Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

So do you live near Brittas then? I'm down that way a fair but so I must keep an eye out.

This is what I want for it next

View2-15674514.jpeg

But unfortunately they are in Kerry. Also now that the clutch has started slipping I'll be spending the money on that instead :rolleyes:

Other than the wheels and the BZR spoiler it's a completely standard BZG afaik :)

CianRyan wrote: »
    .............now if only I could get a bloody job.

You might have more luck with a car on the road, net can be cast wider etc etc etc :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    So do you live near Brittas then? I'm down that way a fair but so I must keep an eye out.

This is what I want for it next

View2-15674514.jpeg

But unfortunately they are in Kerry. Also now that the clutch has started slipping I'll be spending the money on that instead :rolleyes:

Other than the wheels and the BZR spoiler it's a completely standard BZG afaik :)

yeah, just on the edge of arklow town :) i crashed my peugeot 106 back when i was young and stupid a little further up the road from where those pics are taken.

you needn't worry about them being in kerry, those wheels seem to come up often enough and at not too bad money either, sub €100 most of the time, just hard to find a set without whiteworm.

yours is a 5 speed then is it? clutch kit shouldn't cost the earth, i wouldn't worry too much :)

Confab wrote: »
    ..................the older model 2002 and newer model 2003 Accord 2l petrol. The top spec, obviously. .............

Newer model without question, the up to 2002 model looks dated as hell in comparison and there's nothing to worry about with the new model anyway bug wise in petrol guise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

RoverJames wrote: »
    You might have more luck with a car on the road, net can be cast wider etc etc etc :)

+1

Very true. But also it looks good on a CV. It shows your independent, also that your willing to work hard to keep the car on the road. and also a Full Clean licence for x amount of years shows you in a good light. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Fast food delivery Cian?

yeah, just on the edge of arklow town :) i crashed my peugeot 106 back when i was young and stupid a little further up the road from where those pics are taken.

you needn't worry about them being in kerry, those wheels seem to come up often enough and at not too bad money either, sub €100 most of the time, just hard to find a set without whiteworm.

yours is a 5 speed then is it? clutch kit shouldn't cost the earth, i wouldn't worry too much :)

No mine's a 6 speed. From a quick search it looks like a clutch will be about €125ish but i'm not sure.

Do those wheels come up that much? I've been looking (but not very hard) for a set for about 3 months and i've only seen three sets come up (none with all the center caps:rolleyes:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

That it, I've been looking further afield but I'm starting to think I may have to look outside of Dublin at this rate.
    MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Fast food delivery Cian?

I've asked a few places and they've said I need my full licence.
    By this day next month I may just be applicable. :)

No mine's a 6 speed. From a quick search it looks like a clutch will be about €125ish but i'm not sure.

Do those wheels come up that much? I've been looking (but not very hard) for a set for about 3 months and i've only seen three sets come up (none with all the center caps:rolleyes:)

thats not so bad, i dont think the labour time on them is huge. i got the clutch done in the (totally different) 6 speed box in my SR corolla and the indy labour only came to €80 afaik.

i think the set in kerry your looking at were actually sold just a day or two ago to a fella on T.O.C. for roughly €100. another set on the same site was for sale a long time in mayo and sold for something stupid like €60 although they were painted white. are you a member on T.O.C?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

I've asked a few places and they've said I need my full licence.
    By this day next month I may just be applicable. :)

My advice on Fast Food Delivery is, if you're going to do it, stick to somewhere like Dominos. Also, work it out money wise. Our drivers are on €4.50 p/h plus €1.50 per delivery. I always made decent tips when I delivered, but if youre working on quiet nights you can struggle to make ends meet. Lots of mileage, lots of petrol, lots of tyres, lots of wear. Sorry if I sound a bit negative, just when I worked it out, a lot of weeks I was making sweet fa for lots of work. Where ya based Cian?

• Advertisement

MarkMc wrote: »
    My advice on Fast Food Delivery is, if you're going to do it, stick to somewhere like Dominos. Also, work it out money wise. Our drivers are on €4.50 p/h plus €1.50 per delivery. I always made decent tips when I delivered, but if youre working on quiet nights you can struggle to make ends meet. Lots of mileage, lots of petrol, lots of tyres, lots of wear. Sorry if I sound a bit negative, just when I worked it out, a lot of weeks I was making sweet fa for lots of work. Where ya based Cian?

Yikes! You'd want to be driving quick enough to get enough pizzas out, I guess that's the incentive though.
    Seeing as it's a low income job I guess it'd be possible to still draw welfare (legally! There's a limit you can still draw until), even though I'd rather not.

I'm in Tallaght, there're plenty of fast food places around that are usually looking for drivers. Saying that, with a satnav to help I'd work anywhere in Dublin.

...... even though I'd rather not...........

I'd claim whatever I was entitled to Cian :)
    I don't know the ins and outs of what that would be entitled to but if you get a start doing something and it involves still claiming SW to an extent it wouldn't bother me in the slightest.

thats not so bad, i dont think the labour time on them is huge. i got the clutch done in the (totally different) 6 speed box in my SR corolla and the indy labour only came to €80 afaik.

i think the set in kerry your looking at were actually sold just a day or two ago to a fella on T.O.C. for roughly €100. another set on the same site was for sale a long time in mayo and sold for something stupid like €60 although they were painted white. are you a member on T.O.C?

That is cheap for labour alright but i'll do it myself sure how hard can it be:pac: (I am pretty handy though)

I'm not a member there but i am on ClubAE111. If you do see a set of those wheels come up in Leinster would you tell me :p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭barney 20v

I had a set of those that I sprayed white before....http://i466.photobucket.com/albums/rr25/barneyae111/DSCF0606.jpg

tbh, most places are cash in hand ;)

Just something to bear in mind. Your insurance won't cover you to deliver food (in 99% of cases), so if a Guard wanted to do you for it, they could. It's unlikely though, I was driving home in my uniform the other day, stopped at a checkpoint, Guard saw the t-shirt had a quick friendly chat and wished me well. (Dominos do sort top up insurance for their drivers though afaik, you also have the busiest Dominos in the world on your doorstep)

Hope this helps and good luck with the search.

Also, although we're not looking for anyone at the moment, we may be soon (Dublin 18). You'd need your full licence though, so feel free to drop me a PM when ya have it (if you're interested and still looking for something) and I may be able to get you a few hours to tide you over.

I'd claim whatever I was entitled to Cian :)
    I don't know the ins and outs of what that would be entitled to but if you get a start doing something and it involves still claiming SW to an extent it wouldn't bother me in the slightest.

Don't get me wrong, if I'm entitled to something, I'll have it! :pac:
    There's just nothing I hate more than joining the queue once a month.
    I'd honestly be SO happy to sit in a boring office from 9-5 instead, at least that way I can dress snazzy and actually make plans weeks in advance. My last run of jobs have all been shift work, knowing your hours a week before they come up is such crap.

MarkMc wrote: »
    tbh, most places are cash in hand ;)

Just something to bear in mind. Your insurance won't cover you to deliver food (in 99% of cases), so if a Guard wanted to do you for it, they could. It's unlikely though, I was driving home in my uniform the other day, stopped at a checkpoint, Guard saw the t-shirt had a quick friendly chat and wished me well. (Dominos do sort top up insurance for their drivers though afaik, you also have the busiest Dominos in the world on your doorstep)

Hope this helps and good luck with the search.

Also, although we're not looking for anyone at the moment, we may be soon (Dublin 18). You'd need your full licence though, so feel free to drop me a PM when ya have it (if you're interested and still looking for something) and I may be able to get you a few hours to tide you over.

Haha, I've no problem with cash in hand work. :p

Cheers for the advice, man. If I'm not working by then I'll definitely throw you a message. :)

Haha, I've no problem with cash in hand work. :p

Cheers for the advice, man. If I'm not working by then I'll definitely throw you a message. :)

Definitely do, I know its a bit far from you. Its a fairly busy store lately though so you can earn some good cash. And without this descending into racism, we'd like some young Irish Drivers, the customers seem to dislike the guys we have and they earn no tips. Its not really a race thing, more a language and attitude barrier.

........... My last run of jobs have all been shift work, knowing your hours a week before they come up is such crap.

I used to do shift work years ago, really loved it, we knew what days and nights we'd be working the full year in advance though, and the next year too if you were that bothered :)

Not actually having visibility on what days or nights you'd be working would be a pain in the arse though.

That is cheap for labour alright but i'll do it myself sure how hard can it be:pac: (I am pretty handy though)

I'm not a member there but i am on ClubAE111. If you do see a set of those wheels come up in Leinster would you tell me :p:D

i'd be handy too but i wouldn't fancy doing a clutch in my front yard :pac: i'l keep you in mind if i should see a set for sale. you should join up on TOC yourself, its a very good site :) particularly if you ever need spares.
    barney 20v wrote: »
    I had a set of those that I sprayed white before....http://i466.photobucket.com/albums/rr25/barneyae111/DSCF0606.jpg
    they look good it has to be said, a pig to keep clean id say though? what happened to the caps?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭barney 20v

i'd be handy too but i wouldn't fancy doing a clutch in my front yard :pac: i'l keep you in mind if i should see a set for sale. you should join up on TOC yourself, its a very good site :) particularly if you ever need spares.

they look good it has to be said, a pig to keep clean id say though? what happened to the caps?
    I sprayed them as well, just had them off as IMHO it looked more aggressive.
    I really miss that car

Your probably right i should just join sure what harm would it be :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Barry Barry

Just saw a 'euro style' MK3 Gold whilst out. Had sign on the back saying 'in rust we trust'

haha

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Lads, does the car have to be very clean for nct? I heard someone they failed car fr being dirty...

Now my car is not as dirty, that you need to take a cloth and take mud of it to show number plate. It's just dirty from this season time. Am I being paranoid? Or I better jump into nearest car wash ( I know know MM will stab me )

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Should be fine if it's just a small bit of road dirt.

Well it's in anyway. I fecking hate this part. Very stressful 20 minutes now! :(

Somehow I don't have much confidence :(. Mechanic looked at it a good month ago. A lot of potholes and crap in that month :(. He is not back till 8th I think too.

Well it's in anyway. I fecking hate this part. Very stressful 20 minutes now! :(

Somehow I don't have much confidence :(. Mechanic looked at it a good month ago. A lot of potholes and crap in that month :(. He is not back till 8th I think too.

Best of luck :)

**** yeah!!!!! Going back home!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

**** yeah!!!!! Going back home!!!

That doesn't really get across whether the car passed or not...I'm gonna side with...it passed?

• Advertisement

ottostreet wrote: »
    That doesn't really get across whether the car passed or not...I'm gonna side with...it passed?

With flying fecking colors!

Break unbalance at 0%. Everything else is 0% off. Just alligemt of the arse was 7%.

I am quite shocked. Maybe my scooby does have only 69k miles on it :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement