Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

CianRyan wrote: »
    8 degrees is scorching? :p

Well maybe that was an exaggeration! :p But it's fairly warm, the sun's out and everyone is in a good mood. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

It's absolutely scorchen here. :(
    Well maybe that was an exaggeration! :p But it's fairly warm, the sun's out and everyone is in a good mood. :)

Why is that such a bad thing? :pac:

unhappy-cat-91817137152_xlarge.jpeg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Why is that such a bad thing? :pac:

unhappy-cat-91817137152_xlarge.jpeg

I don't know...:D

Pic not working in school. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

have an awful itch to spend a few euro on the car. want to change it up a little but keep its originality. never seems to be any nice original accesories coming up for sale for them any more. would love to buy the factory bumper splitter kit but they never come up :( could buy pre face lift kits all day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Easytrip: Lynn

Just to let you know you can call us to discuss the amount that stays in your account. We can lower this for you if it does not suit you.
    dar83 wrote: »
    I'm sure some of the other operators have similar options these days as well, they were the only ones that had it when I was looking for a tag. I can't stand the thought of having to have €12/15 minimum in your account before they pull more money from you for no real reason.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Can anyone here direct me to a site that shows what engines have what turbos? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

have an awful itch to spend a few euro on the car. want to change it up a little but keep its originality. never seems to be any nice original accesories coming up for sale for them any more. would love to buy the factory bumper splitter kit but they never come up :( could buy pre face lift kits all day!

Put money into keeping it looking well like a full interior valet or a paint correction ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Need to sort out rust on mine actually, have to wait until I have the fund though...I'd imagine that alone will cost a few hundred...don't want to leave it too long either.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Put money into keeping it looking well like a full interior valet or a paint correction ;)

lol i literally cant spend any more on preventative maintainance. i was actually considering getting the clutch changed "just encase" :pac: fully serviced, timing belt is only on it 15k, new rubber all round, coolant and brake fluid changed, good few new suspension components, new pads all round and on and on :P

i got the offending car wash damage from december corrected thank god :)

when i bought her last summer i stripped the whole interior, seats, carpets, headlining etc and i wet-vac'd everything and i'm reasonably careful with it, so its still very fresh.

it is if i do say so myself, in very good shape :P :P

there's a lovely set of TOM's alloy wheels on donedeal that i'm very temped into :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

You can never have too clean a car.....do it again!! :P

You could also get the undercarriage sealed or get the paint Permatech'd!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Just to let you know you can call us to discuss the amount that stays in your account. We can lower this for you if it does not suit you.

Hi Lynn, thanks for the information. It's not that it doesn't suit me, I just don't see a reason for it whatsoever. I understand you're covering the potential for bounced/rejected Direct Debits and an outstanding balance due to same, but it's just not something I'll ever sign up for, even if it was a fiver.

The eFlow post paid account may cost me €1 a month regardless of if I use the toll or not, but at least they only pull from my current account what I spend (apart from said Euro) and there is no 'float' doomed to be in existence and unused for the duration of holding an account with them. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭ShanE90

dgt wrote: »
    Can anyone here direct me to a site that shows what engines have what turbos? :)

If you go to this site and accept the t & c's you can view a fairly big data base for vehicles with Allied-Signal/Honeywell/Garrett turbochargers

http://garrettbyhoneywell.com/product-search/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

It's absolutely scorchen here. :(

Its bloody freezin In Paris, 3 degrees, gloomy with intermittant drizzle!
    Wont be back to the costa del Tipp till next month:(

On the other hand its very funny to see how much clothes people can wear, and the funny looks I get wandering around in a t-shirt and a light fleece :)

ShanE90 wrote: »
    If you go to this site and accept the t & c's you can view a fairly big data base for vehicles with Allied-Signal/Honeywell/Garrett turbochargers

http://garrettbyhoneywell.com/product-search/

Cheers, this has been very useful. Never knew there were so many variations of turbo....

Cheers, this has been very useful. Never knew there were so many variations of turbo....

Next time I have one of the big turbos (pump) in work out Ill send you a pic.

I can just about lift it!

Cant see it fitting under the bonnet of the 406 though:D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

pred racer wrote: »

You'd be surprised, there's a lot of room when the engine is removed :pac:

I'll go on a tour of the local scrappies and see what he has :) failing that, I know a chap in Donemana who breaks all sorts of commercials, am thinking of getting something silly when finances permit. Last turbo we got was a KKK for £100 :)

I have 3 XUD engines to play with... ;););)

I'll go on a tour of the local scrappies and see what he has :) failing that, I know a chap in Donemana who breaks all sorts of commercials, am thinking of getting something silly when finances permit. Last turbo we got was a KKK for £100 :)

I have 3 XUD engines to play with... ;););)

I was in Donemana last week, I should have checked if he refurbs brembo calipers:o

Whats an XUD engine?

I was in Donemana last week, I should have checked if he refurbs brembo calipers:o

Whats an XUD engine?

As in Hammilton commercials? :)

XUD9 TE I should have put, the 1.9TD Peugeot engines. To be more specific, the DHX ones not the sh*te DHY ones with Lucas pumps you get in 306's and Xsaras! :p

As in Hammilton commercials? :)

XUD9 TE I should have put, the 1.9TD Peugeot engines. To be more specific, the DHX ones not the sh*te DHY ones with Lucas pumps you get in 306's and Xsaras! :p

I should have said drinking in Donemana last week :D

Ok so here's the plan, 1 for the lawn mower, you know you want to.

1 for the punto (i know, I know, just make it fit)

Or best plan of all, find something you can get 2 of them into for the 'monster daysul 4x4 shmoke mobile :D:pac::P:cool:

• Advertisement

I should have said drinking in Donemana last week :D

Ok so here's the plan, 1 for the lawn mower, you know you want to.

1 for the punto (i know, I know, just make it fit)

Or best plan of all, find something you can get 2 of them into for the 'monster daysul 4x4 shmoke mobile :D:pac::P:cool:

The village inn??! I'd be terrified to set food in there! :eek:

No more Puntos here I'm afraid and the lawnmower is the 106 :p

1.9TD 106 has been done before, might be done here again if he V8 won't fit... :pac:

Get me a Transit pump for a real shmoke machine!!! :P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Just saw the ad for the 2013 passat.

It's got a fatigue detection system!

That's on the ad!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Just saw the ad for the 2013 passat.

It's got a fatigue detection system!

That's on the ad!

I was reading about this stuff in the doctors today, it appears to be male dominated as there are only ever car or golf magazines.

All the big manufacturers are looking at systems which read your facial expression, decide how you will react and adjust the car appropriately.

If you are tired, they tell you to gtfo the road and take a break.

The magazine was from last June and they were well into post test at that stage.

They detect the fatigue apparently by a reduced number of changes of expression, and overall body language.

/Jesus, I feel a bit nerdlike now.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I've seen the system before, but its gas that they have it in the ad given how boring they are

• Registered Users Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Dartz

What if your Keanu Reeves then?

Will it be going off the whole time, or just not work?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I've seen the system before, but its gas that they have it in the ad given how boring they are

Do you not think it's fitting in a passat? I assume the thing has cruise control, so you don't even have to watch your speed to keep you awake?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Won't work for half of celebrities so with their Botox

Won't work for half of celebrities so with their Botox

Sure they all drive Prius's

• Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Sometimes I wish I didn't give a sh!t about my car.

The search for two new rear tyres begins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Stheno wrote: »
    Sure they all drive Prius's

That's just what they want you to think :D

Bought another 4books today Shteno....think I have a problem :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement