Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

dgt wrote: »
    Ferrari FF for me. FF could stand for Ferrariiat Fanboi in this case... :P

Ferrari hands down.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

CianRyan wrote: »
    Yep, the Toyota is definitely better looking.
    WEIRD!

That concept GT86 looks well, the actual Ferrari looks like a stretched Peugeot 407 on the otherhand.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I think a lot of people might vote for the FF just because it's a Ferrari, honestly I've never thought the FF looked great.
    I like the idea but the proportions are off for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

I think a lot of people might vote for the FF just because it's a Ferrari, honestly I've never thought the FF looked great.
    I like the idea but the proportions are off for me.

The blinkered look of the headlights.... The front grill and the look of being lost into the abyss beyond it. The high lines rising to the back arches. She is well rounded good looking girl whereas the GT whilst an impressive car has a front spoiler reminiscent of that of a current Avensis....

I aint messing, look at it !
    image.php?e=WnGemZxHqunm15%2BiopXmxuuhk5Ll3MqP4cqUm87O18yF55ecpFiQ1dzPzIzByMrek3uq152Vo6hVoJawpVlUpKHKxKDGWaKXjtychKefy6VXl52ln8SUs8nS4Y2u1uTOyt3jh6HL6dpH
    Toyota-GT86-Shooting-Brake-SidebySide.jpg

I don't know, to me the FF looks very forced, they needed to make a Shooting Brake so they did, but only from a few ideas they had lying around. The back end is lanky and awkward looking, the front end looks like a deformed fish.

Ferrari make some beautiful cars but the FF is not one of them.

Can't see the bottom of that Avensis so I can compare. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

I like the FF, it stands out from the rest. Prancing horse is just the icing on the cake. It's the kind of car I can happily park at the clay shooting grounds and whip out the duelling pistols to shoot with, because I'd be capable of anything wit a car like that :pac:

Then again, I'm a weird c*nt with a strange taste in cars.... :P

You can thank the Government for that one though, it's around €12k cheaper everywhere else.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Done 800km in the 156 since Sunday and all is well, popped another litre of oil into it yesterday though. I think it needs it every 1000 miles or so. However noticed a funny burning smell from the engine bay yesterday, being very worried, I got out to take a look but couldn't see anything wrong. Brought it down to the local Mechanic in Cahersiveen who took a look at it and found, that because the roads are in bits down here, the exhaust had a few pieces of mud on it, which the exhaust was burning as I drove along. Gave the engine bay a good clean and all is well again.

The mechanic took the car for a drive after he checked it and while he said it was a lovely car (honest he did :D) he did again highlight the suspension issue to me, it would appear it needs to be resolved and as such I am going to try sort it when back in Dublin.

Car is really running well though for a car that has had 10k km put on it since the end of September. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Stheno wrote: »

You know you want it. It's an amazing set, but buy it from amazon.fr it's 76eu with free super saver delivery. I would like to get one more set just for parts alone. I would if I would not get shafted again at work. I was down to 4 days and now they decided to put me down to 3. Happy days...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

original.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Old but gold :rolleyes:.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,298 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

BX 19 wrote: »
    original.jpg

tumblr_lm01b9KQXk1qdmwg9o1_400.gif

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Hal1 wrote: »
    Old but gold :rolleyes:.

Is that for real?

My car is back, retest tomorrow night :)

And I am allowed drive limited distances :)

BX 19 wrote: »
    original.jpg

I can't even see that.

tumblr_lr4wanB1H31qjpyf6o1_500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Stheno wrote: »
    Is that for real?

My car is back, retest tomorrow night :)

And I am allowed drive limited distances :)

Well if they were fletters then yeah.
    Ahem valid nct displayed on your windscreen. :)

Ffs. 3 fecking horses in my front yard. Wandered in from the main road. 100% travellers horses... Ffs...

No idea what to do.

Ffs. 3 fecking horses in my front yard. Wandered in from the main road. 100% travellers horses... Ffs...

No idea what to do.

Okay, I failed to think of something funny to type..:D

So, I say you should call the gards, they will take care of it/the horses. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

No idea what to do.

"F*ck your Subaru, theres a horse outside" :pac:

eh feck it, make a video of you trying to push them out or something.

• Advertisement

It passed the funny lane for me. One of those horses is huge. If it will lean on any of my cars the body work will be destroyed.

If if is travellers horses I wonder what will happen, won't they be all over my place because I called Garda on their fecking horses.

It passed the funny lane for me. One of those horses is huge. If it will lean on any of my cars the body work will be destroyed.

If if is travellers horses I wonder what will happen, won't they be all over my place because I called Garda on their fecking horses.

Do they seem be around? Like I'm just thinking, how did the horses get there in the fist place?

Is there a cat it your scoobie?
    If not make a few flames, the banging will have them gone. :p

Edit: My dad walked by the computer and just goes, "He died." Walks off like he says nothing, queue a bit of "what?" going back and forward and it turns out he was talking about Colin McRae.

I blame you for this confusion, BW. Haha

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

All he has to do is roar and shout at them in his Lithucorkian accent, they will think they've been transported to the other side of the world and will therefore fvck right off!

....Or it will spook the horses and hell will break lose.

No idea what to do.

A protective horse barrier spoiler might be what's needed for the scoobie? :D

On a serious note, call the guards, those horses are roaming loose and could be a serious danger in the dark and in the morning when traffic starts up.

Was coming home half an hour ago from Ballymun. Stopped at the lights on the roundabout then got green, just as I was about to cross the bridge to get on the M50 some complete tosser flew past, coming up the M50 slip completely ignoring two sets of red lights. Nearly had a heart attack few seconds more and it would have been a lovely smack. Dunno what he was doing, he flew up from the slip, through two sets of lights, then stopped at the next set which were green :confused:

....Or it will spook the horses and hell will break lose.

Well that's the idea really.
    Might not be best of SH but it will amuse me.

Set up a live feed while you're at it. :D

I've seen a horse go ape sh1t, it's not nice. :eek:

I've seen a horse go ape sh1t, it's not nice. :eek:

Tis not, especially when you are sitting on the one in the middle of two of them either side going ape **** and encouraging herd chaos.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

On another note, I've eaten a whole tin of Roses... I think I have an addiction :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement