow do you need to keep the receipts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Keep them as long as possible, you never know when they'll try and stick ya for a charge (they may have improved, but they've done that to me a few times)

I would eve take them in to my grave. Just in case. You never know those bastards!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Lads would ye not just get a tag?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Stheno wrote: »
    Lads would ye not just get a tag?

Have one now, they've suspended it though cos I've got no monies for auto top up :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement