Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PDC World Championship 2013

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭shiibata

Think Wade will really try hard to slow things up big time....Cant stand Wade but can se him beating MVG..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

Lewis went way up in my estimation tonight, in bad form, MVG banging in 180's like there's no tomorrow and he fought like a true champion, averaging 100 over 9 sets and having 2 darts to win it, a true champion's performance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

shiibata wrote: »
    Think Wade will really try hard to slow things up big time....Cant stand Wade but can se him beating MVG..
    Every player tries to do that to MVG and he is still winning games. He has matured so much in the last year. I can't see Wade beating him. MVG does need to improve his doubles though, his scoring power won him that game tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭Treble20

The 2 semis to look forward to later tonight.

Wade v Van Gerwen is the 1st game up. I'm happy for Wade that he has reached the semis,he's had a tough year with his health issues. It must be said though Wade has been lucky to get this far,the draw was kind to him and Newton let him off the hook tonight. Van Gerwen is in brilliant form but his missed doubles would be a worry. However I feel he'll be far too strong for Wade and Van Gerwen should win this one 6-3 or 6-4 I reckon.

No doubt Barney v Taylor will be the most eagerly awaited game of the night. Both players are playing very well and no doubt both are determined to reach the final and win the new Sid Waddell trophy. Taylor has been increasing his average game by game while Barney has been averaging around the 100 mark in his games with an exceptional 108 average in his 1st round game against Smith. I see a 6-5 result here,Barney to win and make it an all Dutch final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 294 ✭✭Kieran81

is it a coincidence that mvg's great form has come after the disappearance of klassen from the scene (not even sure he's still on the tour)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

I'm picking Van Gerwen to win handy enough in his semi. I'm picking Taylor to beat Barney, I just think he's mentally much tougher than Barney.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭Treble20

I'm picking Van Gerwen to win handy enough in his semi. I'm picking Taylor to beat Barney, I just think he's mentally much tougher than Barney.
    If it was 12 months ago Taylor v Barney I'd agree with you but personally I think Barney is in a lot better position now and is a way more confident than 12 months ago.I fancy him to edge out Taylor but this game has an 11 setter written all over it IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Kieran81 wrote: »
    is it a coincidence that mvg's great form has come after the disappearance of klassen from the scene (not even sure he's still on the tour)

Unless Klassen was molesting him I can't see how it would have any bearing.

Treble20 wrote: »
    The 2 semis to look forward to later tonight.

Wade v Van Gerwen is the 1st game up. I'm happy for Wade that he has reached the semis,he's had a tough year with his health issues. It must be said though Wade has been lucky to get this far,the draw was kind to him and Newton let him off the hook tonight. Van Gerwen is in brilliant form but his missed doubles would be a worry. However I feel he'll be far too strong for Wade and Van Gerwen should win this one 6-3 or 6-4 I reckon.

No doubt Barney v Taylor will be the most eagerly awaited game of the night. Both players are playing very well and no doubt both are determined to reach the final and win the new Sid Waddell trophy. Taylor has been increasing his average game by game while Barney has been averaging around the 100 mark in his games with an exceptional 108 average in his 1st round game against Smith. I see a 6-5 result here,Barney to win and make it an all Dutch final.

Like MVG but think Wade will grind him down unfortunately....

Barney is my favourite darter by country mile and would love him to thump Taylor again, he has great chance but am fearful....

And all IFS but if wade beats MVG and Barney beats Taylor, I think wade could do it....11/1 not bad odds for wade at this stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Amazing match this evenin, had everything really. Prob a very close 2nd to the Barney v Taylor final as best match i've seen.

Delighted MVG got there in the end. Was full sure that Lewis would have got that double top. So many twists in the plot, it was top class viewing....not a fan of Lewis, but found new respect for him this evening after that display, and his words afterwards.

• Advertisement

Stevecw wrote: »
    Amazing match this evenin, had everything really. Prob a very close 2nd to the Barney v Taylor final as best match i've seen.

Delighted MVG got there in the end. Was full sure that Lewis would have got that double top. So many twists in the plot, it was top class viewing....not a fan of Lewis, but found new respect for him this evening after that display, and his words afterwards.

Ye, agree, not eager on Lewis either but fair dues to him on his comments after, was amazed when they said they have Lewis for a few words, thought he would run off sulking but fair dues, was gracious enough in defeat..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

All Dutch final for me! In saying that though, i'd love Van Gerwen to shut Taylor up, once again in the final!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

donfers wrote: »
    Lewis went way up in my estimation tonight, in bad form, MVG banging in 180's like there's no tomorrow and he fought like a true champion, averaging 100 over 9 sets and having 2 darts to win it, a true champion's performance

He lost!?!?!?

:rolleyes:

Some bookies offering 12/1 on Wade winning it outright. I must say I'm half tempted at that price. He would need to up his game a fair bit to beat van Gerwen, and hope MvG continues missing doubles too. If he came through that he'd have a chance in the final I think, Taylor or Barneveld is an easier game than MvG at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,542 ✭✭✭celt262

Some bookies offering 12/1 on Wade winning it outright. I must say I'm half tempted at that price. He would need to up his game a fair bit to beat van Gerwen, and hope MvG continues missing doubles too. If he came through that he'd have a chance in the final I think, Taylor or Barneveld is an easier game than MvG at the moment.

MVG will blow wade off the board the way both of them are playing only going to be one winner.

Remember Newton could/should have been at least 3-0 up last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Wade does not have the scoring power to get near Mighty Mike.

He will need to take out ton plus finishes every second leg to stay with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

Yeh, can't see Wade getting anywhere near beating MVG. Taylor, Barney, MVG and Wade in action so there's a pretty good chance of a 9 darter tonight.

IMO they are the 4 best players in the world. Roll on 7 o'clock.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭michaelr666

always preferred the semis to the final, especially in the last few years as the final had disappointed, the last great one I remember was the one in 07. also we have two matches tonight instead so one so that always helps.

anyway I expected Mvg and Taylor to win, but both matches will be epic I feel. if it was like the last match last night we're in for a treat. :)

Wade could win and it wouldn't be a huge shock, but he needs lots of things to go his way, he needs to up his game and take every chance, hope Van Gerwen is perhaps a bit drained after last night, hope he has trouble with finishing. It's certainly possible, but strictly on form right now you have to say its hard to see him do it.

always preferred the semis to the final, especially in the last few years as the final had disappointed, the last great one I remember was the one in 07.

Yeah, the finals in recent years have been a bit underwhelming.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

i hope its a all dutch final,the bias from sky last night was unbelievable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

barone wrote: »
    i hope its a all dutch final,the bias from sky last night was unbelievable
    British media in supporting British players shocker :eek:
    If it was RTE and an Irish player it would be no different.

Hoping for a Taylor v MvG final meself, with MvG winning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

To win , I think barney must win the first set, just play the board

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Jarjohn

I can see Wade slowing things up but MVG on ordinary form still has too much for Wade. Phil and Barney will be tight. Barney goes asleep in games Phil will jump on that. Barney has to be 3-2 up after 5 to have a chance but I really hope for an all Dutch Final, oh and I hope Barney gets Phil to sign the board after beating him:D

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭koppy

peteeeed wrote: »
    To win , I think barney must win the first set, just play the board

Vital for barney not to go behind early.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭langer91

lads what ye think of MVG -2.5 tonight fancy this myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

langer91 wrote: »
    lads what ye think of MVG -2.5 tonight fancy this myself

He should BUT his doubles last night were shocking which would put me off

celt262 wrote: »
    MVG will blow wade off the board the way both of them are playing only going to be one winner.

Remember Newton could/should have been at least 3-0 up last night.

Obv MvG is a big favourite with the way they're both playing. If MvG has an off day and Wade finds his form of a couple of years back it's possible. It's a long shot of course and unlikely to happen, but 12-1 are long enough odds that it might be worth a small punt. Still fancy a Taylor vs MvG final though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,173 ✭✭✭✭briany

Jarjohn wrote: »
    I can see Wade slowing things up but MVG on ordinary form still has too much for Wade. Phil and Barney will be tight. Barney goes asleep in games Phil will jump on that. Barney has to be 3-2 up after 5 to have a chance but I really hope for an all Dutch Final, oh and I hope Barney gets Phil to sign the board after beating him:D

He should say to Smiley Dave, "He tried to hug me after the game but then I thought about what happened between him and those two young girls and I just wondered if I was safe from his advances. You never know when the mood might take him so I respectfully declined."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭michaelr666

here we go... :D

Advertisement