Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

i reckon that'd be soul destroying to live with... what are you looking at spending?

More than likely. Realistically, about €10-12k. I would love an ST focus, but I reckon I don't have a snowballs chance in hell of getting insurance that I could afford. Don't really care about economy as I'll be cycling to work

CianRyan wrote: »

Clever.

Mark, buy something deadly for cheap and splash on fuel.
    You're not delivering pizza anymore so to hell with MPG! :p

True that. Insurance is really the only issue. Mines only €600 at the moment, anything nice will be way more than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Supraman

Stheno wrote: »

Considering sending his car off to the likes of detailer.ie for a seriously good valet as part of it :)

elite auto clean your best bet . they're on upper dominick street 2 mins from ilac centre . ian the chap that owns it is a gent and an absolute perfectionist on top of that . I had my supra detailed there once , felt a shame to drive it after though lol . competitive on price too .

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

MarkMc wrote: »
    More than likely. Realistically, about €10-12k. I would love an ST focus, but I reckon I don't have a snowballs chance in hell of getting insurance that I could afford. Don't really care about economy as I'll be cycling to work

Well we have similar insurance details: 22, male, mid class Dublin suburb. I think you've more years NCB and a full licence?
    I got quoted on a 350Z, over €3000 but I was expecting nothing at all.

Chance your arm with a few places and see what you can get. :)

Aviva gave me 5 years NCB, full licence 2 years. I've only actually got 1 years ncb in my own name.

• Advertisement

Aviva gave me 5 years NCB, full licence 2 years. I've only actually got 1 years ncb in my own name.

Well feck that, buy an ST for ~€5/6000 and take the hit on the insurance, it wont be too crazy with 5 years NCB. After the car you'll have €6/7000 for insurance and fuel. :D

Freaky, when I read you're looking at a new car I instantly thought of you in OSI's GTI. :eek:

Jaysus, thats mad!! :) I love the GTI, theres a few going for around €7/8k, plus at 2ltr I may actually get insured

Ah you'll well get insured.
    Sure fire your details into Chill.ie and the rest of them, see what you're looking at. :)

• Advertisement

Ah you'll well get insured.
    Sure fire your details into Chill.ie and the rest of them, see what you're looking at. :)

Great minds, quote of €1200 just there off chill

May be double the insurance but it's probably triple the power and fun of the Corsa. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Well we have similar insurance details: 22, male, mid class Dublin suburb. I think you've more years NCB and a full licence?
    I got quoted on a 350Z, over €3000 but I was expecting nothing at all.

Chance your arm with a few places and see what you can get. :)

futuramafry.jpg

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

its usually very easy to get the cover off for the map/courtesy light. ususally just pry it off with a knife/screwdriver, not damaging the plastic in doing so.

the bulbs are usually 501 or festoon bulbs, the latter in varying length of mm's
    ebay is where i get all my bulbs, especially when looking for smds

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Get yourself a TT. There was a nice example on the 'post a pic of your car' thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Hal1 wrote: »
    Get yourself a TT. There was a nice example on the 'post a pic of your car' thread.

Just as long as it's not silver! (which most here seem to be for some bizarre reason :()

OSI wrote: »

For that kind of money, you should be able to nab an '08 GTI. I paid just over 13k for a late 08 at the start of last year.

I don't know if you're going to the meet, but if you are and haven't had a spin in one, you're more than welcome to a spin in me if it helps make up your mind.

Thanks man. I'm gonna keep looking for the time being, no great rush. If I can get the time off work, I'd love to go to the meet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

OSI wrote: »
    For that kind of money, you should be able to nab an '08 GTI. I paid just over 13k for a late 08 at the start of last year.

I don't know if you're going to the meet, but if you are and haven't had a spin in one, you're more than welcome to a spin in me if it helps make up your mind.

:eek::eek:

Sorry..:o

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Well I finally gave scooby a wash. I know I said dirt only fits scoobies, but this time it was a wee bit much. While I was washing it it was changing color from cherry to red...

And while I was washing my car the back door was open. So one of neighbours cats got inside at ate mince meat that was in the sink for tonight's dinner. ****ing ****. Almost Gave it a boot, but it sliped, so I only scraped the fecker. Fecking thing is now back in its own yard, licking itself, taunting me. I swear the **** if it would have proper fingers he would be flipping me off too!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Well I finally gave scooby a wash. I know I said dirt only fits scoobies, but this time it was a wee bit much. While I was washing it it was changing color from cherry to red...

And while I was washing my car the back door was open. So one of neighbours cats got inside at ate mince meat that was in the sink for tonight's dinner. ****ing ****. Almost Gave it a boot, but it sliped, so I only scraped the fecker. Fecking thing is now back in its own yard, licking itself, taunting me. I swear the **** if it would have proper fingers he would be flipping me off too!

It is mentally flipping you off :D

Are you sure scooby is red and not pink with that washing?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Stheno wrote: »
    It is mentally flipping you off :D

Are you sure scooby is red and not pink with that washing?

It's not German, so it can't be pink ;)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

It's not German, so it can't be pink ;)

cerise so :D

dar83 wrote: »

futuramafry.jpg

Ah not this ****, Tallaght's a very big place, ya know? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Ah not this ****, Tallaght's a very big place, ya know? ;)

Another PG.... every time it came up he claimed he was from citywest

PG?
    City west is a hole of a place, btw. :p
    The industrial estate looks nice at Christmas but that's it.

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

Yeah you're probably right, I wouldn't mind them differentiating. Can't complain though, my insurance is grand. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

It's absolutely scorchen here. :(

• Advertisement

8 degrees is scorching? :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement