Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PDC World Championship 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Hope Terry wins this. I actually hate watching Hamilton sometimes. Good solid scorer but he has a habit of making matches incredibly boring.

Not the most spectacular of players I agree, he is the ultimate grinder though. He must be a nightmare to play against, never knows when he's beaten.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Not the most spectacular of players I agree, he is the ultimate grinder though. He must be a nightmare to play against, never knows when he's beaten.
    His last game bugged the shìt out of me. He was taking a 2-0 lead in a few sets against Burnett, letting him back to 2-2 then winning 3-2. Just wanted that match to end.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭yohan the great

This is the match I have least enjoyed this week

cambo2008 wrote: »
    His last game bugged the shìt out of me. He was taking a 2-0 lead in a few sets against Burnett, letting him back to 2-2 then winning 3-2. Just wanted that match to end.

He reminds me a bit of Graham Dott in snooker. Difficult to watch, probably not as talented as most of the other top players, but because of his grit and determination he is still a match for most. I can't blame you though, he is painful viewing at times, like Justin Pipe is too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭klairondavis

Jenkins looks set to throw this match away

• Advertisement

Jenkins looks set to throw this match away

Cambo has probably put his fist through the TV at this stage :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

This will not be a walk in the park for taylor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Come on Thornton

Cambo has probably put his fist through the TV at this stage :D
    I'm just pissed off I have to watch him again. Credit to him though he took all the chances that Terry gave him. Poor Terry was awful on his doubles after some good heavy scoring.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

Come on Phil...:)

• Advertisement

This is actually pretty poor so far. Was expecting better.

This is actually pretty poor so far. Was expecting better.

Standard isn't bad but lacks..intensity.

Conor74 wrote: »

Standard isn't bad but lacks..intensity.
    Ya thats what I meant. Neither are playin that bad or that well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

Thornton looks like a beaten man.

Thornton doesn't look comfortable at all. Confidence completely shot.

All too easy for Phil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,952 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Taylor did him in for sure, never looked like losing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭Treble20

Well a break now till December 27th in the darts. Frustrating to see Hamilton win once again tonight especially when you think Terry could have won the bloody game 4-0! Hamilton is probably not the most talented darts player out there but in every game he fights tooth and nail and grinds his opponent down but personally I can't take to the man,there's something about him which I just don't like?

Taylor had it all too easy against a below par Thornton. While Taylor did improve his average to an impressive 97 Thornton made it all too easy for him never putting the Power under pressure. This was an important win for Taylor because this was the 1 dodgy game he had in the run to the last 4,after getting over tonight his guaranteed a semi final place because Hamilton will bottle it once again against him as per usual!

An impressive display from Van Gerwen after a slow start. An impressive 102.13 average from Van Gerwen is the highest in the 2nd round and what impressed me most about him was when down 2 sets to 0 he didn't panic and played superb to come back and win the game. 12 months ago that would have never happened,serious improvement made from that kid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

I don't think we should write of Lewis at all. Lewis had two easy games and two easy wins. He was not forced to up his game and the longer format will definitely suit him. Remember against Wade last year? He only got into it when he was 5-1 down. Then came out and thrashed him and won 6-5. Lewis will save his best form for the latter part of the tournament. I expect him to do the job against Painter. He won't win comfortably, but he'll do the bare minimum required and he'll up his game as the tournament progresses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

donfers wrote: »
    mvg is the nearest thing to dart perfection the game has ever seen when he has momentum behind him

Get a grip.
    he certainly brought out the best in him anyway, mvg v Lloyd will be brilliant.

Wont be, Lloyd will average about 92 and get destroyed.
    BOHtox wrote: »
    I don't think we should write of Lewis at all. Lewis had two easy games and two easy wins. He was not forced to up his game and the longer format will definitely suit him. Remember against Wade last year? He only got into it when he was 5-1 down. Then came out and thrashed him and won 6-5. Lewis will save his best form for the latter part of the tournament. I expect him to do the job against Painter. He won't win comfortably, but he'll do the bare minimum required and he'll up his game as the tournament progresses.

I love him and pray you are right but I cant see it this year.

He was still averaging 95/96 in the first couple of rounds last year, I cant see where he is going to pull the 15 points out of that are needed on his average to give him a chance to win three in a row.

He even looks sick up on stage this year, looks heavier and sweating more.

Also dont get the Hamilton hate, he is the best in the game at checking out those two dart 82s and 74s etc under pressure.
    Really like his game.

• Advertisement

mdwexford wrote: »
    Also dont get the Hamilton hate, he is the best in the game at checking out those two dart 82s and 74s etc under pressure.
    Really like his game.
    I don't even get it myself and I'm one of them. It's an irrational dislike for me. He seems like a nice guy, he's consistently at the business end of most competitions but I just can't warm to him at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭michaelr666

mdwexford wrote: »

Wont be, Lloyd will average about 92 and get destroyed.

we'll know for sure on Thursday. going to be a great day of darts, hopefully.

merry Christmas everyone :D

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Jarjohn

Anyone notice the other night that Lewis changed his darts and went back to old darts from Target. A bad sign that he has to change. Painter at 6/4 worth a punt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

When are the arrows back? 26th? 27th?

Thursday the 27th, 12:30 pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Great line up on tomorrow I fancy Painter to beat Lewis and
    Anderson to beat Barnie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,171 ✭✭✭✭briany

robbie1977 wrote: »
    Great line up on tomorrow I fancy Painter to beat Lewis and
    Anderson to beat Barnie.

I get the feeling that the second game is going to be a dead rubber. Both of those players have the potential to come out and play absolutely awful darts for a professional. Anderson and Barney can get bogged down in the 'do just enough' mentality which is a slippery slope to a defeat. I'll be switching off if it's a repeat of Barney's last match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

briany wrote: »
    I get the feeling that the second game is going to be a dead rubber. Both of those players have the potential to come out and play absolutely awful darts for a professional. Anderson and Barney can get bogged down in the 'do just enough' mentality which is a slippery slope to a defeat. I'll be switching off if it's a repeat of Barney's last match.

What are you on about.

Barney averaged 95 in his last match with a 50% checkout percentage.
    Anderson had 19 180s in his last match.

It's the match of the tournament so far and both are near the top of their game at the moment.

Here we go again :D

• Advertisement

Walsh not at the races at all, way too easy for Newton.

Advertisement