Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

CianRyan wrote: »
    I have to say, I really love living so close to the mountains.
    It makes feeding my addiction so much easier.

Yeah well if you don't turn up at the meet, you're going to end up buried in those lovely mountains :P

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Confab wrote: »
    WTH? Can't find a buyer's guide for the Mk6 Accord anywhere online. It's as though they're so reliable they don't need one! Looking for an auto 2L with leather and toys, easy to find a couple but whether they're worth it... well, that'll have to wait.

Aren't they just a revised version of the 92 model?

WTH? Can't find a buyer's guide for the Mk6 Accord anywhere online. It's as though they're so reliable they don't need one! Looking for an auto 2L with leather and toys, easy to find a couple but whether they're worth it... well, that'll have to wait.

Mk 6?

That's the up to 2002 model ??

Don't you fancy the newer model?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Yeah well if you don't turn up at the meet, you're going to end up buried in those lovely mountains :P

Not a bad place for it.
    Leave me near the devils elbow. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

RoverJames wrote: »
    Mk 6?

That's the up to 2002 model ??

Don't you fancy the newer model?

I do, but it'd be a cheap buy, still reliable with a bit of poke and comfort. Bangernomics really.

• Advertisement

........... Bangernomics really.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=82497530&postcount=6924

Sold now but time is on your side as you're not looking to buy today or tomorrow, more will be cropping up as the weeks and months go by :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=82497530&postcount=6924

Sold now but time is on your side as you're not looking to buy today or tomorrow, more will be cropping up as the weeks and months go by :)

Holy crap that's cheap! I have to buy an auto (I'll be getting an auto licence and don't want to risk being caught driving a manual), but that's a lovely car.

One for your lpg fetish :pac:

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4378632

View2-16583692.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

I do, but it'd be a cheap buy, still reliable with a bit of poke and comfort. Bangernomics really.
    What happened to getting something sporty/relatively quick?

Holy crap that's cheap!

In 2006 I paid €2250 for a 1999 Rover 618 Lux (from Green Isle motors no less :pac: ), basically an Accord as you know.
    2003/2004 petrol Accords nowadays for €2500/€3000 is about right imo.

Bummer about the Auto license, I drive an auto myself but wouldn't like to be limited to them.

• Advertisement

Bummer about the Auto license, I drive an auto myself but wouldn't like to be limited to them.

I'll get the manual licence in a year or two, but I'm used to an auto now and prefer it tbh. Yeah I do have an LPG fetish now. We'll see though.
    What happened to getting something sporty/relatively quick?

A 2L VTEC Accord isn't such a slowpoke really. Good handling too.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

A 2L VTEC Accord isn't such a slowpoke really. Good handling too.

It's about 9/10 seconds to 60 I'd say! :) Boot is tiny and awkward aswell btw, think you had that mentioned as a requirement before.

It's about 9/10 seconds to 60 I'd say! :) Boot is tiny and awkward aswell btw, think you had that mentioned as a requirement before.

My last car did 0-60 in 9 seconds, hmmm... maybe a faster car is in order. But then a Saab comes into the pic (low price, high performance) and their reliability is on a par with an Alfa...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

In 2006 I paid €2250 for a 1999 Rover 618 Lux (from Green Isle motors no less :pac: ), basically an Accord as you know.
    2003/2004 petrol Accords nowadays for €2500/€3000 is about right imo.

22,000 post! :p

Where is E39MSport/Renofan gone???

Renofan was about recently IIRC.

Haven't seen a post by him in ages

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Haven't seen a post by him in ages

I saw him in the last week posting somewhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Got a new job this week. Now I want a new car, havent a breeze what to get!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

MarkMc wrote: »
    Got a new job this week. Now I want a new car, havent a breeze what to get!!

Congratulations :D

• Advertisement

Stheno wrote: »

Congratulations :D

Cheers, the car is now my main priority. My filthy slow corsa is wrecking my head

Filthiness is my fault, but it doesn't deserve to be washed :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Cheers, the car is now my main priority. My filthy slow corsa is wrecking my head

Filthiness is my fault, but it doesn't deserve to be washed :p

Was like this with my Octavia before i changed my car, congrats on the new job.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4381029

looks very fecking cool :pac:

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4381029

looks very fecking cool :pac:

That is lowww. Hmm, I still havent a clue. I've an 08, at the moment. Budget €10-13k. I'm 22, so nothing to unfriendly insurance wise

admittedly, at the very least fake wheels. and an optimistic price tag (i think) for a 13 year old 2.8 petrol merc that is out of tax. looks wicked none the less :)
    Good on fuel belive it or not

indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Horrible colour :(

Way over budget, but I like this. Wonder what finance would be like. I really like the new focus, prefer hatchback tho

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Ford/Focus/NEW-FOCU/31113560138548350/advert?channel=CARS

i reckon that'd be soul destroying to live with... what are you looking at spending?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

That is lowww. Hmm, I still havent a clue. I've an 08, at the moment. Budget €10-13k. I'm 22, so nothing to unfriendly insurance wise
    i reckon that'd be soul destroying to live with... what are you looking at spending?

Clever.

Mark, buy something deadly for cheap and splash on fuel.
    You're not delivering pizza anymore so to hell with MPG! :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement