Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

This has to be the least safe way to prop a car up :eek:

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4323972

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

I doubt they're going under them to be fair.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

There is a breakers near me that stacks cars three high!

The highways agency in the UK has bought screens to use in the event of accidents to stop motorists rubbernecking

Wouldn't be a bad idea over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

The Stirling Moss documentary has just started on BBC 2 now. Might be worth a look. Seems alright so far.

Have to say that was a great watch. Worth a look on BBC player if you had a spare hour. Best bit was one of the final scenes when Moss was giving Patrick Stewart advice on how to get a car he hasn't driven in 60 years going from a push start.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

MugMugs wrote: »
    I doubt they're going under them to be fair.

Why have them that high then?

If they were using forklifts, they would just keep them slightly off the ground surely

• Advertisement

No idea.... Any EPA rules on storage of EOL buckets maybe? They'd be hard pushed to find somebody going under with props like those, one would imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Stheno wrote: »
    There is a breakers near me that stacks cars three high!

The highways agency in the UK has bought screens to use in the event of accidents to stop motorists rubbernecking

Wouldn't be a bad idea over here.

That's exactly what we need here... Some amount of rubbernecking people around these parts. even if I'm out side my house, people passing stare at me like if I had 40 heads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Plan A failed. Plan B has been tried and after just 30 miles, it's scutterin' fluid again.... To Plan C!!! :pac:
    That's exactly what we need
    here... Some amount of rubbernecking people around these parts. even if I'm out side my house, people passing stare at me like if I had 40 heads.

I hate busybodies like that. Auld sh*tes with nothing better to do between bingo and the farmers mart then to have a nosey at everyone elses business. When someone does at the house I usually have the binoculars ready. And I'll keep at it till they stop. Not so eager to look in then ha ha!

dgt wrote: »
    Plan A failed. Plan B has been tried and after just 30 miles, it's scutterin' fluid again.... To Plan C!!! :pac:

I hate busybodies like that. Auld sh*tes with nothing better to do between bingo and the farmers mart then to have a nosey at everyone elses business. When someone does at the house I usually have the binoculars ready. And I'll keep at it till they stop. Not so eager to look in then ha ha!

Haha, exactly. There is one family in particular though, they own a farm in the road to the left side of my house. Anyway they do go past the house, at a snail's pace and 4 children and the dad does turn their heads round 360 degrees as the slowly drive past, we call the children of the family: "The noisy kids" .. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

That's exactly what we need here... Some amount of rubbernecking people around these parts. even if I'm out side my house, people passing stare at me like if I had 40 heads.

Maybe they are looking at your weird house.
    Ufo-House.jpg

When do you get to fly home anyways? :D

• Advertisement

Matt Simis wrote: »
    Ufo-House.jpg

Ha, I wish... :p

shoe-house.jpg

The sporting should be there somewhere.. :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Matt Simis wrote: »

He has to phone first! (Sorry BW, it's the time of year!) ET hasn't been on the telly tho :(

He has to phone first! (Sorry BW, it's the time of year!) ET hasn't been on the telly tho :(

E.T. has been on the telly like 4 times in the last week. :p

E.T. has been on the telly like 4 times in the last week. :p

Really? I missed it :( Feck sake

Really? I missed it :( Feck sake

yup, afraid so.

EDIT: It was on today, about 8 or 9.

yup, afraid so.

EDIT: It was on today, about 8 or 9.

Ah stop :( I love that movie :(

Oh is chuffed to bits with his car now that it works right :D

Mine is sitting forlorn in the drive wondering why I don't like it anymore :(

Don't stress it anyway they'll both probably be still for sale next Christmas ;)

Don't stress it anyway they'll both probably be still for sale next Christmas ;)

Haha, Why do rekon?

Haha, Why do rekon?
    That was a roundabout "Italian car joke...."

• Advertisement

That was a roundabout "Italian car joke...."

That fiat coupe probably will with those nasty fabric seats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Barry Barry

That fiat coupe probably will with those nasty fabric seats

An Italian sports car with no leather seats is like owning an Aston Martin Cygnet

Just wrong on so many levels..

An Italian sports car with no leather seats is like owning an Aston Martin Cygnet

Just wrong on so many levels..

Still an aston martin under the bonnet though.. :cool:

Still an aston martin under the bonnet though.. :cool:

Still ****ty fabric seats :)

I honestly think leather seats can add to a car and how it looks/feels

Still ****ty fabric seats :)

I honestly think leather seats can add to a car and how it looks/feels

Oh yes, I agree with you and barry barry (kinda) , but it wouldn't be the end off the world for me anyway not to have leather seats. :)

Just seen this on the alfa ad.
    The timing chain has been recently replaced at a cost of 900 euro.

After a quick google, I'm lead to believe that timing chains don't need to be replaced, so does that mean that this TC must have snapped, but then with only 44,000 miles I can't understand how it could have. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Timing chains do need replacing.

Ah really? cheer, that makes sense. I know now not to research anymore on google.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

I'm not sure I remember the last time I saw a car that has aged as badly as the Fiat Coupe. Christ that's one 80's looking 'sports' car, and not in the good retro way.

• Advertisement

With the engine?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement