Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I hope boys at top wont decide t bring us to the new normal of 1.80eu with few additional taxes.

Still though, I wonder what's the story with it, why it dropped so nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Saw petrol for €1.52/ltr somewhere on my drive back from Mayo this morning, can't remember where though! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

My understanding is that the price of petrol is coming down because the US dollar is getting weaker relative to the euro and oil prices are always sold in USD per barrel.

I wasn't going to say anything though incase it gets jinxed:p It's like saying the weather is nice :pac:

Also my Maxol in Harrolds Cross in the cheapest in Dublin at the moment:D:D:D 155.5

• Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Saw petrol for €1.52/ltr somewhere on my drive back from Mayo this morning, can't remember where though! :o

It's 1.51/1.52 in mayo atm

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

It's 1.51/1.52 in mayo atm

Has to be something good about Mayo in fairness! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 634 ✭✭✭cabb8ge

Matt Simis wrote: »
    Strange, as in the language we all speak we call that a contest. :p

Thank you for the information, sometime I not good with context :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Fella's if I was buying suspension components for a 156, would MicksGarage be the place to buy 'em or is there anywhere else you would recommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

I'm sure the mechanic doing the work could get them for less if you ask for the breakdown of the quote and compare.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I'm sure the mechanic doing the work could get them for less if you ask for the breakdown of the quote and compare.

Definitely go through a mechanic, some of the suspension parts have four different part numbers depending on the car, they need to be matched to your engine chassis, no point you picking up stuff, and the mechanic finding them wrong.

Let the mechanic deal with it.

Have you done the NCT so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

snow! Well sleet actually :pp

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

dgt wrote: »
    snow! Well sleet actually :pp

Let it stay away from North Dublin.

I don't want to be housebound :(

Stheno wrote: »
    Let it stay away from North Dublin.

I don't want to be housebound :(

I'm sure it won't come to that! Maybe this is the snow that was predicted for last month? :pac:

Low pros, low yellow car is what served me in the snow. I went places people didn't dare go :p

I'm prepared this time, the french car has winters :eek:

I'm sure it won't come to that! Maybe this is the snow that was predicted for last month? :pac:

Low pros, low yellow car is what served me in the snow. I went places people didn't dare go :p

I'm prepared this time, the french car has winters :eek:

I'm on crutches and unable to drive.

The fecking crutches are lethal on smooth/slippy surfaces.

My car is crying everytime I pass it by

I'm on crutches and unable to drive.

The fecking crutches are lethal on smooth/slippy surfaces.

My car is crying everytime I pass it by

Ouch! :( get well soon :)

I know the feeling, I couldn't drive my car for about a week due to the power steering issue. I missed driving it, even though it's not a pleasureable driving car....

Ouch! :( get well soon :)

I know the feeling, I couldn't drive my car for about a week due to the power steering issue. I missed driving it, even though it's not a pleasureable driving car....

I haven't driven for about ten weeks :(

I hate my car as it's a fecker with it's low suspension when you've a knackered leg.

I haven't driven for about ten weeks :(

I hate my car as it's a fecker with it's low suspension when you've a knackered leg.

I know the feeling, I've given up the low profiles and lowered car scene for now. Even the momos couldn't make things comfortable when driving on rough surfaces!

I know the feeling, I've given up the low profiles and lowered car scene for now. Even the momos couldn't make things comfortable when driving on rough surfaces!

Momos as in the seats?

most uncomfortable passenger seats i've sat in.

Grand to drive in.

Momos as in the seats?

most uncomfortable passenger seats i've sat in.

Grand to drive in.

Yep, 156 leather momos :) when not driving, a grand place to be :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Barry Barry

no-image-large.gif

The hole in the passenger side of the dash in this pic was put there to make the Ssangyong Korando easier to convert to LHD

Clever Ssangyong is clever

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

My auld fella had to buy wipers for the first time since 1992.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

My auld fella had to buy wipers for the first time since 1992.

Holy molie, What car has he now?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Holy molie, What car has he now?

Not the same car ill wager!

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Not the same car ill wager!

I was thinking that.

A 2010 Scirocco. Long he's had a car in the last 20 years was 4 years.

92 Vectra
    95 Vectra Diamond
    98 Vectra
    01 Passat base
    04 Passat Comfort
    06 Passat Comfort
    10 Scirocco.

Alllll 1.6 petrols bar the Scirocco which is the 1.4 tsi 122.

All probably the best value second hand car you'd get, all absolutely immaculate, well serviced and max mileage probably 20 k miles.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

All probably the best value second hand car you'd get, all absolutely immaculate, well serviced and max mileage probably 20 k miles.

What's one of those worth? I quite like them.

92 Vectra
    95 Vectra Diamond
    98 Vectra
    01 Passat base
    04 Passat Comfort
    06 Passat Comfort
    10 Scirocco.

Ah I see, But are the wipers a common problem with the Scirocco.? Still a lovely car either way.. :)

colm_mcm wrote: »

What's one of those worth? I quite like them.

Not sure. Haven't looked but they seem to have a very good resale value, plus his in in a good cokour. Hed probably buy a new one if they changed it but its pretty much the exact same since 08 bar the interior, and you can't get the R line in rising blue.

The shed is tightly packed with vintage stuff too so no room to expand their either, lol.

Ah I see, But are the wipers a common problem with the Scirocco.? Still a lovely car either way.. :)

No, its just they're three years old and last winter took a bit out of them!

No, its just they're three years old and last winter took a bit out of them!

Ah right, well at least this winter isn't as bad. Although, it did snow a little up this way. But didn't stick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

92 Vectra
    95 Vectra Diamond
    98 Vectra
    01 Passat base
    04 Passat Comfort
    06 Passat Comfort
    10 Scirocco.

It's anyone's guess what he'll buy next.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement