Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Merry Christmas

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 866 ✭✭✭renofan

Got two offers to buy my car in the last 24 hours from locals I never met but see the car all the time. And a third woman behind the till in my local Centra started babbling away to me how much her husband loves my car, never seen the woman before in my life! Nice all the same.

Happy Christmas all!

We're you on the N81 around 4 today? Between Jobstown and the cross roads at Belgard Road West turning right? Met a very very clean one with the same alloys and colour as yours. Looked very well. '00 D 1**** was the reg.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

Yes lads, hope I'm in the right place to ask for advice on buying a car ? Would i be right ?.....if not send me in the right direction :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

Happy Crimbo!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Yes lads, hope I'm in the right place to ask for advice on buying a car ? Would i be right ?.....if not send me in the right direction :pac:

Nah it's the Animals and Pet Issues forum you'd want for car-buying, not the motors forum...:D

• Advertisement

166man wrote: »
    Nah it's the Animals and Pet Issues forum you'd want for car-buying, not the motors forum...:D

Aye just wanted to check that there isn't "special" threads or anything :rolleyes:
    You fairly know how to welcome a visitor to the forum haha sarcastic bixtard :pac:

I need a used reliable diesel car, bit of comfort.. plenty of leg room for a 6'3, Good MPG.... I have been looking at Passats but have heard rumours of engine troubles, same with Audi.

What ideas would you have or what would you say to the rumours?

If you have links to any reliable cars with low mileage and minimum 2008....jaysus don't be shy and give us a link :pac:

Thanks in advance :cool:

Aye just wanted to check that there isn't "special" threads or anything :rolleyes:
    You fairly know how to welcome a visitor to the forum haha sarcastic bixtard :pac:

I need a used reliable diesel car, bit of comfort.. plenty of leg room for a 6'3, Good MPG.... I have been looking at Passats but have heard rumours of engine troubles, same with Audi.

What ideas would you have or what would you say to the rumours?

If you have links to any reliable cars with low mileage and minimum 2008....jaysus don't be shy and give us a link :pac:

Thanks in advance :cool:

Nothing like a bit of welcoming banter lad! Welcome anyhow!

What would your budget be looking like? :)

166man wrote: »
    Nothing like a bit of welcoming banter lad! Welcome anyhow!

What would your budget be looking like? :)

Thanks for the welcome :pac:
    Forgot to add that, your talking €15,000 !

Here's an example of what you could look at given your budget...

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4254500

View2-16000968.jpeg

You have a massive choice of diesel saloons with your budget. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

No link but you could get a lovely Mazda 6 2.2D for that budget.
    Honda Accord too, lovely cars.

• Advertisement

They're nice but nothing I would jump to say that I'd want, don't like the shape of them too much, i think its something with a bit more class that I am after too, without sounding like a D4 or anything :pac:

Are Audi A4's reliable? There all apparently within my budget, in the north mostly :mad:

I've heard a lot about people with A4s needing deep pockets. Especially on the second hand market.
    I wouldn't call an A4 classy either, buy an XF if you want to show off. :p
    Or an A8 if you're want to buy an Audi.

CianRyan wrote: »
    I've heard a lot about people with A4s needing deep pockets. Especially on the second hand market.
    I wouldn't call an A4 classy either, buy an XF if you want to show off. :p
    Or an A8 if you're want to buy an Audi.

Class is what i'd ultimately like but don't need it for another few years yet :pac:
    Id easily be happy with any of these in Diesel... Beemer 1or 3 series, a4's, Octavia, Golf, passat IS220 and focus (1.6 vs 1.8tdci)

Anything that stands out as unreliable? I'll leave it at that sure, reliability is what im looking to find out the most :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Happy Christmas to all and to all 'slow down ta fcuk!' :D.

Class is what i'd like but don't need it for another few years yet :pac:
    Id easily be happy with any of these... Beemer 3 series, a4's, Octavia, Golf, passat and IS220 lexus. Would be diesels im after,

Anything that stands out as unreliable and i'll leave it at that sure, think thats what im looking to find out the most :rolleyes:

An IS would be my first choice followed by the 3 Series.
    The rest wouldn't be for me, just not a VAG man myself, especially not the diesels. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

WHY indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Wtf is that advert babbling on about ? Sounds like an online dating profile

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

Is that person selling a car along with themselves and looking for a job?
    Somebody was drunk when putting that up!

Id easily be happy with any of these in Diesel... Beemer 1or 3 series, a4's, Octavia, Golf, passat IS220 and focus (1.6 vs 1.8tdci)

Anything that stands out as unreliable? I'll leave it at that sure, reliability is what im looking to find out the most :rolleyes:

I'd avoid any 2.0 diesel BMW in your budget as the timing chain issue I'd find a bit disconcerting after splashing out €15k.

A4s aren't too bad in fairness, IS220 aren't a wonderful engine but are a lovely car.

Wouldn't consider the rest in the other company.

A 6 cyl diesel BMW for €15k would be nice imo and hard to beat :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Merry Christmas langballs :) hope ye had a good haul of toys

I already have a swollen belly. Too much food.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

hahaha, I was looking at that last night aswell.I thought the beer had gotten to me as I couldn't understand a bloody thing about it.

That's just what I was thinking. Haha
    I gather he wants a private part exchange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

holy **** lads, its more complicated then i though! i wanted to make all 3 today and it took me 6 hours to do one! smallest one too! no power function or suspension! :eek:. i have to say it was a lot of fun! best 59.99eu ever spent! :o

DSC_1025.jpg

some building pics if anyone interested.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056839340

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Well done! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

When is the Top Gear special on does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

When is the Top Gear special on does anyone know?

I read before that it wasn't till February?

They're repeating the Bond cars special now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I read before that it wasn't till February?

Ah was kinda hoping there'd be a new Christmas special that I could crack open a case of brew dog for!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement