Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PDC World Championship 2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Phil has that evil confident look about him......the format suits him I think.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

nice check out from taylor should have been the hammers that leg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

hammer wont win a set, not a patch on previous game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

barone wrote: »
    hammer wont win a set, not a patch on previous game

Aye he's shat himself big stylee

Sorry miss for Hamilton!....

• Advertisement

In all fairness he is a legend lads........

What a great thread!!....:):):)

Before anyone has a heart attack, I'm just enjoying the craic!!....:p

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gotya

Semi-final is going to be unreal!!...
    Pity it isn't the final where they meet :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

'the hammer' has been hammered

Gotya wrote: »
    Semi-final is going to be unreal!!...
    Pity it isn't the final where they meet :/

Presume Hearn praying for a Barney Van Gerwen final. It would be a big big draw, even with no English player.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭koppy

Do they all do the signing of the board after the last game. Only ever remember Taylor doing it..

• Advertisement

koppy wrote: »
    Do they all do the signing of the board after the last game. Only ever remember Taylor doing it..

Didn't Manley do it after he beat Taylor in the PL?

It's a bit cringey, after a player is humiliated he must sign the board cos Phil wants it. And after his win in the first round he made a point of handing the signed board to some kid when the cameras were rolling and he was being interviewed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Let him finish the question ffs. Taylor must be the worst person in the world to interview, butts in every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gotya

-Tam Phil Taylor said yes-

Just passing on the message :D

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Let him finish the question ffs. Taylor must be the worst person in the world to interview, butts in every time.

He's painful. The board signing and the interviews are where he is at his worst.

On the other hand, we'll miss him when he's gone. Because they are not serious issues, it's what he does on the oche that matters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

He really does get the hump sometimes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Wils110

It's a bit cringey, after a player is humiliated he must sign the board cos Phil wants it. And after his win in the first round he made a point of handing the signed board to some kid when the cameras were rolling and he was being interviewed.

He always gives the board away to someone in the crowd,he's a founding member he can do as he pleases

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭michaelr666

The greatest match ever was one that Taylor lost.. so im not surprised he's mad about them showing it all the time.. but its relevant to their match on Sunday.

lets just hopes its better then that ****e final in 2010

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Taylor was disgusted when Manley did that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,957 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

I used to be a big Barney fan but I think he's become a bit of a drama queen in the last couple of years.

Think your being a bit harsh on him. Obviously his personal life being unhappy affected his darts and he lost his confidence and interest in the game. He seemed more depressed than looking for attention. Loved his attitude tonight talking about wanting Taylor. But i do fear that if Taylor starts well Barney could crumble it's a big test for him.

I mean come on listening to Taylor what a drama queen. Getting the interviewer to say when you win it out when he said if you win it out. Then he called Barney a bad loser. Everytime Taylor loses he try's to cheat or make up excuses. Taylor is a much bigger drama queen and a very bad loser. Hope Barney stuffs him.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭koppy

Think he has the mental side of most of the players..he has them bet before the match starts. Tonights game an example. Expected a lot more from Hamilton. Van gerwin could be the one this year to be mentally strong enough for him.

• Advertisement

peteeeed wrote: »
    Taylor was disgusted when Manley did that

He was, it was hilarious. He should have seen the funny side. As if Manley ever gave two hoots what others, or the crowd, thought of him. It's hardly some ritual that must be respected by the other players, he's the only fellow who insists on it and frankly I think it's a little disrespectfulmto the loser. If he thinks its grand, why would he be annoyed when someone else does it. But again, it's not a big deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Taylor said that Barney said "He wants to die in his sleep". Has this quote been in the public domain or has Taylor just revealed a personal conversation between them?

He also said him and his wife are back together. Was it public that they separated.

I love Taylor and was cheering for every dart but this could be beyond uncalled for

He also said him and his wife are back together. Was it public that they separated.

Thought that was an odd one, was wondering if it was general knowledge.

Is is now anyway...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Taylor said that Barney said "He wants to die in his sleep". Has this quote been in the public domain or has Taylor just revealed a personal conversation between them?

I love Taylor and was cheering for every dart but this could be beyond uncalled for
    Thought that was a bit of an odd and way out of line comment myself. The man is terrible in interviews.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 414 ✭✭melon_collie

Have to agree with Richard_Hillman. I thought it was the height of bad form for Taylor to mention that Barney 'wanted to die in his sleep.' Phil is a great player and has done so much for the sport but my God he is such a d*ck. I hope Barney kicks his ar*e on Sunday even though I know he probably won't. But here's to wishing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,171 ✭✭✭✭briany

Yeah, what a weird thing for Taylor to say. I could imagine Barney having said that though because he's been through some stuff over the last few years and he's always seemed to tend toward the melancholy in his personality. In any case, whether he said it or not, pretty bad form from Taylor and I wouldn't be surprised to see hints of bad blood come Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

It was such a bizarre interview. Taylor came across as typically arrogant but a couple of his comments were obviously not meant for public domain, it just all became a bit uncomfortable. A really dirty move on Taylor's part to stoop so low.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Whatever Barney said about being afraid of Taylor is hard to believe. If he was afraid of him, he would have been beaten 7-0 in 2007 in the final. It might be only recently Barney was afraid of him.

Sky's coverage is great and rubbish at the same time. Its great for the sport this exposure but sky have some real obvious favourites (Taylor, Lewis, Lloyd) which is very annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,957 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

I thought it was common knowledge that Barney and his wife were seperated im sure i heard it before. Thought i heard someone say they only got back together before he won the tournament a few weeks ago.

On the dying in his sleep i think Taylor deserves a fine or something that's not something you say live on tv. Everybody is always too nice to Taylor and if their not he can't take it. Everybody licks his arse and when somebody stands upto him he can't take it. The Manley incident and his behaviour towards Lewis who is no saint when he started challenging him and his behaviour against MVG. Taylor for years has licked the arse off Barney and talking him up because he was hammering him everyime. Now Barney with a bit of confidence back says he wants to beat Taylor and Taylor reveals two private matters on tv. Dismisses the suggestion that their game is still the biggest draw and walks off when they show Barney's win. He is like a spoiled child who can't handle it when people put it upto him.

When i first looked at the match i thought Taylor 8/15 might be worth lumping on because of Barney crumbling everytime against him. But then you have to think did Barney even play this good the last time he won the world's. I think he is playing better and looks more confident now. Also Taylor's comments will have Barney fired up even more. Also you take into the fact that Taylor is not playing at the top of his game. I think all things considered Barney is not going to give up easily and i think i will be backing him to win the match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

The rumour was that Barney was having an affair a few years back and he was being blackmailed. He actually mentioned that he was being blackmailed during a Premier League interview AFAIK. He obviously didn't mention if he was/was not having an affair though.

His attitude in the last 2-3 years has been terrible though, to the fact where he probably shouldn't have gotten a PL place last year. I backed him for the Worlds this year purely on his performance in the Grand Slam. He seems to be re-invigorated. I think he will beat Taylor in the semi's, looking forward to it slightly less than MvG vs Lewis tomorrow night.

btw, I can post the betting slip for Barney if anyone wants. Aftertiming annoys me. I usually post my selections but didn't on this occasion.

Advertisement