Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

When is the Top Gear special on does anyone know?

No special until next year unfortunately but BBC are doing a mini series called Racing Legends on Thursday, Friday and I think Monday profiling Stirling Moss, Jackie Stewart and Colin McRae.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Ah was kinda hoping there'd be a new Christmas special that I could crack open a case of brew dog for!
    You can always watch their worst car in the world dvd. But you will be wanting your 75 mins back afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

You can always watch their worst car in the world dvd. But you will be wanting your 75 mins back afterwards.

That bad?!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

h3000 wrote: »
    No special until next year unfortunately but BBC are doing a mini series called Racing Legends on Thursday, Friday and I think Monday profiling Stirling Moss, Jackie Stewart and Colin McRae.

No doubt very patriotic and biased but sounds like it's worth a watch all the same:)

It is pure dung.

• Advertisement

It is pure dung.

A lot of their stuff is like that. When Dave show a few series back to back it becomes irritating to watch after a while. It's grand to watch one if the newer shows for some of the cars but at this stage you can guess what they are going to say next. I know it's more about entertainment as opposed to cars these days but they really need new writers!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

What was the worst car of the year???

It was the worst car in the world not the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Sorry :(

It was the worst car in the world not the year.

Something from British Leyland or GM?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

holy **** lads, its more complicated then i though! i wanted to make all 3 today and it took me 6 hours to do one! smallest one too! no power function or suspension! :eek:. i have to say it was a lot of fun! best 59.99eu ever spent! :o

http://i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab36/Shadowhearth1/DSC_1025.jpg

I gave one of those to my nephew (12) :pac:

Seven Worlds will Collide

I gave one of those to my nephew (12) :pac:

he is lucky so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Spent the afternoon on the lego website. I WANT!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Dartz

Is it OK to abandone people to waiting for a taxi after they asked me to do designated driver and made me wait for hours 'for one last hand'.... leaving me sitting on my own without even thinking to invite me to the game or the like.

I mean, I could even have had a drink or two seen as we left at 3 and not 13 like I'd been expecting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Not a hope of doing anything outside with this weather....!

dgt wrote: »
    Not a hope of doing anything outside with this weather....!

aye, me and misses wanted to go off to cork, to see whats the sHHHHHtory there, but feck that. somehow sitting at home is a lot more comfy! :D

Got to go to the parents in Wicklow today. The haul of pressies in the form of paper negotiable bank notes better be good. I am dying with a dose.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Dartz wrote: »
    Is it OK to abandone people to waiting for a taxi after they asked me to do designated driver and made me wait for hours 'for one last hand'.... leaving me sitting on my own without even thinking to invite me to the game or the like.

I mean, I could even have had a drink or two seen as we left at 3 and not 13 like I'd been expecting.

Next time they won't take you for granted

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

So, anyone get anything motor related? Got a supercar triple blast over in the UK :) Also got a hovercraft experience in Meath, not the worst 2 vouchers to be getting.
    Drive either the Aston Martin DB9 or V8 Vantage, Ferrari 355 or 360 and the Lamborghini Gallardo - each an exhilarating but totally different drive. Each of these supercars represent the pinnacle of performance engineering and will leave anyone smiling ear to ear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

So, anyone get anything motor related? Got a supercar triple blast over in the UK :)Also got a hovercraft experience in Meath, not the worst 2 vouchers to be getting.

I wouldn't mind getting that today with the weather were having at the moment :pac:

Does a full tank of diesel count? :D

• Advertisement

Looks like a great laugh tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I got a mantis scratch remover from my granny. :p
    My girlfriend got us a trip to Paris though!! :D

I'm in town now, bargains to be had and all that. Not as mad as I thought in here... Still rather be in bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

OSI wrote: »
    Got a rather spiffy GoPro Hero 3. Tis all kinds of awesome. Currently have it mounted inside my windscreen.

That hover crafting in Athboy is epic. Did it a couple of times, you'll be wanting a nap after though, it's a lot of work!
    It's capable of recording in better quality than most TV sets can currently play!!!!

Very generous gift!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

quick question for anyone that got the boards.ie t-shirt.

i just took my out there for the first time and found a mini pack of Haribo sweets in it unopened.

anyone else get them ?

proper hidden in the tshirt ? :pac:

i just took my out there for the first time and found a mini pack of Haribo sweets in it unopened.

anyone else get them ?

You've been selected, you didn't eat them did you?

I got a trip to Italy in May, renting a classic Alfa and driving around for a week taking in a Sprinstein concert in Milan on our way. Supposedly there's more that I will find out on my birthday. She did really well sorting that!

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Dr.Rieux

I got an iPod and Bluetooth kit for my Passat from myself which was the extent of motor related presents. I also got a ticket to see Clapton in May with my girlfriend also getting one from my parents so that'll be cool :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

You've been selected, you didn't eat them did you?

I devoured them. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

anyone else get them ?

Yeah, they did that for all of them apparently. Feckin missed out on getting one. I voted for a reprint, hope they do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

I scored the Kestrel D/A kit from cleancar and some model specific floor mats for the 156!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement