Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Marcusm wrote: »
    Ironically, page 156 of this thread has passed without a discussion (ie spat) of the merits of various Alfa Romeos. Will the same be true of pages 159 and 166 (personally, I thought the 164 was very attractive).

Page 59 here bud, you doing it wrong :pac:

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    I work there and may even be your instructor for the day :) Even though I work there it is a great experience and if you listen to your instructor you can learn quite a lot. Even if you don't its still lots of fun :pac:

Ha, brilliant!
    I've wanted to do it for ages, just never quite got around to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Saw a 2009 Focus ST around town last night. What's that like on emissions?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I work there and may even be your instructor for the day :) Even though I work there it is a great experience and if you listen to your instructor you can learn quite a lot. Even if you don't its still lots of fun :pac:

I'm going to look this up :)

Lethal

Where you been ?

having an extended xmas eating?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Stheno wrote: »
    Lethal

Where you been ?

having an extended xmas eating?

Going through a rough patch for the last few weeks plus extended xmas crap.

If it's lethal then I'd say it's very close to the highest tax bracket since it's 2009.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

There are some videos on Youtube of the school that are worth watching. There is one really good looking instructor that is in one or two of them :D
    Don't listen to him, ask for Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

224g

Ya don't want to listen to any those ITCC lads riff raff :pac:
    I actually can't argue with that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Wow a lot of inderviduel felty a4s around navan tonite.... White and black ruof, how original!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Barry Barry

dgt wrote: »
    Wow a lot of inderviduel felty a4s around navan tonite.... White and black ruof, how original!

theres a felted passat residing beside my own car now...

audi a5 wheels, bonnet bra, chrome mirrors...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Was looking at a felted 406 tonight with seat covers labelled with type r on them. They are overtaking golf's around these parts, even had a spoiler to roof height:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Was looking at a felted 406 tonight with seat covers labelled with type r on them. They are overtaking golf's around these parts, even had a spoiler to roof height:eek:

I love that! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Speaking of felters, I was behind a real S4 last night.
    That's a rare sight around here!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

CianRyan wrote: »
    Speaking of felters, I was behind a real S4 last night.
    That's a rare sight around here!

They're not the only ones thinking they're great, few locals that were born when was I thinking my teens tearing about in misbadged cars - quicksilver 106 with gti badges and alloys (looks the part), idiot driving what was a tidy 1.3 dx civic owned by his old lad from new covered with type r badges and the absolute cock driving a gx almera with gti bags and stupid HID fogs always on. My diesel hack would take them which is laughable. All but the civic if badged right would be respectable for a young guy without pretending.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

Lightening what has changed from the old course 1 to the new one, is it no longer a Mazda 3 you take for learning laps?
    I did it 2 years ago great fun

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

They're not the only ones thinking they're great, few locals that were born when was I thinking my teens tearing about in misbadged cars - quicksilver 106 with gti badges and alloys (looks the part), idiot driving what was a tidy 1.3 dx civic owned by his old lad from new covered with type r badges and the absolute cock driving a gx almera with gti bags and stupid HID fogs always on. My diesel hack would take them which is laughable. All but the civic if badged right would be respectable for a young guy without pretending.

The big thing around her these days seems to be rebadging standard Imprezas as STIs. Complete with wonky looking exhaust and no EJ20 grumble.
    If there's one sound you can't fake with a fart can it's a boxer. :p

This seems like a valid excuse to post another Kyary video.
    Hope you like it, MM. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Cheaper to tax the post 08 ST's than it is for us pre 08 owners...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Dartz

CianRyan wrote: »
    The big thing around her these days seems to be rebadging standard Imprezas as STIs. Complete with wonky looking exhaust and no EJ20 grumble.
    If there's one sound you can't fake with a fart can it's a boxer. :p

Am I the only person on the planet who think's it'd be hilarious to do the opposite.

Badge an STI as a conventional Impreza.
    Or a BMW M135i as a 116i or some boggo-spec car.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Got my new Galaxy Note 2 today! :D Has proper Voice Navigation too which makes it all the more sweet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Dartz wrote: »

Am I the only person on the planet who think's it'd be hilarious to do the opposite.

Badge an STI as a conventional Impreza.
    Or a BMW M135i as a 116i or some boggo-spec car.

I was nearly putting steelies and a 1.6 badge on a MK4 golf GTi at one stage...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Damien360

OSI wrote: »
    Took my GoPro out for a quick test drive earlier.

Not a great run, but it's enough for me to be convinced it's going to be a lot of fun! :D

Where is that mounted ? Not sure if it is the camera or you were pushing it but it looks quick for those roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Damien360

Similarly placed to the one on this photo,

It's basically as low as it will go without hanging it off the car. And yes, while I was pushing it in parts, the wide angle lens makes everything look much faster than it is.

Ah, not so good for parking country style so. Tow bar on back should be fine but camera on front might be an issue :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Similarly placed to the one on this photo,

camera_mounted.jpg

It's basically as low as it will go without hanging it off the car. And yes, while I was pushing it in parts, the wide angle lens makes everything look much faster than it is.

*2 lads in hoodies walking pass while OSI is stuck in the traffic:

-a jaysus lad, look at this! someone left perfectly good camera on that number plate!
    -aye LAD, just grab it. i wonder how much will we get for it in that cash4gold crackahole?
    -jaysus dont know, lad. here, hold me beer while i take that thing off!
    -lad, i think that batty boy in his TDI golf looks pissed. be fast with it and lets go!
    -aye, got it lad, lets go! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭gollywog

Non motor related but I broke up with the missus, sucks pretty bad :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭gollywog

Ah dude, that sucks. Sorry to hear, **** time of the year for it to.

On a bright motor related note though, less money spent on a girlfriend means more money to spend on the true (pink) soulmate in your life :D

Cheers man.
    Ya its horrible timing but had to be done...

Yes, pinky will be gettin new rims and tyres next!

The course is still quite similar except you now drive more. The instructors no longer drive the Mazda 3`s.
    I enjoyed being driven around at the start, I did that course a good few years ago, the rovers were there at the time

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

gollywog wrote: »
    Cheers man.
    Ya its horrible timing but had to be done...

Yes, pinky will be gettin new rims and tyres next!

You will have to play with pinky now ;)

Sorry:o

Edit: had to post on page 159 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

Haha, if they can get through two bolts, and a cable tie before I crush their legs, they're welcome to it. Besides, it'll only live down there for "runs" such as track days etc. Most of it's time will spent on the other side of the windscreen.

I got one of these for mounting mine in the car.

http://www.cruisecam.com/products.html

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Think someone on Bimmerforums just got a GoPro-3 for Christmas, he posted this:

V12's sound good even when doing nothing. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Barry Barry

^
    Sweet baby Jesus :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement