Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

Gary ITR wrote: »
    I enjoyed being driven around at the start, I did that course a good few years ago, the rovers were there at the time

I enjoyed the driving around part was good to see how it's done, went back down and took a spin in that 2 seater car, looks like a radical was worth the €50 for the spin!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

OSI wrote: »
    Sounds rather nice alright!

That's actually one aspect that is a minor let down on the GoPro, the mic isn't the best. But then, it's not likely to be, and most of the stuff you'd be doing aren't sound dependent anyway.

It sounds better than my Canon G9 (or iPhone!) at the low frequency pickup but of course not perfect. Can you rig an external mic into it? Is there a specific type of mic thats good for exhaust type noises? Also how much do EV's suck, we wont be posting/recording sound clips in the future.. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

gollywog wrote: »
    Non motor related but I broke up with the missus, sucks pretty bad :(

Manly side hug. It sucks now, but maybe it's a new beginning.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Matt Simis wrote: »

It sounds better than my Canon G9 (or iPhone!) at the low frequency pickup but of course not perfect. Can you rig an external mic into it? Is there a specific type of mic thats good for exhaust type noises? Also how much do EV's suck, we wont be posting/recording sound clips in the future.. :pac:

A condenser mic is the job for single loud noise like an exhaust or a guitar amp.
    A Shure SM57 would be a good job but I'm not sure if it could be plugged into a GoPro though. :p
    Or what it is though, the mic on the 3 is pretty decent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Quick question people: anyone know why it's dearer to vrt an older diesel car than a newer diesel car?

Eg:

406 SLDT open market value 2000 vrt 520
    Punto multijet open market 2000 vrt 281

Roughly same mileage...

• Advertisement

dgt wrote: »
    Quick question people: anyone know why it's dearer to vrt an older diesel car than a newer diesel car?

Eg:

406 SLDT open market value 2000 vrt 520
    Punto multijet open market 2000 vrt 281

Roughly same mileage...

Emissions?

I always saw it as the more desireable the car and more eco friendly it is etc the more the vrt. Was shocked to see how much it was for the 406, those cars are barely worth the vrt price!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

It is not worth VRTing anything over 10 years old. I got a quote of 700 to VRT something not worth 500.

Seems like they just want to discourage people from importing older stuff.... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

CianRyan wrote: »

A condenser mic is the job for single loud noise like an exhaust or a guitar amp.
    A Shure SM57 would be a good job but I'm not sure if it could be plugged into a GoPro though. :p
    Or what it is though, the mic on the 3 is pretty decent.

Yeah you could get a 3.5mm jack to female XLR to connect the mic to the camera, if you were using a condenser mic you'd need one that could take a battery as generally a condenser mic needs phantom power!
    A mic like the Sennhieser ME66 would be ideal!

• Advertisement

finished building Lego supercar. took about 16-18 hours! :eek:

not going to annoy people with pics again, but ill leave link to the thread. :o

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=82422784#post82422784

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

finished building Lego supercar. took about 16-18 hours! :eek:

not going to annoy people with pics again, but ill leave link to the thread. :o

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=82422784#post82422784

Fair play. :) I love the "V8 yes please" part :D.

Fair play. :) I love the "V8 yes please" part :D.

loved the set. would love to buy one more just for parts.

I think i opened pandora box here... i got only one set to build and i am already looking for next set to buy :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

You can drive that supercar to the next meet :)

Maybe i shouldn't have skulled that 750ml Duvel i found looking lonely in my fridge :p

loved the set. would love to buy one more just for parts.

I think i opened pandora box here... i got only one set to build and i am already looking for next set to buy :(.

Not so bad. :) I also enjoyed reading this post. :D

Is that punto on the road yet boy hah ? :pac:

aye, shop was huge stuffed with shiety i would not even get my child to breath on. gone to second floor and lego section was tiny as feck, but guess what, about 90% on shops customers where in there... :rolleyes:

anyway: so damn tempted!

http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B005KIQ32Q/ref=s9_simh_gw_p21_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=A1X6FK5RDHNB96&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=03CWCKYCBB89CZGJ8FNS&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=312233167&pf_rd_i=405320

You can drive that supercar to the next meet :)

Maybe i shouldn't have skulled that 750ml Duvel i found looking lonely in my fridge :p

you know what is really really ironic? It has a huge feck off spoiler which comes up when you activate motor with certain switch possition! :pac:

Is that punto on the road yet boy hah ? :pac:

No. :( I feel sad to see it roaring for the road though.

No. :( I feel sad to see it roaring for the road though.

You better fix this before the next meet ya fecker or im gonna have to give you a lift and when i tear off the mammy will not approve :pac:

• Advertisement

you know what is really really ironic? It has a huge feck off spoiler which comes up when you activate motor with certain switch possition! :pac:

When you gonna put of some pics of the non hand cannon exhaust on the scooby hah boi ? :pac:

Edit: This album is awesome when you are twisted drunk, best 18 quid ever

You better fix this before the next meet ya fecker or im gonna have to give you a lift and when i tear off the mammy will not approve :pac:

Hahaha. I can only imagine... :pac:

Edit: This album is awesome when you are twisted drunk, best 18 quid ever

Bushmills isn't fooling me.. :p

Went on the 12 pub crawl there last week with afew buddies, decided as we were 30 minutes behind to go on the double powers and swithwicks

First pub : Wow the Swithwicks really compliments the aftertaste of the whiskey

Sixth pub ; Wooooooooooooooooo drink

Aaaaaaaaand then home :p

By the way gang, is it me or petrol nicely goes south to 1.50eu territory lately? nice change for a change...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Diesel has been sub 150 in many places for a while now.

Petrol is 1.59 again. :(

It's odd not too long ago petrol was 1.64 in galway/tuam and i got it at the same stage for 1.54 between castlebar/westport its now 1.55 for E5 in Tuam, would be nice to see it balance out for a year or so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Its crazy the variance of prices. Topaz Howth Rd 164.9, A few of the petrol stations around kimnage were 155.9

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

MarkMc wrote: »
    Its crazy the variance of prices. Topaz Howth Rd 164.9, A few of the petrol stations around kimnage were 155.9

The denizens of Clontarf can afford to pay more than those of Kimmage (according to Monopoly anyway)?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement