Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

took it out and it exploded all over my chest and neck just missed my eyes that god. Tell him when the scars have closed enough to start using bio oil on them I did and I wasn't left with any noticable scaring.
    MugMugs wrote: »
    In my bed ridden state, this was all I initially read the first time around....

had to double take it!!!!

LOLOL, took me a second to re-read just that section and see your altermate interpretation. :eek: :pac:

Since we know all parties were ok, thats totally open to mis-quoting for the rest of 2013 IMO (not by someone as upstanding as myself of course). :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Careful now fella's, we all know we're not allowed go down that road in this topic.

Trust Fiona to reappear and post two or three times and for that to happen nearly instantly. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

dar83 wrote: »
    Careful now fella's, we all know we're not allowed go down that road in this topic.

Trust Fiona to reappear and post two or three times and for that to happen nearly instantly. :P

Hey Im talking about exploding LPG nozzles, the nations next deathtrap, from this thread:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056843355&page=4

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

dar83 wrote: »

Oh I just posted some usefull information attached to a useless story you lot did the rest :P:P:P:P:P:P:P

Suppose I better say something car related to redeem myself. Yawn.

My paintwork has beading on it today for the probably the first time ever. Gave the Corolla a wash today and used some Werkstat products on it, came up a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

11KE3218, ignorant individual. It took them more effort to block all those spaces than to take up two adjoining ones like anyone with any sense would have done.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

What kind of sad dozey f*ck runs over someones pet and hasen't even the manners to say they did?

Regardless if some posters like cats or not, my kitten got untimely taken away from me. By some miserable bastard with no remorse, no thought as to what that bump was and clearly no observation.

I don't give a sh*te what people think, that kitten was like a close friend to me, I brought him in, rared him, looked after him. Always there to greet us when we arrived home, happy to see us. Now hes gone, forever.

I'm absolutely gutted :(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

dgt wrote: »
    What kind of sad dozey f*ck runs over someones pet and hasen't even the manners to say they did?

Regardless if some posters like cats or not, my kitten got untimely taken away from me. By some miserable bastard with no remorse, no thought as to what that bump was and clearly no observation.

I don't give a sh*te what people think, that kitten was like a close friend to me, I brought him in, rared him, looked after him. Always there to greet us when we arrived home, happy to see us. Now hes gone, forever.

Ah dgt that's awful :( Can't stand people that do that and leave the poor animal on the side of the road :(

Really sorry to hear that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Ah fcuk man, sorry to hear that. :(

Sorry to hear that. I tipped a dog before Christmas and got some fright. Owner wanted me to pay a vets bill...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

11KE3218, ignorant individual. It took them more effort to block all those spaces than to take up two adjoining ones like anyone with any sense would have done.
    We used to have a thread for that MC but a former Mod closed it on us..... :(

• Advertisement

Thanks for the support people

I haven't been this upset over a pet before, probably because it was only a kitten.

I'll get over it, just the shock of it

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Sorry to hear that. I tipped a dog before Christmas and got some fright. Owner wanted me to pay a vets bill...

Cats are different as legally they are not classed as domestic pets, but if you hit a dog who is not under the effective control of their owner, you can claim from them for damages.

There was a thread over in legal where someone had to shell out something like 3k in damages after their dog was hit by a car, and did 3k of damage to the car!

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Dr.Rieux

Sorry to hear that dgt.

Stheno wrote: »
    Cats are different as legally they are not classed as domestic pets, but if you hit a dog who is not under the effective control of their owner, you can claim from them for damages.

There was a thread over in legal where someone had to shell out something like 3k in damages after their dog was hit by a car, and did 3k of damage to the car!

I wasn't paying. I left it in their court to contact the guards about it if there was a problem...

I wasn't paying. I left it in their court to contact the guards about it if there was a problem...

In fairness to you though, you didn't drive off.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

I haven't been this upset over a pet before, probably because it was only a kitten.

:(

That's awful sad. I'm a big softie with pets.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

That's horrible, dgt. Hope you pick up soon enough. Losing pets is the worst. :(

Wasn't that little fella you found a few months ago was it?

Wasn't that little fella you found a few months ago was it?

