Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PDC World Championship 2013

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

Well done MVG, that man is a darts machine!! Hardluck Lewis, that game should've been the final, possibly the best game I've ever watched.

*runs to bathroom*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

YEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I'm so pleased that slabbery **** lewis is out!

GO ON MVG!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

uuuunnnnnnn****kkkiiiinnnbeliveibleeeeeeeeeee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Hats off. What a classic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Wow. What a f**king game. Unreal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

I'm worn out after that!....

Epic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Yeeeeeees sensational , best game I've ever seen , both men were amazing .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭shiibata

Stand up, if u love the darts, stand up, if u love the darts:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Brilliant. We know he has a bit of bottle now too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭sfwcork

What language is lewis speaking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

''That was better than Taylor and Barney's game'' - Adrian Lewis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Great match, almost impossible for the rest of the tournament to top that.

Jaysus....thats just for starters

Already missed most of match of the day(like it woulda topped that last game) and what looks like an epic fight card on UFC 155 later aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

What an unbelievable game. Best I've ever seen on tv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

lol at the sign held behind Lewis

"My body is a temple"

(in ruins)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

sfwcork wrote: »

It is a mixture of Olde Stokish and simmering rage and tears.

sfwcork wrote: »

He sounds like he's been at the dentist & forgotten to take the cotton buds out of his gub .... or it is lewis maybe there's a few chicken wings stuck in there :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Really brilliant game of darts, roll on Barney v Powah tomorrow, may the dutch roll on!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Jaw dropping. Great advertisement for darts, a top quality game like that between two great players and it creates so much tension and drama.

Delighted for MVG, awesome performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Amazing bottle by MVG. He' ll need plenty off it going forward. Serious scorer but double misses are a worry. Should take out Wade too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Best game ever played on tv for sure.

Amazing from Adrian to step his game up to that level tonight.
    Embarrassed I doubted him.

321182_447355991978480_1078348872_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

had to stop posting there for a few mins, what a game, top class match from 2 fine athletes.delighted MVG won...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭Treble20

Yet again another classic from Ally Pally! Even though Lewis was taking advantage all night of Van Gerwen missing doubles the 1 time he needed to hit them he failed! Well done to Van Gerwen,showed great bottle there when it looked all over for him.

As for Lewis I backed him to do the 3 in a row from the start and in fairness to him he gave me a good run for my money. However I have to be critical about him. There was a story in the Sun this morning where he was talking a load of s***e about no sympathy for Van Gerwen and how he might buy him a plaster for Van Gerwen out of his £200,000 winners cheque! He doesn't endear himself to the darting public talking this kind of nonsense. I've met Adrian a few times and he's actually quite a nice lad but IMO a very gullible lad and I'm sure whatever journalist done this story exposed that side of him and made sure to get him to go OTT on Van Gerwen!

Adrian has been a great champion but he needs to cop himself on big time as regards dealing with the media and his health,while darts players have a tendency to be a bit on the heavy side Adrian is overweight but very bloated looking,he needs to look after himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Riprock

I read that Sun story also. Having said that I thought in Lewis's after match interview he was reasonably gracious in defeat and he only mentioned the crowd being against him once! I think some credit due but delighted to see MVG winning. Absolute belter. It would be great to see the 2 dutch in the final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Treble20 wrote: »
    I've met Adrian a few times and he's actually quite a nice lad but IMO a very gullible lad and I'm sure whatever journalist done this story exposed that side of him and made sure to get him to go OTT on Van Gerwen!

He does come across as a bit of an oaf. I don't think there's any malice in him at all, but he clearly doesn't think before he speaks in most cases. It might be nerves that causes him to blurt things like that out, because he looks very uncomfortable with being interviewed in front of the Sky cameras I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭Treble20

He does come across as a bit of an oaf. I don't think there's any malice in him at all, but he clearly doesn't think before he speaks in most cases. It might be nerves that causes him to blurt things like that out, because he looks very uncomfortable with being interviewed in front of the Sky cameras I think.
    My opinion of him before I met him a few years ago was that he was an arrogant sod! But I met him in Killarney a few years ago and had a good chat with him and he was a grand lad,very down to earth and very friendly but I got this thing from him that he was a gullible lad,easily led astray and as you said speaks before he thinks! I've met Adrian a few times since then and I could not say a bad word about the lad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

epic match but not as good as taylor barney 07
    very very close

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Treble20 wrote: »
    My opinion of him before I met him a few years ago was that he was an arrogant sod! But I met him in Killarney a few years ago and had a good chat with him and he was a grand lad,very down to earth and very friendly but I got this thing from him that he was a gullible lad,easily led astray and as you said speaks before he thinks! I've met Adrian a few times since then and I could not say a bad word about the lad.

Yeah, I really like him! no malice in him whatsoever. Probably a bit harmless if anything. I think he gets a raw deal but handles it quite well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Edge of the seat stuff tonight,both games were amazing but in particular the Lewis v Van Gerwen game.

Cant wait for The Power v Barney Sunday night,im rooting for The Power and i think he will just have enough to edge it.

Advertisement