Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PDC World Championship 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

If you want a bit of drama go watch Fair City.

If you want unscripted drama watch the darts;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

Sky Sports as deferential as ever. Expected some background music as Taylor announced that he would give the trophy to Sid's wife. No hard questions about the scenes at the end.
    The first question Clark asked him was about what happened at the end and Taylor told him to not ask him anything about it and rightfully so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,613 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

And you think BBC MOTD panel was bad, sky darts lads are ****ing awful. So scared to give an controversial opinion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

no interview with barney for his side of things?
    of course, well done sky

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭dave45dave

What a pri<k , hope MVG hammers him tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

The first question Clark asked him was about what happened at the end and Taylor told him to not ask him anything about it and rightfully so.

why rightfully so?....listen taylor is a great player but sometimes he has to show some respect to the opponent and barney deserved the respect after that game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,258 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Jayob10 wrote: »
    wrap up this farce of an interview

Taylor doesn't like Dave Clarke either, probably can see sky start to big up Van Gerwen in his place

Has Harrington climbed out of Taylors arse yet?

Clarke is afraid of Taylor at this stage

You could feel the tension between Clarke and Taylor, first thing Taylor said to him was I'm not telling you because you tell everyone.

Then a real awkward silence a few moments later when Clarke mentioned it being an amazing game or something, Taylor stayed quiet and went back to talking to his mate.

Seems he only wants it to be about himself, which explains a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

If taylor dosent win that final Id expect a bit of a scrap after that match or his antibiotics hadnt done the trick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

If you want a bit of drama go watch Fair City.

What a statement to make on the darts forum!!! You're losing the plot just like your hero, buddy!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

I really hope Van Gerwen wins, but if I'd to put my house on it I'd be putting it on Taylor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Where the **** is dumpy when you need him

But a good interviewer would have pressed a little bit more. In few sports would you see someone dictate the questions that they can ask. How he answers is up to him, but one cannot tell the interviewer that they are not entitled to go there, or at least they can try it but it should be ignored.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭Juwwi

retalivity wrote: »
    of course, well done sky

Sky would of gave Barnie an interview if he had of wanted to.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭mikehunts

Did van Gerwan beat him recently 6/5 in another final. PDPA Players Championship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,104 ✭✭✭mada999

yup a bully, the Fergie of darts lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

robbie1977 wrote: »
    I've rewound it a few times and it looks to me like Barnie was the cause of the trouble at the end :confused:

I thought that to, they shook hands, Taylor turned to get his darts & Barney refused to let go & dragged him back :confused:
    retalivity wrote: »
    of course, well done sky

How many losers have they interviewed during the tournament? I cant remember any....plus Barney's a moody f**ker who refuses to even do interviews after he has won :rolleyes:

I dunno were all the Taylor haters have crawled out of all the sudden :confused: I'm sick of seeing him win though so would love MVG to win

markie29 wrote: »
    why rightfully so?....listen taylor is a great player but sometimes he has to show some respect to the opponent and barney deserved the respect after that game.
    Obviously something away from the oche has gone on between the two of them. Taylor didn't get to where he is today by being Mr nice guy, he is ruthless. Reminds me of SAF.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Every darts fan knows that Taylor simply doesn't like being hugged by other players.

Barney is too touchy feely, wanting to be everyones best pal. He should have given the man who beat him some space.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

Obviously something away from the oche has gone on between the two of them. Taylor didn't get to where he is today by being Mr nice guy, he is ruthless. Reminds me of SAF.

maybe thats why i dont like him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Bookmakers have called most of these games correctly so far,

The final is priced up at 50/50 currently

• Advertisement

monkey9 wrote: »
    What a statement to make on the darts forum!!! You're losing the plot just like your hero, buddy!!
    Must be time for your bed now. Off you go, good lad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

robbie1977 wrote: »
    Sky would of gave Barnie an interview if he had of wanted to.

How do u know that? Obvious Barney has nothing to be ashamed of. They wont interview him because they dont want any bad publicity that would take away from the final imo

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,613 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Both players were in the wrong in my eyes

Taylor started first with not shaking Barneys hands first and then Barney for not letting go of Taylor's hand

But in the end Taylor came out of it the worse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Devastator wrote: »

How many losers have they interviewed during the tournament? I cant remember any....plus Barney's a moody f**ker who refuses to even do interviews after he has won :rolleyes:

theyve usually interviewed the winner in the studio, and the loser out on the runway with the fans

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

are you taylor's missus or something?

Do you think it strange that everybody else on here thought taylor behaved like a petulant child yet you don't

in any case taylor virtually admitted he behaved like a spoilt little kid by not mentioning what went on, he is obviously embarrassed by his utterly classless behaviour and wanted to sweep it under the carpet as soon as possible, his bum-buddy analyst mates of course ensured he could be let away with that

my guess is that he was riled that the crowd backed barney and also riled that he lost his bottle as barney came back at him and was also riled that barney said he doesn't fear him, so for all the talk of mind games i think taylor almost ended up screwing up his own mind and the way he behaved at the end certainly suggested this

it's a pity we didn't get a chance to hear what barney said but judging by how embarrassed taylor was about it and how quickly he wanted to move on from it, i would wager big money he acted like a total tart - a few years ago he couldn't shut his trap in a post-match interview about how nasty chris mason was to him so if there was something there then have no doubt taylor would have blurted it out

a class darts player but at times a classless man and he wonders why he doesn't get the love

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Fergie has at least a bit of class. Taylor has 0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Bookmakers have called most of these games correctly so far,

The final is priced up at 50/50 currently
    It won't be a draw, I can guarantee you that now :)

Like him or loathe him, the man is a phenomenon. He's a multi millionaire I'm sure he doesn't give a fiddlers what anyone thinks of him.

I love MVG but I hope Taylor beats him tomorrow night and gives two fingers to all the Barney fanboys.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

go way outta that, you win like a man, lose like a man.

To say the bloke won but still behaved like a pr*ck says it all about him.

He is losing his edge on opponents and the strain is showing. He is pushing the limits of gamesmanship to compensate.

You could see Barney was genuinely bemused and actually asked "what happened"

Taylor was more than likely taking it out on barney for the rowdy antics in the crowd. Of course its fair game when he is not on the receiving end.

Advertisement