Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Or those seeming simple jobs that you think will take less than an hour to do and it takes the entire day. Or those ratings in a haynes manual which are clearly lying....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

We all had to start somewhere :)

From our experiences we can share them with others to help :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Come to think of it, bmstuff does all this kind of wiring, routing and all that for a living. Maybe ask him for his input too!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Come to think of it, bmstuff does all this kind of wiring, routing and all that for a living. Maybe ask him for his input too!

Ah i'll not be hassling specific posters, you guys have given me plenty to start with :)

If he sees the post and wants to reply that's cool :)

Stheno wrote: »

However the microphone lead is miles long, and he who owns the car is now pondering why I can't run it behind the dash and have it magically appear beside the sun visor :rolleyes: .............

I'd just leave it to be honest, horrible job that offers little by way of reward once all done :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

RoverJames wrote: »
    I'd just leave it to be honest, horrible job that offers little by way of reward once all done :)

I've an awful lot of time on my hands at the moment, so I'll give it a go and if it annoys me I'll get it done as it does look nice when you have it done paid or not :)

I used build and repair pcs, that's a horrible job :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Didnt know where else to put this but it made me laugh:

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4358107

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Jaysus, the Mondeo's got more miles than my 15 year old car. Haha

In the NCT centre again, hopefully things will go smoother this time. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Dartz

Probably motoway miles.

UK Rep-mobile perhaps?

Provided it's been looked after it'll be fine. It'll have spent its life cruising between 50 and 70, so it shouldn't have worn too much out.

It's not the mileage in asmuch as it's the type of mileage.

Yeah I was thinking that, he says he'll VRT it, if its the same price then it's not bad.

• Advertisement

You didnt spot the "2.0 Ford Mondeo Z-Tech for sale" then??

Mc Love wrote: »
    You didnt spot the "2.0 Ford Mondeo Z-Tech for sale" then??

Hahaha, I did actually.
    I swear half the county doesn't know what they're driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

dgt wrote: »

Not 1 spotted, from the bottom of Kildare to the top of Louth. Normally I'd see one in the first 2 or 3 days.

Now I'm off to bed, goodnight all :)
    Saw my first one yesterday in Dundalk. Silver Mondeo think it was 17 or something. Couldn't get used to the 131 though.

NCT PASSED!! :pac: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

****ing great... HUGE dents and scrapes on drivers door on Mazda. I ****ing hate people in general!

That happened again where misses parks her car at work. It's fecking taking a piss at this stage.

My Mazda has more dents and scrapes now then anything I owned before. :( why fecking try to have a nice car, some dip**** rot face scum will take care of it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

****ing great... HUGE dents and scrapes on drivers door on Mazda. I ****ing hate people in general!

That happened again where misses parks her car at work. It's fecking taking a piss at this stage.

My Mazda has more dents and scrapes now then anything I owned before. :( why fecking try to have a nice car, some dip**** rot face scum will take care of it anyway.

I think you need to gather up some countrymen, lie in wait and show them some 'lithuanian love' ;)

****, that sounds rough. :(

That reminds me though, on my way to the NCT centre I met a red WRX like yours, only difference was this one had a wing, carbon defusers(I think) and the driver was messing with me and spitting flames like a mad man.
    I fell in love with it. :D

Didnt those Millionaire boy racers say when they go into a shop and leave their car parked up, they would find spit and rubbish thrown on the cars - people dont have respect for their cars, well the majority of Irish people think their car is for getting them from a to b!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Careless people are careless SH. Once me and dad were sitting in his car outside a chipper when there was a bang on my side. Some stupid inndividual with a Rav 4 had left quite the dent on his car, with us still inside! :mad:

People leaving dents like that don't see cars as someones interest, a hobby or way of life, they see it as a miserable chore to get them a to b in their miserable rotbox *cough boggo spec kia picanto *cough and think everyone else is the same. A widespread diseased breed of people I'm afraid.

On another note, bosch took precautions to prevent people tampering with the stop solenoid on their mechanical pumps. Did it stop me getting access to the solenoid? Did it f*ck :pac: I'm on my way to that 11mm hybrid pump :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

458 Italia at C and C in Limerick. Wow.

Very cool White, too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Very cool White, too.
    WOW doesnt do it justice

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

Very cool White, too.

Pics?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

pred racer wrote: »

Pics?

.IMG_20130106_122950.jpg

CianRyan wrote: »
    NCT PASSED!! :pac: :D

Woohooo :)

@ SH that sucks, people just don't take care :(

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Dr.Rieux

Just back from visiting my brother in the hospital. He was cooking using a pressure cooker last night and noticed some steam escaping, he went over to adjust it and the whole thing blew in his face. He has second degree burns on his face and chest and is very very lucky he got his arms in the way so it didn't hit his eyes. I am never ever using a pressure cooker after seeing that.

Dr.Rieux wrote: »
    Just back from visiting my brother in the hospital. He was cooking using a pressure cooker last night and noticed some steam escaping, he went over to adjust it and the whole thing blew in his face. He has second degree burns on his face and chest and is very very lucky he got his arms in the way so it didn't hit his eyes. I am never ever using a pressure cooker after seeing that.

What an awful accident :( Sincere best wishes to him for a full recovery

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Jaysus, that's scary. Hope he gets well soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

Bloody hell :eek:

I burnt myself with one of those home wax kits that you used in the microwave at home years ago :o

Was wearing a vest at the time, took it out and it exploded all over my chest and neck just missed my eyes that god. Tell him when the scars have closed enough to start using bio oil on them I did and I wasn't left with any noticable scaring.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Dr.Rieux

Cheers all. Fiona I'll tell him that though the doctors have said that there shouldn't be any permanent scarring but if anything might help make sure he'll try it no doubt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Fiona wrote: »
    took it out and it exploded all over my chest and neck just missed my eyes that god. Tell him when the scars have closed enough to start using bio oil on them I did and I wasn't left with any noticable scaring.

In my bed ridden state, this was all I initially read the first time around....

had to double take it!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement