Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

Stopped running 3 year ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

RoverJames wrote: »
    Stopped running 3 year ago.

RJ's boards join date: 2009....coincidence? I think not! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

What's the story with leaving an insurance policy during the term does anyone know? I just rang Axa and tried to get a quote on this MG ZR 160 but they completely refused to quote. Does one lose the years NCD if the year isn't finished?

They gave me a quote on a 120 which was an extra 79euro (until April).

I also asked if they offered any cover for test driving cars and she said they don't offer that service and suggested that the person selling the car should add the buyer to their policy! She even said that they don't allow test driving with the "driving other cars" clause, but I don't have that anyway because they took it away for under 25's. Not sure how they would prove that last one though.

In comparsion, the liberty online system is quoting me €860.72 TPFT on the ZR160 and refuses to quote the ZR120!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

any motors heads up for this? ill be there!
    http://www.hellandback.ie/

Want to borrow a quad:D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Actually, I really need to aim for something like this. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Michael tynan motors just sent me an email to come to their open weekend on the 24 + 25 november to see the 2013 kia range with free refeeshments etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Harcrid

Yeah I'll be giving this a lash. Did the Killarney adventure race in October and loved it so this is next on my list.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

I'm registered for this too. Haven't done one before so its possible it could all end in tears but no harm in trying. Herself is doing it too...I needed someone to help me along:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

pred racer wrote: »
    Want to borrow a quad:D

They'd only make ya pull it or carry it, while wearing barbed wire underpants by the sounds of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Michael tynan motors just sent me an email to come to their open weekend on the 24 + 25 november to see the 2013 kia range with free refeeshments etc.

So it's like... Get shiet faced so Kia becomes more attractive? Same way like it goes with woman? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Aswell as playing soldier I do this twice a year

I'm grand, thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭gollywog

OSI wrote: »

Not a fan I'm afraid, in saying that, wheels often look very different up close than they do in the pics, so I'll reserve judgement till I see them at a meet :D (speaking of, when's the next one?)

I'm seriously tempted to get a set of Edition 30 alloys, or at least similar ones. Preferably in gunmetal grey. The Monzas are starting to look a little ragged. Such a shame, they're stunning new, but are just ridiculously easy to tarnish, and they never look right afterwards.

volkswagen-golf-2-0t-gti-edition-30-5dr-2812704-4.jpg

How much would you want for the monzas?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

As has often been said here, you can't have nice things in Ireland. Some bastard scraped the left side of my back bumper down to the primer. About 4inches long in 3separate scrapes. They left lovely red paint on it too. Spent 2hours trying to hunt down someone at the gym where it happened that knew about any cameras, of course no one did. But there is a camera pointing almost directly at where my car was parked on the inside of a building across and the manager is hopefully gonna ring me this evening with good news. No note left or anything, I'll take the bastard down if I catch them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

Was out walking the dogs the other day and the parking area was prone to a few car break ins lately. Saw one car with this notice on the window.

2012-11-18155812.jpg

Bless, written by a pretty clueless person if they think that a note like that would have any meaning to these scumbags..in fact they'd be more likely to smash the window on purpose if they saw that IMO.

As has often been said here, you can't have nice things in Ireland. Some bastard scraped the left side of my back bumper down to the primer. About 4inches long in 3separate scrapes. They left lovely red paint on it too. Spent 2hours trying to hunt down someone at the gym where it happened that knew about any cameras, of course no one did. But there is a camera pointing almost directly at where my car was parked on the inside of a building across and the manager is hopefully gonna ring me this evening with good news. No note left or anything, I'll take the bastard down if I catch them!

Shameless :mad:

A nice feeling when you catch them ;)

Was out walking the dogs the other day and the parking area was prone to a few car break ins lately. Saw one car with this notice on the window.

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w112/RPMotors/2012-11-18155812.jpg

Bless, written by a pretty clueless person if they think that a note like that would have any meaning to these scumbags..in fact they'd be more likely to smash the window on purpose if they saw that IMO.

Slane?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

dgt wrote: »
    Slane?

Nope...Clogherhead.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Lol... I saw this last year around galway...

Dg3X4.jpg

There's some rather 'special' people out there :pac:

quick one.

want to get floor mats for the cr-v that are exact fit.

micksgarage don't have them for the year.

anyone know where to get them ? or Honda dealer only job ?

because it's automatic the floor goes around the whole front . I.e. no gear stick or handbrake on ground. just space

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

There was a site posted here a few days ago for custom made mats, weren't to expensive either. Can't remember it though.

• Advertisement

CianRyan wrote: »
    There was a site posted here a few days ago for custom made mates, weren't to expensive either. Can't remember it though.

eh cheers....

I'm on the phone now but I'll check it later at home

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

CianRyan wrote: »
    There was a site posted here a few days ago for custom made mates, weren't to expensive either. Can't remember it though.

Can't find friends of your own Cian?? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

OSI wrote: »
    Anyone know what the story is with autostadt.ie? I'm getting fed up with signing up to this "administrator approval" forums, only to never get approved for them. If you're going to have an approval system, you need to make the bloody effort to admin it properly.

I tried joining 2-3 months ago, got no admin approval.

Either make it automatic or get off your ass tbh :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

A bit useless on it's own I know. Sorry. :p

I had a quick look myself but nothing turned up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Dartz

Lol... I saw this last year around galway...

There's some rather 'special' people out there :pac:

5sjKN.jpg

I want this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Spotted this and thought people would get a small laugh.

Check out how smooth the front 'wheel' is

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4213474

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I'll be washing my hair :)

Exercise is not good for you.

Someone I know has a notice on their dashboard saying "If you steal this car, burn it, I don't want it back!"

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w112/RPMotors/2012-11-18155812.jpg

dgt wrote: »
    Slane?

Not a bad idea for Slane too.

We kept getting done down by Stackallen Bridge and on Slane Bridge itself.

They fleeced a locked van whilst some of the lads were standing down on the bank no more than 10 metres from the van !

It's nuts around there

• Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

yAPD4eIuvEq3wrgTJwOc5g2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

yAPD4eIuvEq3wrgTJwOc5g2.jpg

What's happened?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement