Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Don't the tensioners and other gubbins need replacing from time to time?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

dar83 wrote: »
    I'm not sure I remember the last time I saw a car that has aged as badly as the Fiat Coupe. Christ that's one 80's looking 'sports' car, and not in the good retro way.

Really? There's an aqua marine colored one up my way looks great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Barry Barry

Still an aston martin under the bonnet though.. :cool:

Its got the same 1.3 engine thats available in the IQ.

There are much better cars to spend 30k on.

A friend of my mothers considered buying a Cygnet but choose an absolutely cracking Guiletta and had a fair amount of change left over.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Don't you need to own a real Aston to buy a Cygnet?

And yeah, it's just an IQ.

CianRyan wrote: »
    Don't you need to own a real Aston to buy a Cygnet?

And yeah, it's just an IQ.

What? :confused:

• Advertisement

What? :confused:

The only reason they brought it out was to meet CO2 regulations and to avoid plebs buying them they've made them exclusively available to owners of real Astons as a city car.
    No point in an exotic brand brining out a car for the people.

CianRyan wrote: »
    The only reason they brought it out was to meet CO2 regulations and to avoid plebs buying them they've made them exclusively available to owners of real Astons as a city car.
    No point in an exotic brand brining out a car for the people.

Its available to the public but according to Wikipedia;
    Sales will not be restricted; however, it is expected that demand from existing Aston Martin owners for Cygnet would initially take priority

I'm sure if someone walked into a showroom and waved £20k in a dealers face he'd have no problem selling them one! :p

I just done an online quote for insurance on a cygnet, €830! Thats about 100-ish more than what I pay on a 00 citroen xsara.
    For someone living in England wanting a small car with that budget they wouldn't be all that bad tbh..

Ah I see, that's how it is.
    Maybe it was a publicity thing when they first came out.
    One way to make a bit of noise about a boring car. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

MCMLXXV wrote: »

Really? There's an aqua marine colored one up my way looks great!
    That silver is a waste of a fiat coupe. First owner should have bought a blandmobile if silver was what he wanted. Fiat coupe should only come in blue, yellow,red. Great design IMO

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

langdang wrote: »
    That silver is a waste of a fiat coupe. First owner should have bought a blandmobile if silver was what he wanted. Fiat coupe should only come in blue, yellow,red. Great design IMO

It's not really silver, it's a very flippy (pearlescent) blue/green :)

Here's silver :(
    05-FI-IMG_1410sc.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Anyone know where I could pick up some license plate screw covers today?

Need two of them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Fitting this pipe is a right pain in the arse. At least I found that leak that was driving me mad!

Currently sipping tea, trying to boil a rubber hose to get it to slide on some metal tubes. A/C pipe to standard pipe. FML :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

driving down yheb n3 in cabra last night at 1 in the morning and saw a fully marked garda car get flashed by a garda speed camera van followed by heavy braking :)

I also have a pain in my arse with night shifts now. not worth it for destroying York soul til 5am. even the animals sleep at night ! so I have gone to another shop to do mornings only stating 11 and finishing at 5 ... see Ya !

but in saying that I'm gonna be looking for a full-time job now working normal working hours.

This thing looks like the real thing!

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C191561

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I though someone might be interested. I am building next model and this is part of the independable suspension with open diff assembled. Only 1 shock on each side too, but those are very hard shocks.
    I did not started assembling steering rack there. I bet it will be fun. 5 hours in and I still don't even have anything that would look like a car lol.
    image_zps331d4125.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Still an aston martin under the bonnet though.. :cool:

Nope, retuned Toyota engine under the bonnet. THe interior is all Aston though.

Marcusm wrote: »

W whopping 1.3 97 bhp lump :cool:

I'm sure if someone walked into a showroom and waved £20k in a dealers face he'd have no problem selling them one! :p

As the list price starts well above £30k, not sure waving £20k around would get you that much attention!

• Advertisement

As the list price starts well above £30k, not sure waving £20k around would get you that much attention!

Second hand they can be got for sub 20k!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Oh right, I wasn't aware of that...

I though someone might be interested. I am building next model and this is part of the independable suspension with open diff assembled. Only 1 shock on each side too, but those are very hard shocks.
    I did not started assembling steering rack there. I bet it will be fun. 5 hours in and I still don't even have anything that would look like a car lol.
    ]http://i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab36/Shadowhearth1/image_zps331d4125.jpg[/IMG]

Looks like a scorpion, cool all the same though, can't wait to see it finished. :p

Stolen from YLYL. Anyone have a guess to what this is about? :pac:

tumblr_mf9jf0U5dS1rwf1kno1_500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

Its a mite breezy down my way :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

You know you are a car nut when on a friday night you pass the chance to go drinking with mates so stay at home to eat 2 spice burgers with ketchup and aromat out of a bowl along with a can of your fav beer so you can save half the money for a rear diffuser and spend the next 1h looking up how to fit it.

In fairness the weather is pretty bad and i have to be up at half 7 so :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

You know you are a car nut when on a friday night you pass the chance to go drinking with mates so stay at home to eat 2 spice burgers with ketchup and aromat out of a bowl along with a can of your fav beer so you can save half the money for a rear diffuser and spend the next 1h looking up how to fit it.

In fairness the weather is pretty bad and i have to be up at half 7 so :p

Not quite in the same league, but I've got a new set of mats to fit tomorrow:D

I took off my Egr valve again yesterday, the plunger on the solenoid was stuck open. Car would barely move until it got above 2k rpm and then would take off like a scalded cat.

Now she's purring like a tractor again:p

I got this for christmas!
    Vurty excited.
    Anyone ever done this particular course?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

I got this for christmas!
    Vurty excited.
    Anyone ever done this particular course?

Never done it but I've been told the Sheane is a hoot to drive....

You'll enjoy it!

Speaking of race cars, I'm slowly moving into race mode now. Most of January will be spent either working the day job or in the workshop getting the car ready. Hoping to be ready by the end of the month and get out for a day in Feb.

• Advertisement

Ironically, page 156 of this thread has passed without a discussion (ie spat) of the merits of various Alfa Romeos. Will the same be true of pages 159 and 166 (personally, I thought the 164 was very attractive).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement