Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Nct passed til feb 2015 :D

Congrats!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

CianRyan wrote: »
    DTD are having one on the 24th of March at the M1 service station, looking for other sites to tag along.

Which ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

whenever the next meet is on i really need to bum a spin off a tt 225, a dc5 and rx8 :o

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

dgt wrote: »

Which ones?

Didn't specify, presuming it's the midway one that loads of meets happen?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

CianRyan wrote: »
    Didn't specify, presuming it's the midway one that loads of meets happen?

Eh is that not the M7?

• Advertisement

Derp... I'll find out which one it is. :p

I've become too intrigued since I put up that vid in the other thread....

In Denmark, there is an abandoned dealership full of classic Fiats that were never sold. I think it was a holding facility too....?
    The dealer proprietor, Jens Sorensen either had too much money or wasn't a great sales guy as all the p/x's he took in between 1973-1981 were stored, then in 1981 he chose to change his business to an agency for Iveco Trucks where almost unbelievably he just abandoned the site complete with not only the p/x's previously mentioned but also complete with brand new Fiats, some with only delivery mileage and unregistered!

I don't know about anyone else, maybe it's been covered before but I find it unreal to look at the pictures, to see a time warp, who was the last person to drive these cars, to realise what if these cars were sold? What kind of lives would they have lived? And that as a result of storage we are now looking at them in near showroom condition instead of forgotten about, rusting or made into cutlery :)

050.jpg
    027.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Dartz

In fairness... Fiats from that era tended to leave the showroom rusty.

Then run forever. For a definition of 'running'.

Dartz wrote: »
    In fairness... Fiats from that era tended to leave the showroom rusty.

Then run forever. For a definition of 'running'.

Elec gremlins too, bad days of Fiat. Not just Fiats in that place either, lots of other period cars

Strange to jack it all in so suddenly though!

4406921980_05b060cab2_z.jpg
    4406149405_190c9a0e37_z.jpg
    P8032844.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

dgt wrote: »
    I've become too intrigued since I put up that vid in the other thread....

In Denmark, there is an abandoned dealership full of classic Fiats that were never sold. I think it was a holding facility too....?

Being a self confessed Urban Explorer who relishes the chance to see old abandonded buildings of any era I have to say, I just had a little tingle in my panties when I opened that link! Cheers ! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Oh SH...

lego-vending-machine.jpg

Oh SH...

Ah now would you not tell him where it is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭porsche959

MarkMc wrote: »
    RIP, he was Derry Clarkes son. Derry is an absolute gent, I really feel for him and Sally Ann, worst possible time of year

RIP, sounds like he had a lot of talent. Hope it doesn't put parents off letting young fellas get involved in motorsports.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,591 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

MugMugs wrote: »
    Being a self confessed Urban Explorer who relishes the chance to see old abandonded buildings of any era I have to say, I just had a little tingle in my panties when I opened that link! Cheers ! :)

Incredibly, by typing "Jens Sorensen, Kolding, Denmark", Google maps landed it on the first try: http://goo.gl/maps/ov9g6

Incredibly, by typing "Jens Sorensen, Kolding, Denmark", Google maps landed it on the first try: http://goo.gl/maps/ov9g6

G Car even seems to have made it inside the confines...... or it could have been a G bike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Page 180

Here is a Nissan 180SX.

1992-nissan-180sx-4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

I seen a red one of those exit at sandyford on the way home tonight. Lovely looking car in the flesh.

Hal1 wrote: »
    I seen a red one of those exit at sandyford on the way home tonight. Lovely looking car in the flesh.

Ah stop, I always wanted one of these. always will. :) I suppose we can always dream. :D

Ah stop, I always wanted one of these..........

One of the neighbours (3 doors down) had one of them in the 90s, twas only a few years old, very very very rare sight back than. Mr Quinlan (RIP) had great taste in motors, he had a Jag after that and a Merc 300 SEL on fairly large chrome alloys, for a chap that had Grandkids he was very cool :cool:

RoverJames wrote: »
    One of the neighbours (3 doors down) had one of them in the 90s, twas only a few years old, very very very rare sight back than. Mr Quinlan (RIP) had great taste in motors, he had a Jag after that and a Merc 300 SEL on fairly large chrome alloys, for a chap that had Grandkids he was very cool :cool:

Ah class. Nobody that interesting around these parts. :(

• Advertisement

......Nobody that interesting around these parts. :(

Much the same here nowadays :(

Page 180

Here is a Nissan 180SX.

1992-nissan-180sx-4.jpg

Wide arch with a duck tail, oh god yes!
    Hal1 wrote: »

This one by any chance?
    c4cf240b.jpg

Full build thread here.

And some more here

Edit: Got a link for that meet btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Does that "flick out" body kit on Silvia's actually provide any benefit at all? Cos it absolutely ruins the lines of a fine car something terrible. They also seem mega prone to cracking and being left hanging off.

Not sure but I'm not into them myself. Never got them really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

Matt Simis wrote: »
    They also seem mega prone to cracking and being left hanging off.

That's why cable ties were invented :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

That is crazy OSI

OSI wrote: »
    OK, this Gender Equality insurance thing is bollocks.

Insurance on the GTI last year:

Me: 24, Full License, 4 points + GF: 23, Provisional, 0 points + 3 yrs NCB =~ €1,030

Insurance on the GTI this year:

Me: 25, Full License, 4 points + GF: 24, Full License, 0 points + 4 yrs NCB =~ €1,800

:O

Are you ****ing kidding me!?!?!
    There's a lot of other variables involved tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

Where the **** did you come from :eek:

My Mammy and Daddy i guess!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

OK, this Gender Equality insurance thing is bollocks.

Insurance on the GTI last year:

Me: 24, Full License, 4 points + GF: 23, Provisional, 0 points + 3 yrs NCB =~ €1,030

Insurance on the GTI this year:

Me: 25, Full License, 4 points + GF: 24, Full License, 0 points + 4 yrs NCB =~ €1,800

:O

Are you ****ing kidding me!?!?!

Man I love being over 30. 250bhp car & GF? €630. Ka-ching! I save €150 just by putting her on it.

• Advertisement

Confab wrote: »

Man I love being over 30. 250bhp car & GF? €630. Ka-ching! I save €150 just by putting her on it.
    Get a full licence and it'll come down even more ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement