Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PDC World Championship 2013

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Awful game this. Walsh is terrible

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Steven81

There is a reason why they are first on, some line up for rest of the day. Wife might divorce me by end of week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Thank fook for that. Would have preferred Walsh to go through but was willing Newton to finish it there and save us all from another set.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Straightforward enough there for Newton, Walsh v poor compared to his last game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

Hopefully the real darts will start now.

Predictions for the rest of the days action:

Whitlock to beat Chisnall 4-2
    Wade to beat VDV 4-1
    MVG to beat Lloyd 4-1
    Barney to beat Anderson 4-3
    Lewis to beat Painter 4-0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Jarjohn

157 - sweet chizzy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Cmon Whitlock. I'd like to see him win it out.

The hair, the throw, the walk, the hair, the beard, the throw...I just don't like Whitlock.

A lot of poor finishing in that set

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

looking forward to the darts today..... bristow does my nut in tho when he co-commentates

• Advertisement

looking forward to the darts today..... bristow does my nut in tho when he co-commentates
    His criticism of Whitlock is getting annoying now. Thankfully Rod Harrington is on now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Thankfully he is gone now, but yeah, hate listening to him, all he does is slag off players.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭wilddarts

Bristow is solid ****e at commentary. Fair enough he won 5 world championships but with an average of 95????(which was the standard), He slags players off when they'r throwin better darts than he ever had to. Bad and all as Mason is on ITV4 at least he kinda takes the piss out of himself and doesnt put the players down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Steven81

Anyone wrote: »
    Thankfully he is gone now, but yeah, hate listening to him, all he does is slag off players.

Apart from Phil

wilddarts wrote: »
    Bristow is solid ****e at commentary. Fair enough he won 5 world championships but with an average of 95????(which was the standard), He slags players off when they'r throwin better darts than he ever had to.

In fairness to him, he was brilliant. Yes, he "only" threw in the mid 90s, but that was enough to make him the best ever in his day. I have no doubt but if he were throwing now, he'd be able to up his game to match anyone around.

But he is a bad commentator.

This is the worst I've ever seen Whitlock play in terms of scoring power.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭wilddarts

In fairness to him, he was brilliant. Yes, he "only" threw in the mid 90s, but that was enough to make him the best ever in his day. I have no doubt but if he were throwing now, he'd be able to up his game to match anyone around.

But he is a bad commentator.

He was throwin back in the eighties. (Keith Deller in '83???????)
    Anyway if he was able to match the standard he'd be throwing today.
    All the Embassy Legends don't Like to hear that if you cant throw an average of over a ton you cant compete.

Brilliant 152 from Whitlock there with Chizzie waiting to take out 90 for the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gotya

152!!!!!!!! wow

chizzy blown it

• Advertisement

That check out crushed Chizzy's soul

Decent game even though both players weren't at their best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

wilddarts wrote: »
    Bristow is solid ****e at commentary. Fair enough he won 5 world championships but with an average of 95????(which was the standard), He slags players off when they'r throwin better darts than he ever had to. Bad and all as Mason is on ITV4 at least he kinda takes the piss out of himself and doesnt put the players down.

95 is still a very respectable average. Would definately be in the top 16 in the world.

wade v van der voort next but first up Hazel O'Sullivan :)

Thought Chizzy was the better player, but neither played well at all. Chizzy fell apart after the 152.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭michaelr666

come on van der voort

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 563 ✭✭✭buster180

Is that a fight going on in the background of the Wade Van DerVoort Game???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭reni10

What is going on in the crowd at the wade match?
    First time I have heard the announcer call for order!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,799 ✭✭✭lertsnim

buster180 wrote: »
    Is that a fight going on in the background of the Wade Van DerVoort Game???

Looked like it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

How is Wade 3-0 up. He has robbed the last 2 sets. VdV missing far too many doubles.

Advertisement