Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PDC World Championship 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,957 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

what's peoples opinions on the final? I personally think MVG will hammer him 7-3 or 7-4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Nuts102 wrote: »
    what's peoples opinions on the final? I personally think MVG will hammer him 7-3 or 7-4

I think sadly MVG will continue to miss his doubles. Taylor to win...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

monkey9 wrote: »
    Are you having a laugh?? The display from Taylor at the end of that match was unreal. And his interview showed the pressure he is under. He talked some utter bullsh!t.

He's already making excuses.
    If someone else had said in interview that his next opponent had suicidal tendencies, issues with his wife and then told him to f*** off while trying to wrestle out of a handshake, I'd be equally critical. Has anyone else behaved as badly?

I'm not sticking up for him....I'm merely pointing out the amount of people that have not posted at all in this thread during the tournament then suddenly tonight *BANG* all goes mad. I'm not accusing either of you of this so dont be getting paranoid

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Nuts102 wrote: »
    7-5 van gerwen

Devastator wrote: »
    I'm not sticking up for him....I'm merely pointing out the amount of people that have not posted at all in this thread during the tournament then suddenly tonight *BANG* all goes mad. I'm not accusing either of you of this so dont be getting paranoid

I'm not paranoid. It IS you peeping through my windows at night!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭koppy

I think sadly MVG will continue to miss his doubles. Taylor to win...

Agree. Taylor punishes nearly every mistake. Hoping MVG but Taylor is hard to back against. 7- 5 Taylor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

I'm not paranoid. It IS you peeping through my windows at night!

Nope thats Jimbo the killer....I'm the one sticking my c*ck in your letterbox :eek::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Devastator wrote: »

Are you getting hipster with this thread? "I was posting in this thread before posting in this thread was cool. This thread sold out man!" :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Why does he keep bringing up the Gary Anderson thing in interviews? That's 3 times this week and its in now way relevant.

• Advertisement

Scum behaving like scum, shocker. If you nucked the arena tonight that would be a good few dole scroungers put down!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

I think something had to have been said after the game for Taylor to react the way he did.
    It wasn't just because Barney said he wasn't afraid of him or because he made a comeback imo.

He comes across very badly sometimes though and he did himself no favours tonight.

Final is very tough to call, even the bookies can't split them.

Van Gerwen will hit more big scores but The Power will probably hit finishes and big scores at the right times. I think Taylor's experience might just get him through but it should be a hell of a match.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭redarmy

Scum behaving like scum, shocker. If you nucked the arena tonight that would be a good few dole scroungers put down!
    :rolleyes:

redarmy wrote: »
    :rolleyes:
    Care to reply without a symbol? Fans and players for the most part are scum, period! I say that as a fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

Care to reply without a symbol? Fans and players for the most part are scum, period! I say that as a fan.
    I won't point the obvious out to you.

If you nucked the arena tonight that would be a good few dole scroungers put down!

They have a laugh. It's hardly a big deal. Darts is more popular in working class areas, but guess pubs are everywhere whereas hockey pitches... A lot of working class sports produce a tougher class of player, look at the rap sheets of some American football players, look at the terraces at football matches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Tobyglen

They have a laugh. It's hardly a big deal. Darts is more popular in working class areas, but guess pubs are everywhere whereas hockey pitches... A lot of working class sports produce a tougher class of player, look at the rap sheets of some American football players, look at the terraces at football matches.
    This is all in your head.

Tougher class of player is laughable. Mental toughness doesn't come from mainly being from a working class.

Degag wrote: »
    I won't point the obvious out to you.
    Please do, I'm missing it.

Conor74 wrote: »

And? They are scum aswell. Probably even worse! Civilised people can't have a laugh? The darts fans you see at these event are the lowest common denominator of human on the planet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

So... you're scum?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

Please do, I'm missing it.
    You know what, i wont. I'll just report you for trolling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I think people here are letting the incident at the end (which was disgraceful carry on, whatever way you look at it) cloud their judgement a bit. My wallet taught me a long time ago never to back against Taylor, especially in these situations. To say that MVG will definitely win this is a massive stab in the dark. Think with your heads, not with your hearts.

That said, he has the game to do so. The bottle he's shown over the past week suggests that his head is in the right place: weathering the storm against Lewis, not letting the high of hitting a 9-darter in a pressure match stop him from nearly hitting another one seconds later (can players even do that in practise?!?) and being able to compose himself despite James Wade not being phased by the 9-darter and coming back.

But this is Taylor we're talking about. Was I the only one who saw him winning the 10th set coming before it happened? (My housemates can verify that) That's exactly what he does! His opponent comes back to get a sniff, Taylor hits some pressure shots at the right time and puts all of our collective hopes safely to bed. Can the new look MVG (MVG 3.0?) handle that in the biggest match of his life? When other players play brilliantly, that only spurs him on. The public's doubt is to Taylor what spinach is to Popeye.

The only thing slightly different is that we're seeing Taylor start to show cracks, mid-tournament, for the first time. The attempts to bully his way into Barney's head - to remind him of rougher times and use his self-doubt as a psychological mind game - and the bragging that's been borderline shameless at times (when is Taylor ever not pretending to be humble?): how he's still breaking records and how Barney should be afraid of him. That's not arrogance talking, that's textbook insecurity. Is he trying to convince us, Dave Clarke or himself? Methinks it's the latter. (And Dark Clarke too, actually. He seems a bit dim.)

And he's going against the only guy in Ally Pally, or watching on TV, who stayed calm after tonight's 9-darter.

Like Taylor or not, though, it's the perfect final. If MVG IS the real deal, then he kinda has to go through Taylor on the biggest stage to prove it, right? It's the final everyone wanted and it could be up there with Taylor and Barney from '07. Or it could be another case of Taylor dashing everyone's hopes yet again because, guess what, that's exactly what he does. I'm picking Taylor to win 7-4 because I don't have the money or balls to pick otherwise.

cambo2008 wrote: »
    So... you're scum?
    No, I'm middle class. I like darts but I wish such scum didnt play and follow it.

And? They are scum aswell. Probably even worse! Civilised people can't have a laugh? The darts fans you see at these event are the lowest common denominator of human on the planet.

Yes. There was a guy dressed as Where's Wally last night and I thought he was worse than Pol Pot and Ratko Mladic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Stuck a tenner ew on mvg back in october @ 14/1. Not a fan of taylor, even before 2nite. Seriously want MVG as the sky commentators seem mad to get it to stick, to win. 1st to deny Phil the prick another win, and 2nd to win me the bet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

No, I'm middle class. I like darts but I wish such scum didnt play and follow it.
    Well fair play to you for lowering yourself to mix with us mere peasants. Boules on the lawn and cucumber sandwiches? Me? With my reputation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

I really hope MvG wins. How the hell did he improve so much in under a year? This time last year he was just another Vincent van der Voort. I think he's going to take over the mantle of fan's favourite from Barney, if he hasn't done already.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 ATR180

i hope the fact that MVG and Barney are such good friends not have the opposite effect......AND THAT HE MURDERS TAYLOR ON THE DARTBOARD........:eek::eek::eek:

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Well fair play to you for lowering yourself to mix with us mere peasants. Boules on the lawn and cucumber sandwiches? Me? With my reputation?
    You are welcome, peasant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 ATR180

I really hope MvG wins. How the hell did he improve so much in under a year? This time last year he was just another Vincent van der Voort. I think he's going to take over the mantle of fan's favourite from Barney, if he hasn't done already.
    Michelle Smith springs 2 mind.....lol...only joking:D:D:D:D......this guy was this years ago just not on our tellys.....hes growing up......MATURING i think it is........:eek:

Advertisement