That very kitten

Dr.Rieux wrote: »
    Just back from visiting my brother in the hospital. He was cooking using a pressure cooker last night and noticed some steam escaping, he went over to adjust it and the whole thing blew in his face. He has second degree burns on his face and chest and is very very lucky he got his arms in the way so it didn't hit his eyes. I am never ever using a pressure cooker after seeing that.

Sounds horrific, hope he'll be ok.
    Don't like them yokes at all, haven't seen one in years.

That's awful, pets are nothing less than one of the family to pet lovers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

RoverJames wrote: »

Yeah, my initial thought was, "Jesus, that's horrible!" This quickly moved to, "Wait, who the hell uses a pressure cooker?!"

Sorry too hear about your brother and I'm glad he's alright.
    How old was that pressure cooker though?

That very kitten

Ah no wonder you're shook up, you put loads of time and effort into getting the little guy up and part of the family.

Don't be feeling silly for feeling sad, it's an awful shock :(

That's awful, pets are nothing less than one of the family to pet lovers.

Pressure cookers are back in "fashion" recently RJ

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Dr.Rieux

CianRyan wrote: »
    Yeah, my initial thought was, "Jesus, that's horrible!" This quickly moved to, "Wait, who the hell uses a pressure cooker?!"

Sorry too hear about your brother and I'm glad he's alright.
    How old was that pressure cooker though?

I think it's relatively new. He borrowed it off my sister. While I couldn't see any reason why I would have to use one I will be actively avoiding them from now.

All things considered he was in good spirits. The thing that really shocked me is how close the burns are to his eyes. Terrifyingly close in fact.

I've texted him and said there's good wishes coming in and he says thank you to all of you.

In fairness to you though, you didn't drive off.

Came close to putting the owner under the wheels and driving off...

Came close to putting the owner under the wheels and driving off...

Oh dear :)

In car related news, I've found that gap you guys were telling me about for the mike lead.

It's very obvious, it's like the carpet ends at a junction with the central console and another piece of carpet starts.

I can well see how it will be a bugger of a job tho!

Ohhhhhhhh :) Not really into cooking tbh, rarely cook anything beyond steak, chops or chicken.

Conceptually I don't like the idea of them, it's like when your simmering whatever and you need it to hurry on a bit so you more or less lid it for a minute and it boils over in fury :pac:

At work years ago a lad attempted to open a vessel that was at the guts of a bar iirc :eek: Close one that was.

Used tyre weld shtuff for the first time yesterday, have some air escaping from a rear tyre, I reckon it's in need of some bead seal but can't be arsed as the tyre is below 3mm so will be replaced over the coming weeks. Had a container of that stuff in the bag of tricks in the boot so lashed it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Dgt, i am sorry to hear your loss.

Ohhhhhhhh :) Not really into cooking tbh, rarely cook anything beyond steak, chops or chicken.

Conceptually I don't like the idea of them, it's like when your simmering whatever and you need it to hurry on a bit so you more or less lid it for a minute and it boils over in fury :pac:

At work years ago a lad attempted to open a vessel that was at the guts of a bar iirc :eek: Close one that was.

Used tyre weld shtuff for the first time yesterday, have some air escaping from a rear tyre, I reckon it's in need of some bead seal but can't be arsed as the tyre is below 3mm so will be replaced over the coming weeks. Had a container of that stuff in the bag of tricks in the boot so lashed it in.

I remember pressure cookers from when I was a kid, have bad memories of overcooked bland food coming out of them.

No way I'd use one.

That said I managed to burn off my eyebrows as a kid trying to light a gas oven :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Unlike RJ's slippers :pac:

Rieux - My mother used a pressure cooker years ago when I was a kid. She had it cooking one day, left the kitchen for a few minutes and when she came back it had exploded. Never again did she use one after that. Hope your brother makes a full recovery!

dgt - As an animal lover, I kind of know how you feel. We have 2 cats here at the moment. Both just arrived at our back door one day and have been with us since. Sorry to hear what happened your little fella but I hope Karma is alive and well in Neeavan!!

• Advertisement

Unlike RJ's slippers :pac:
    !
    Does he smoke a pipe as well?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement