Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

Stheno - conzy is ginger, challengemaster is ginger, there's a difference :P

conzy likes pink muffins;) and CM normally knows where his car is:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

With the whole e-reader debate, its like CD's vs Ipod, sometimes i like to see the physical copy.

You have to look at the crazy packaging that exists sometimes for CD's Radiohead since OK computer always have a mental album cover, TOOL always put a sh1t load of effort into their album covers.

That and I'm sorry but you can hear the difference between a PA system eq'd and setup using an MP3 player over a CD, although saying that MP3's are getting better.

While I love the Idea of carting around 10000 albums in my pocket, I dont listen to albums any more I listen to a random group of songs!

So I'm sure someday ill nearly be forced into the buying of e reader but i would much rather have a book in my hand.

PS: feel the exact same thing about Movies hate not having a physical copy of something!!

Finally to keep it motor related if the new purchase goes ahead it will have Ipod connectivity and a 6 cd changer.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Stheno wrote: »
    Is conzy challengemaster?
    Hmmph is he a poster?

I've wondered about him :)

This is one of the most baffling I've read on here in a while :D

He's even posted on the same page of a thread as you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Stheno - conzy is ginger, challengemaster is ginger, there's a difference :P

Are they really ginger or are they just strawberry blonde? :p

OSI wrote: »
    Proper, get sunburn when people take a picture with the flash, ginger.

Oooh! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Fock, can't believe that man. It looks so clean in the pictures and really stands out! I agree with you though I have my eye on 325s constantly and theres rarely any nice facelift ones with decent spec. :(
    Sorry for your troubles and thanks for the info.

No hassle at all, that's why I was gutted - she was clean as a whistle, interior is pretty much immaculate as is the bodywork apart from the usual scuffs and one or two dings. Still, I'm not buying somebody's crashed motor and especially not one that hasn't been repaired properly. I'd like anybody looking at that car to at least know what they're getting in for because my troubles cost me €200 - €100 for the inspection and I lost €100 on the deposit. I'll not make the deposit mistake again anyway since he tried to keep the lot and I've a discount on the next inspection from the mechanic since he was gutted for me and is a really sound bloke; pull no punches with his report - I was very impressed :)
    Ideally for me, I'd like a 325 facelift e46 in red or that nice grey that seemed to come only on facelifts, with full electric centre console,climate control etc and some leather and m sport!

Similar enough for me - E46 (facelift) coupé, but I'm considering an E92 too. M-sport preferred but a very, very high-spec SE will do at the right price; I'll deal with moving it to m-sport myself. Manual gearbox preferred, auto may get a look in - I'll call to Joe Duffy for a test drive in one at some stage to check them out :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

If you see any nice ones on BMW drivers let me know :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

I lost €100 on the deposit. I'll not make the deposit mistake again anyway since he tried to keep the lot

You should have gotten the full deposit back. I'm assuming he didn't mention a word about the car's history when it comes to damage. You were putting a deposit on a car that you thought was up to scratch with no damage i.e. a car of merchantable quality.

Asshole seller IMO :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

I just had the owner of a Porsche Cayman throw me the keys of his car to take it for a spin! Pics of it to follow!

Fantastic car.

Fizman wrote: »
    I just had the owner of a Porsche Cayman throw me the keys of his car to take it for a spin! Pics of it to follow!

Fantastic car.

Foot to the floor and let her roar! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Free for a day or 2, at long last! Better keep myself occupied :p

You should have gotten the full deposit back. I'm assuming he didn't mention a word about the car's history when it comes to damage. You were putting a deposit on a car that you thought was up to scratch with no damage i.e. a car of merchantable quality.

Asshole seller IMO :mad:

Nah, nothing mentioned at all or I'd have walked away at the first viewing. I gave 10% deposit pending it passing inspection. Won't happen again - if you want to sell it to me it'll be inspected before money comes into it. I'll be avoiding him myself, breaks and sells a few cars over on bmw-driver.net

Shítty form but it's done now, could be the best €100 ever spent for avoiding a trouble car

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

This is one of the most baffling I've read on here in a while :D

He's even posted on the same page of a thread as you!

I've honestly never noticed his username! I thought it was a nickname for someone else :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

He kept all of your deposit because you walked away as you weren't happy with how the car was.
    That should be followed with a swift kick in the groin for the seller.
    Prick.

coolisin wrote: »
    He kept all of your deposit because you walked away as you weren't happy with how the car was.
    That should be followed with a swift kick in the groin for the seller.
    Prick.

Not all, but he tried to keep it all. He kept €100 for his troubles, I was just happy to get €350 back to be honest after it looked like I wasn't getting any.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

Not all, but he tried to keep it all. He kept €100 for his troubles, I was just happy to get €350 back to be honest after it looked like I wasn't getting any.

Give him a review on bmw-driver see what he says

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

What was his excuse for keeping €100?

Time & hassle and apparently after the viewing I told him he could keep the full deposit if it failed inspection, which is just crazy talk because I told him I'll put a deposit on it pending passing inspection.
    rocky wrote: »
    Give him a review on bmw-driver see what he says

Ah fúck him - it's not worth the effort. Sure I've no standing on BMW-Driver.net myself with one post to my name. I'd rather consider it a lesson learned and move on, it'll not happen again anyway.

Time & hassle and apparently after the viewing I told him he could keep the full deposit if it failed inspection, which is just crazy talk because I told I'll put a deposit on it pending passing inspection.

Ah fúck him - it's not worth the effort. Sure I've no standing on BMW-Driver.net myself with one post to my name. I'd rather consider it a lesson learned and move on, it'll not happen again anyway.

He sounds like a complete tosser, out to gouge anyone who does the work into checking out a car they are interested in.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

I'm assuming this is it?

Tbh, personally I'd post so no other poor chap without the sense to give it a proper once over doesn't end up with a lemon.

• Advertisement

He sounds like a complete tosser, out to gouge anyone who does the work into checking out a car they are interested in.

I could have been gouged worse I suppose though I'm still considering putting it up on bmw-driver.net that this car failed a pre-purchase inspection because of the faults on airbags and would appear to have been crashed.

I don't meant to be bad, I'm sure somebody would buy it off him but I'd rather be honest about it. He now knows it's most likely been crashed but not a peep out of him on the bmw-driver.net thread and I get the feeling he won't exactly own up to it in person since he didn't tell me about the new front wing until the mechanic started asking him.
    I'm assuming this is it?

Tbh, personally I'd post so no other poor chap without the sense to give it a proper once over doesn't end up with a lemon.

Aye, that's the one

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Fizman wrote: »

Fantastic car.

or5nur.jpg
    347wjv6.jpg
    sqt4l5.jpg
    16j4t9f.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Dartz

Bored on the way home from work. Led to:

"Huh... so *that's* understeer"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

"to my dear ex-student accomodation mate, whom i lived with during first symester but is on work placement for second symester so wont be back"

Hi, Sarah.

I was just down in the appartment today (Riverwalk 509). Just need to consult with you on a few things.

1- I'm prepared to live with the fact that i will have to clean the oven that you left dirty, the cups you left on the sideboard dirty and the various other utensils you didn't bother to clean before you left. not least of all th breakfast cerial stuck to the counter, so thats fine i suppose.

2- I'm also prepared to live with the fact that i have to remove any food you didn't fancy clearing out of the fridges and cupboards. I'm not so mad about the tins and jarred food in the cupboard that you left there, festering, stuck to the cupboard shelf with sticky drip rings, its just a minor inconvenience that i have to clean out your **** and take it to the bin because you didnt want to. What is annoying is the milk you left in the fridge in particular, which is now 3 weeks old and absolutely rancid, as well as other fresh/ dairy products which had they been left there much longer would have gotten up and walked out themselves.

3- My girlfriend Fiona brought her own cutlery down, bowls/ saucers, that kind of thing. Now we never batted an eyelid that you used them (or didnt ever wash them for that matter). Or that you used the cooking mit that belonged to us and got it so covered in some kind of sauce that it wouldn't even wash clean. Anyway, where this is going is that when we left one of our bowls was missing, not in my room, nor Fionas nor in the common room, leaving only one place for it to be (your room). Now being good natured people we only asumed you would leave it our for us upon your departure, which you did not. so again i can only asume it is in your room, so clearly you didnt clean in there either, not that i care. what i do want, on the other hand is the bowl back, so you need to sort something out there.

4 -And this is what really pisses me off. The Hot Water Immersion. it was switched on, on constant on my arrival today the 9th January. now we departed on Thursday the 20th of December, but you were saying that you were present in the Apartment until Saturday the 22nd. So no prizes for guessing who left that on. Now to be clear, it was on constant (always heating) not timed. Needless to say the bill will be huge. These (many) wasted units of electricity will appear on Januarys electricity bill which i'm aware you are no longer resident for, thus wont be charged so i will be footed with the bill. This won't be happening and i have already informed reception of you're foolishness.

5 -Sarah I don't mean to come across as harsh in this email but it has been an uphill battle living with you. I chose at the time not to take up with you the time you drank my yogurt drinks, finished Fionas bottle of vodka, eat our whole loaf of bread the weekend you stayed down and we didn't, helped your merry self to our consumables of tea bags, sugar, washing up liquid etc. we would never look for a cash reimbursement for these petty items but a mere "thank you" would have done, or failing that just be subtle and don't finish the bottle, or eat the whole loaf.

I chose not to mention those things at first because i feared you were poor or shy or something, which would have been fine. but seeing as you told us you claim the highest rate student grant and drive a car i can only asume you can afford a loaf of tesco value bread. I also notice you bought consumables like bin bags and washing up liquid after we departed for Christmas with ours. why, i'm not sure as the dishes weren't done and the rubbish certainly wasn't taken out.

I could go on to mention other occasions like the time you came in drunk and knocked over all the bin bags that we had filled clearing up and didn't pick up the mess you created. of course you picked it up when i asked you to, but that too was a half arsed job. Or the many times i heated the water to shower, only to hear your shower going before i got mine. did you honestly think i heated it for you?

Anyway, cut a long story short here. A fiver will do for the bowl, or if you can get someone from reception to let me in to get it back when i return next week then that'd be fine too. However, I will have to ask for a minimum of your third of Januarys electricity bill. seeing as how i will have left the appartment vacant for a month i don't feel i should be responsible for you racking up that stupid bill. 085-******* is my number, could you please drop me a line A.S.A.P. to clear this up.

All the best, Andy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

This is why I'm never house sharing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

Might want to take your number out Andy ;)

People generally are the scum of the earth I found out when I moved out for college and I feel your pain :(

Andy - pics of "Sarah" or GTFO!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Andy - pics of "Sarah" or GTFO!

Ya dirt bird, ya wouldn't want anything to do with a girl like that. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Feel any better now TFB? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

i feel better. i dont even really mind paying the bill, im not destitute thank god. Shes just a ****ing scab and i couldnt take it a minute longer thinking that she might think she has gotten away with being a scab. it scares me how someone can be so rude/ ignorant. the mind boggles. number removed thanks ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement