Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

OSI wrote: »
    I said "a 2 liter turbo", "oh a 2 liter tdi? Nice." [angry face] "Errr, no. Petrol."

I get the same thing. When I say petrol they look at me as though I have four arses instead of a face :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

OSI wrote: »
    See, if I waved at every "GTI" I'd just be insulting myself, lowering her to the level of a tarted up TDI.

Was quite disturbing how annoyed I got when someone asked what engine was in my car last night, I said "a 2 liter turbo", "oh a 2 liter tdi? Nice." [angry face] "Errr, no. Petrol."

Someone once spotted me and apparently waved ( both stopped at lights) I was in lala land and never even noticed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

I get the same thing. When I say petrol they look at me as though I have four arses instead of a face :pac:

I used to get it with the golf, and once with the pug.

Oddly, never happened with the Supra.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Barry Barry

i like it no spoiler! :pac:

_DSC1737.jpg

_DSC1663-1_zpsf20420d8.jpg

Man, that looks like when you get a haircut and when your looking the mirror in the barbers thinking 'damn i'm ****ing ugly'

Not that your car is ugly, its ****ing sexah!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

Im supposed to be going up north for new year, but the brake pad wear warning light came on on christmas eve, ive ordered 2 different sets off the net but im not hopeful of any of them arriving tomorrow. (the motorfactors just laughed at me and told me Id have them by the 4th at the earliest, more probably the 7th:mad:)
    I'm going to take off the front wheels tomorrow and see how much is left on the pads. If they are well down, ill be staying at home for new year:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

hopefully they'll be ok pred :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

pred racer wrote: »
    Im supposed to be going up north for new year, but the brake pad wear warning light came on on christmas eve, ive ordered 2 different sets off the net but im not hopeful of any of them arriving tomorrow. (the motorfactors just laughed at me and told me Id have them by the 4th at the earliest, more probably the 7th:mad:)
    I'm going to take off the front wheels tomorrow and see how much is left on the pads. If they are well down, ill be staying at home for new year:rolleyes:

If it's any good, I will probably be at home for new years eve. As I'm dosed. :( New years is over rated anyway. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Ronnie Beck

What car? If it's a VAG they'll be good til next christmas

Alfa 159 :eek:

Stheno wrote: »
    hopefully they'll be ok pred :)

I hope so! I wont be going back to that motorfactors anyway, yer man got such a laugh outta me wanting car parts in a motorfactors that I called him a usless fat ****! He wasnt happy;)
    If it's any good, I will probably be at home for new years eve. As I'm dosed. :( New years is over rated anyway. :pac:
    ill leave a bottle for you in sligo if I get on the road:)
    Alfa 159. Im hoping its a very early indicator.

• Advertisement

Maybe it's your car having an alfa moment and randomly deciding to display it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Ronnie Beck

Pull off the wheel for a look. They're usually early warnings.

The least of your worries trying to get home in an alfa ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

ill leave a bottle for you in sligo if I get on the road:).

Bushmills will do. ;)

Stheno wrote: »
    Maybe it's your car having an alfa moment and randomly deciding to display it?

Afraid not, it comes on every time I touch the brakes:o
    Pull off the wheel for a look. They're usually early warnings.

The least of your worries trying to get home in an alfa ;)

Sure ya dont need brakes if it wont start:p

Btw google maps says its 3 hrs 51 mins from my house to killybegs,

With alfa power its 3 hrs exactly:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Decided to go to Tesco to grab some jellies, ended up driving the back roads to Blessington, City West and Saggart for an hour before I got to tesco.
    These things just happen. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

Btw google maps says its 3 hrs 51 mins from my house to killybegs,

With alfa power its 3 hrs exactly:D

Even faster with no brakes :pac:

Bushmills will do. ;)

Ah balls, all I have is jameson:D
    Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    Even faster with no brakes :pac:

Yep, record time to the T-junction at the end of my road:cool:

Well I took off the wheels this morning, brake pads ok, nearly gone on passenger side but they will do until I get a new set.
    But one of my front tyres was down to the wire on the inside edge:eek:
    <10k miles on those tyres.
    Tracking was way out on that wheel, it was done when the new tyres were put on.

1 new bridgestone turanza, €135
    Tracking and balancing €0 (under the mates rates scheme:D)
    An expensive morning!
    Heading to derry now for an expensive night:p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Went for a 'quick' spin with the camera on Saturday down the coastal roads by Charlesfort, Kinsale and beyond. For about 75% of the driving I was stuck behind ridiculously slow drivers but for the other 25% it was amazing. Nothing better than chucking the car into the corners down country roads :D Not a good thing to be doing in a car you know youre selling soon!

It was a strange day with pouring rain for many parts with the odd 10minute window of pure calm and warm sun. Brought the complete wrong lens with me though so the photography side if things was forgotten mostly :(

148972_512127225484642_808508720_n.jpg

307578_512127118817986_1493044132_n.jpg

540915_512127215484643_2117502587_n.jpg

Dont know how these fellas do it, some balls!
    63738_512127248817973_1450118262_n.jpg

578035_512127285484636_234483136_n.jpg

Old-Head of Kinsale
    282924_512127475484617_852095320_n.jpg

550988_512127508817947_1911180693_n.jpg

268010_512127555484609_1695494122_n.jpg

542113_512127558817942_1142396793_n.jpg

Never came across this before but looks like a super idea. Popup booster seats for kids built into the back seat of the car. So simple but so effective.

This car has them.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4349868

• Advertisement

Never came across this before but looks like a super idea. Popup booster seats for kids built into the back seat of the car. So simple but so effective.

This car has them.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4349868

Thinking of selling the Levin, interested in baby seats in a Volvo... Some one has a little explaining to do. :pac:

CianRyan wrote: »
    Thinking of selling the Levin, interested in baby seats in a Volvo... Some one has a little explaining to do. :pac:

***cough cough** no explaining to do :o:p

Just thought it was a good idea is all!!

The Levin will be staying with me for a good long while I think. Must book an NCT for it now actually because I want to get it done in the last week in January because I have a break then after the exams before starting back in college :rolleyes:

Speaking of NCT, my retest is in a few days. I'm gonna put more water in the whipper jets before I forget.

Speaking of NCT, my retest is in a few days. I'm gonna put more water in the whipper jets before I forget.

Good lad for reminding me! Mine is out too, ill go and do that now while I think of it.

They're ****es for the little things like that. Haha

Someone just flew up my road in a turbo Colt, it sounded absolutely deadly.

They're ****es for the little things like that. Haha

Someone just flew up my road in a turbo Colt, it sounded absolutely deadly.

Is your washer bottle still leaking or did you get a new one?
    I haven't been able to wash my window since christmas day. The thing is like frosted glass at the moment! I just keep forgetting to fill it :rolleyes:
    At least it's done now.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭barney 20v

Spent a few hours with Wexford sports and classic car club yesterday... Just a post Xmas run out. Few nice cars though.

Is your washer bottle still leaking or did you get a new one?
    I haven't been able to wash my window since christmas day. The thing is like frosted glass at the moment! I just keep forgetting to fill it :rolleyes:
    At least it's done now.

Sorted now but it was corroded lines and blocked jets in the end.
    One of them is shooting about a meter past the end of the car, I should probably adjust that. :p

Washer fluid too actually, water alone isn't budging the filth.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

barney 20v wrote: »
    Spent a few hours with Wexford sports and classic car club yesterday... Just a post Xmas run out. Few nice cars though.

SCOOBY! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

SCOOBY! :pac:

You're only excited because you can't see the spoiler, living in hope there are more spoilerless Scoobys out there :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement