Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PDC World Championship 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

wadacrack wrote: »
    Taylor had the flu..once the antibiotics kick in he wont be actin like a moody bitch.Well thats what dave clarke is hoping.

That is a valid excuse, to be fair. I once viciously assaulted someone and the judge let me off because I had the flu at the time. Manflu is a pain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Must be time for your bed now. Off you go, good lad.

Oh right...well before i go to bed....:rolleyes:

I'm not interested in getting into some childish arguement because you obviously have a liking for Taylor. So i'll leave it at this. I don't hate Taylor, right? He's the greatest player ever to play the game and i repect the bloke for everything he's achieved.

My point i am making is that his behaviour tonight was not on. The match got to him big time because he thought he had it won, at one stage he thought he was teaching Barney a lesson and he was loving it. And from his point of view, why not?

But he clearly got annoyed when Barney came back at him and made him have to battle. He clearly celebrated in front of Barney before the handshakes even came about.

He was making excuses during the match when the comeback was on. He was looking like there was a draught, then during the interview he was saying something about it being the cameraman or something that was putting him off.

Then it was the flu and antibiotics and doctors should have been called etc etc.

He's coming to the end and he knows it. He may well win on tuesday, but he really is now a champ who knows what he wants to do, yet he can't quite do it anymore. He knows a few years ago that he would have killed that game off.

He's the greatest, but he's also classless.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭big dar

Most of the crowd are not even watching the darts The final will see them sing for van gerwen for the whole match and if taylor win it will be"walking in a taylor wonderland" So to get upset at a crowd who only want a piss up and a sing song is idiotic. Pissed up huge crowd pay his wages after all

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

Taylor is a right little sh*t.

No class, no maturity.

Mighty Mike will stuff him on Tuesday, hopefully...

PaddyPower has Taylor slight favourite for the final.

As he should be. If anyone has the nerve to withstand the Van Gerwen onslaught unphased, it's Taylor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭Treble20

What happened tonight makes a mockery of the sport,Taylor was like a sulking school kid up on stage,embarrassing! The gutter press will have a field day blowing about this! Disgusted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭sfwcork

Who will present the final with dave clarke?no way rod will ave crawled out of taylors asshole by then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

It's times like tonight you need Bristow in the commentary box. He wouldn't hold back for the sake of pleasing Taylor.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

The coward presenting folded like a napkin when Taylor gave him 'the look'. typical Sky chicken sh*t...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

leggo wrote: »
    That is a valid excuse, to be fair. I once viciously assaulted someone and the judge let me off because I had the flu at the time. Manflu is a pain.
    Odd post

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭allybhoy

In fairness ive watched it a few times aswell, something happened between the two of them, i think Barney may have whispered something in his ear or else gripped his hand too tight but basically somethin happend between the two of them right at the end and we dont\wont know what that is unless RVB fills us in which i doubt he will.

Power doesnt come out of it well and probably should have clarified what happened in his interview but he didnt so i doubt we'll ever know. My guess is that Barney either said "you took your time to shake my hand" or else "MVG will destroy you"

On a seperate note, ive seen a good few matches in the PDC this year and after the winning double is thrown the victor often runs to the crowd fistpumping instead of immediately shaking hands with the loser and saying good game etc. MVG done it against Wade tonight although not against Lewis. Its not nice to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭cizolin

I think people are forgetting the pressure they're under up on that stage. You can see how m.v.g relieves that pressure on stage by his reactions to winning legs and sets.

For taylor the pressure he was under looked immense. I know if i just wanted to shake an opponents hand and with all that adrenaline flowing through me that i could of reacted like taylor did. Pressure does strange things to people, champions even and for every action there is a reaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 ATR180

allybhoy wrote: »
    In fairness ive watched it a few times aswell, something happened between the two of them, i think Barney may have whispered something in his ear or else gripped his hand too tight but basically somethin happend between the two of them right at the end and we dont\wont know what that is unless RVB fills us in which i doubt he will.

Power doesnt come out of it well and probably should have clarified what happened in his interview but he didnt so i doubt we'll ever know. My guess is that Barney either said "you took your time to shake my hand" or else "MVG will destroy you"

On a seperate note, ive seen a good few matches in the PDC this year and after the winning double is thrown the victor often runs to the crowd fistpumping instead of immediately shaking hands with the loser and saying good game etc. MVG done it against Wade tonight although not against Lewis. Its not nice to see.
    DON'T REMEMBER WADE SHAKING MVG'S HAND AFTER THE "9 DARTER"

Tay;or is very experienced and well used to pressure situations. There was needle before this match. Taylor discussing Barneveld personal life before the game. Taylor got the hump when they showed the final of 2007. If it was another oppenent taylor wouldnt have reacted like he did

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Taylors has millions of fans all over the world. A couple of drunk idiots booing in the crowd won't make much difference.

Clearly they did as he was noticeably irked by a few fans which he specifically referred to in his interview "I'd love to catch them and ring their necks in".

Tay;or is very experienced and well used to pressure situations. There was needle before this match. Taylor discussing Barneveld personal life before the game. Taylor got the hump when they showed the final of 2007. If it was another oppenent taylor wouldnt have reacted like he did

Yes, but did you not hear rod harrington say also that he never seen phil want to win so much. Thus phil put added pressure on his shoulders. He hasn't won it in a few years also adding to it.

The pressure is unbeliveable no matter how used to it you are. If you see these players in exbo's you see how good they actually are. Tv/stage/big games shows how tough the pressure can really be.

cizolin wrote: »
    Yes, but did you not hear rod harrington say also that he never seen phil want to win so much. Thus phil put added pressure on his shoulders. He hasn't won it in a few years also adding to it.

The pressure is unbeliveable no matter how used to it you are. If you see these players in exbo's you see how good they actually are. Tv/stage/big games shows how tough the pressure can really be.
    Theyre maybe be added pressure but still no excuse for taylors bitchy behaviour. Hes 52 you would think hed have mellowed. MVG will hopefully silence taylor

For all those saying something happened between them, yes it did. Barney said he wasn't scared of Taylor. Taylor seemed to take offense at this. That's what happened.

Now Taylor was loving showing Barney up tonight because of that. He was loving it! And as i've previously said, why shouldn't he? If Barney wants to talk the talk, he should walk the walk etc etc and other such cliches.

But Taylor lost the plot when Barney starting coming back at him and the crowd egged on Barney. That's it! Simple as that. That's what got to Taylor.

Now for those saying Barney obviously said something to Taylor in the handshake or forced the handshake, just look at how Taylor celebrated when the winning the dart went in.

He clearly celebrated with fists pumping right in front of Barney. In fact, fair play to Barney for offering a handshake. Because if Taylor acted like that, God knows how he would have acted had things happened vice versa.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭koppy

Taylor mentioned his age and retirement in nearly every interview this year..wonder is he thinking of finishing up and hoping to go out as champ.

Theyre maybe be added pressure but still no excuse for taylors bitchy behaviour. Hes 52 you would think hed have mellowed. MVG will hopefully silence taylor

And would of mellowed....off stage.

If he was mellow on stage in big matches then he wouldn't of won so many titles under the circumstances imo

• Advertisement

cizolin wrote: »
    And would of mellowed....off stage.

If he was mellow on stage in big matches then he wouldn't of won so many titles under the circumstances imo
    Van Gerwen will mellow him...on stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I am sick of Taylor and his BS. The man might be the finest thrower we have seen but he is a grade 1 tosser.

The ****e he came out with his last interview would make you sick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

sfwcork wrote: »
    Ahhhh didnt they interview lewis last night after he was beat

Did they? I musta missed that. Maybe different last night because it was such a good game. Losers usually are never interviewed...why would they want to be? "So you lost & are going home...how do you feel?" :confused: Who cares!
    also his comments after the wade ven gerwen match about it being a "warm up" match was pure disrespectful.

I dont agree. Neither MVG or Wade have a world title between them, Taylor & Barney have 20. Taylor & Barney were involved in the best(matter of opinion I suppose) match or certainly final ever. I'd say if you asked MCG or Wade they would probably say its a warm up to.

I dont like your fella Dave Clarke but ffs people in this thread are not letting the slightest little thing go without making a big drama out of it. Yeah he talks balls...thats his job...same as the commentators. They all do my head in aswell but I'd rather try to concentrate of the actual games & none of the hollyoaks BS that TV make up to go along with it

See you all for the final..

PLAYERSCHAMPSSFTAYLOR6_2870017.jpg

397611_389063937844091_499275598_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

The amount of people that have came into this thread to Taylor bash is ridiculous....where have you all been the rest of the tournament?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

In bed.

Devastator wrote: »
    The amount of people that have came into this thread to Taylor bash is ridiculous....where have you all been the rest of the tournament?

Are you having a laugh?? The display from Taylor at the end of that match was unreal. And his interview showed the pressure he is under. He talked some utter bullsh!t.

He's already making excuses.

Devastator wrote: »

If someone else had said in interview that his next opponent had suicidal tendencies, issues with his wife and then told him to f*** off while trying to wrestle out of a handshake, I'd be equally critical. Has anyone else behaved as badly?

If someone else had said in interview that his next opponent had suicidal tendencies, issues with his wife and then told him to f*** off while trying to wrestle out of a handshake, I'd be equally critical. Has anyone else behaved as badly?

Ah but Barney must have said something during the handshake after Taylor celebrated, provocatively, in front of his face.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

allybhoy wrote: »

They all do this.

Alot of the players are very easy to dislike in fairness barring Whitlock and Van Gerwen for me. Whitlock in particular will always show willingness to shake an opponents hand before bigging himself up.

It was noticeable tonight that Wade didn't even acknowledge Van Gerwens 9 darter, barely acknowledged him when the match finished either.

Sportsmanship isn't great within the sport. Taylor is always overly friendly with blokes he beats consistently and easily.

A bit like how Fergie is now Arsene Wenger's buddy seeing as Arsenal are no threat to them anymore.

Newflash:

"Phil Taylor has finally sat down for the night, so looks like Rod Harrington will only emerge from Taylors rear end in the morning".

Advertisement