Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Dr.Rieux, I understand how awful burns are, hopefully your brother will make a full recovery soon :)

In car news, I still haven't seen a 131 reg car, despite driving around Dublin city today. Saw plenty of 12 reg Skoda Rapides though... I'll be around the city again tomorrow, maybe I'll see one then!

Stheno wrote: »
    Does he smoke a pipe as well?

Coronas are my smoke of choice :)

Pipe would be too much work tbh, I like the idea of them though, unlike pressure cookers.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Does he smoke a pipe as well?

Yeah but as far as I know, pipes are fashionless or whatever the word is that means they're never in nor out of fashion :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

RoverJames wrote: »
    Coronas are my smoke of choice :)

Pipe would be too much work tbh, I like the idea of them though, unlike pressure cookers.

As in cigars?
    Yeah but as far as I know, pipes are fashionless or whatever the word is that means they're never in nor out of fashion :D

Timeless is the term you are looking for :)

As in cigars?........

Yep, only tobacco filled ones though (just in case the smart arses have ideas).

• Advertisement

RoverJames wrote: »
    Yep, only tobacco filled ones though (just in case the smart arses have ideas).

Suspicion haunts the guilty mind ;)

Suspicion haunts the guilty mind ;)

I'll take your word for it ;)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Just finished xmas shopping, and now shopping for OH's 50th

Considering sending his car off to the likes of detailer.ie for a seriously good valet as part of it :)

Just finished xmas shopping, and now shopping for OH's 50th

Considering sending his car off to the likes of detailer.ie for a seriously good valet as part of it :)

LOL, you'll be waiting a while to get it back! They've been gone for nearly 2 years now!

Instead go to either Detailing Shed, Elite Auto Clean or CleanCar

LOL, you'll be waiting a while to get it back! They've been gone for nearly 2 years now!

Jaypers, any alternative suggestions then?

They seemed decent blokes when I spoke to them

Can't believe it was that long ago

• Advertisement

See my post again ;)

See my post again ;)

Thank you, as you no doubt noticed earlier I'm a bit slow today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Sad news dgt, cats do tend to wander though :(

Instead go to either Detailing Shed, Elite Auto Clean or CleanCar

Looks like it's Elite I'll be going to as they are closest :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Dgt, really sorry to hear about your moggy. I would be devastated if anything happened to either of my boys. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

c

Check out spirit detailing also. Brian is very good at it. I think he even calls to your house but im not sure if he dose a full detail on call outs.

http://spiritdetailing.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4358439

Crilly must be selling up his BZG!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Instantly thought you were talking about Ded_Zebra until I clicked the link.
    Some amount of car pictures taken there. Haha

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

dgt, thats awful about the kitten.

i freakin love our cat, had is since a kitten too... hate when the little **** climbs on my car with her dirty paws but they are such intelligent, affectionate animals you cant help but love them, sorry to hear that.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Sorry to hear about the cat dgt :( Funnily enough, I never spotted any cats around when I was up with ya...

On another note, I forgot to post that I got this for christmas

676925869.jpg

It's an alarm clock, looks 1000% better in person too :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

I would recommend Ian and Joner in there they took care of my e30 for me last summer.

Funnily enough, I never spotted any cats around when I was up with ya...

That's because wherever you go, pussy hides :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Well I managed one drive to work with my clean car. Had to take the back roads due to an accident on the M50 (surprise surprise there!) and it's now got lovely mucky water droplets/spray all up the side of it.

Ah well...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

dar83 wrote: »
    Well I managed one drive to work with my clean car. Had to take the back roads due to an accident on the M50 (surprise surprise there!) and it's now got lovely mucky water droplets/spray all up the side of it.

Ah well...

That's where detailing/waxing falls down. What's the point of polishing a car down to the last detail if driving it will ruin all the work? It's inherently pointless. Dirt doesn't even affect the drag coefficient!

/tongue in cheek

Confab wrote: »
    That's where detailing/waxing falls down. What's the point of polishing a car down to the last detail if driving it will ruin all the work? It's inherently pointless. Dirt doesn't even affect the drag coefficient!

/tongue in cheek

A car with a smooth, clayed and waxed surface is going to be a lot easier and much more pleasing to clean next time.

It can often happen too that if it gets dirty and the car has been covered in rain, this makes the dirt easier to get off and it's sometimes possible to just pressure wash it off and do nothing else and have the car looking great again.

It would be nigh on impossible to do that with a car that hasn't been detailed.

Also, it's worth having it looking smashing albeit it for 5 minutes :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

...also nearly jizzing yourself looking back at the cars shinyness when its under car park lighting :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

...also nearly jizzing yourself...

Just not on the car...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

A car with a smooth, clayed and waxed surface is going to be a lot easier and much more pleasing to clean next time.

what next time? :pac:

rocky wrote: »
    what next time? :pac:

:confused:

• Advertisement

In fairness many don't have the inclination not to mention the time required to maintain paintwork to a high degree. Others do, each to their own.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement