Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PDC World Championship 2013

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭sfwcork

Devastator wrote: »
    I thought that to, they shook hands, Taylor turned to get his darts & Barney refused to let go & dragged him back :confused:

How many losers have they interviewed during the tournament? I cant remember any....plus Barney's a moody f**ker who refuses to even do interviews after he has won :rolleyes:

I dunno were all the Taylor haters have crawled out of all the sudden :confused: I'm sick of seeing him win though so would love MVG to win
    Ahhhh didnt they interview lewis last night after he was beat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

How do u know that? Obvious Barney has nothing to be ashamed of. They wont interview him because they dont want any bad publicity that would take away from the final imo
    You can be sure sky would have loved Barney to come up for an interview & add some spice to the whole thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Devastator wrote: »
    I thought that to, they shook hands, Taylor turned to get his darts & Barney refused to let go & dragged him back :confused:

I reckon Barnie took offence to Taylors comments over Barnie wanting to die in his sleep and getting back with the missus stuff.

I've had another look Barnie said something out of order to Taylor and then would'nt let go of Taylors hand imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭michaelr666

Jayob10 wrote: »
    wrap up this farce of an interview

Taylor doesn't like Dave Clarke either, probably can see sky start to big up Van Gerwen in his place

Has Harrington climbed out of Taylors arse yet?

Clarke is afraid of Taylor at this stage

he's always been afraid of him. he's better off presenting the boxing anyway cant stand him talking about darts, would rather see players argue then see a good game of darts.

also his comments after the wade ven gerwen match about it being a "warm up" match was pure disrespectful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,613 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Lelantos wrote: »
    You can be sure sky would have loved Barney to come up for an interview & add some spice to the whole thing.

Not really

They had their chance with Taylor but were afraid of him
    He's there poster boy hence not want to stir the pot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Like him or loathe him, the man is a phenomenon. He's a multi millionaire I'm sure he doesn't give a fiddlers what anyone thinks of him.

I love MVG but I hope Taylor beats him tomorrow night and gives two fingers to all the Barney fanboys.

From his reaction when the crowd favours another player, I beg to differ.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

The only reason he didnt let go is because he was talking to him, but Taylor but just kept walking, ignoring him like the prick he is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭Juwwi

How do u know that? Obvious Barney has nothing to be ashamed of. They wont interview him because they dont want any bad publicity that would take away from the final imo

Sure Sky would of loving either player to spill the beans on what happened.
    They interviewed Lewis last night .

How do you know Barnie has nothing to ashamed of?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

go way outta that, you win like a man, lose like a man.

To say the bloke won but still behaved like a pr*ck says it all about him.

He is losing his edge on opponents and the strain is showing. He is pushing the limits of gamesmanship to compensate.

You could see Barney was genuinely bemused and actually asked "what happened"

Taylor was more than likely taking it out on barney for the rowdy antics in the crowd. Of course its fair game when he is not on the receiving end.
    Taylor didn't act like that for nothing. Something has gone on that we may never know about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭allybhoy

I love MVG but I hope Taylor beats him tomorrow night and gives two fingers to all the Barney fanboys.

Hope you havent planned your NYE around the final cos you might be dissapointed...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 731 ✭✭✭inmyday

Obviously something away from the oche has gone on between the two of them. Taylor didn't get to where he is today by being Mr nice guy, he is ruthless. Reminds me of SAF.

Nothing like Alex Ferguson. Alex has to manage the biggest club in the world, he has to look after 30+ people and get them to do what he wants on a football pitch.

Pr1ck Taylor has only himself to look after. And gets narky with everyone else when he wins/loses!
    And Alex doesnt get narky when he wins.

And in sport, some people do get to where they are by being Mr. nice Guy. Messi, katie taylor, brian O'Driscoll.

allybhoy wrote: »
    Hope you havent planned your NYE around the final cos you might be dissapointed...
    We'll see ;)

I'll be happy if MVG wins though, he has been unbelievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

inmyday wrote: »
    Nothing like Alex Ferguson. Alex has to manage the biggest club in the world, he has to look after 30+ people and get them to do what he wants on a football pitch.

Pr1ck Taylor has only himself to look after. And gets narky with everyone else when he wins/loses!
    And Alex doesnt get narky when he wins.

And in sport, some people do get to where they are by being Mr. nice Guy. Messi, katie taylor, brian O'Driscoll.
    Lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

Like him or loathe him, the man is a phenomenon. He's a multi millionaire I'm sure he doesn't give a fiddlers what anyone thinks of him.

its always funny when someone always has to stand on the opposite side of the fence just to be different to everyone else.

Not particularly a Barney fan, just thought it was lacking in class to see Taylor behave that way.

If it happened in any other sport folk would say the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

u can tell by Barney body language that he wanted himself & phil to make up
    but Taylor didn't want to because he was pissed off that the fans turned against him

Pkiernan wrote: »
    Every darts fan knows that Taylor simply doesn't like being hugged by other players.

Barney is too touchy feely, wanting to be everyones best pal. He should have given the man who beat him some space.

You correctly limited it to players. There is a Court in Scotland that concluded that Taylor was the touchy feely one and it was his company that declined! ;)

Great great player, but he's getting the crotchety old man syndrome. He is around the game long enough to know that that would have looked bad, hence he wanted to clam up about it and also deny the interviewer the right to probe further.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 ATR180

2 maybe 3 yrs ago taylor got 3rd in the bbc sports personality awards and said it was gr8 for himself and for the sport of darts to be recognised....this man is [was] the flagbearer of the game we all love and for a man who has won it all to carry on like that at the end of a match he WON is a disgrace and disrespectful to all.......just my opinion ........

We'll see ;)

I'll be happy if MVG wins though, he has been unbelievable.

I think your missing the point......

or maybe the day???

darced wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.
    Taylors has millions of fans all over the world. A couple of drunk idiots booing in the crowd won't make much difference.

• Advertisement

or maybe the day???

Penny drops in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

Headshot wrote: »

Not really

They had their chance with Taylor but were afraid of him
    He's there poster boy hence not want to stir the pot
    Ridiculous, sky want viewers, that interview would have added spice & more viewers to the final. That's what they care about. I'd guess Barney wasn't in the right frame of mind to do the interview.

or maybe the day???
    Tuesday night even.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

Taylors has millions of fans all over the world. A couple of drunk idiots booing in the crowd won't make much difference.

I think tonights antics show that this is not the case

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

It did. He went on a mad one. Were you not watching??!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Taylor had the flu..once the antibiotics kick in he wont be actin like a moody bitch.Well thats what dave clarke is hoping.

See you all for the final..

PLAYERSCHAMPSSFTAYLOR6_2870017.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

PaddyPower has Taylor slight favourite for the final.

The Power 5/6 & MVG even money, I think alot of money will be placed on MVG.

See you all for the final..

PLAYERSCHAMPSSFTAYLOR6_2870017.jpg

Im going out 2moro :)

• Advertisement

Antibiotics are useless on flu, its a virus.

Advertisement